Round 20 Discussion

5 and 2.

Still good, but it's one thing to win a game in Round 1 or the final round of the competition where everyone is just waiting for the finals, it's another to win when it matters.
Right you are. For some reason I thought they played in round one and Souths won. Neither of those things happened 🤦🏼‍♂️

I only remember him as a fresh grade 8 student when he was so small. Amazing how much he’s grown and quick the years go by [emoji24]

Ha, he was a year ahead of me at Wavell, but his brother was in my grade so he hung out with us quite a bit.

He must have grown bloody fast, because he was a unit by grade 10 or so.

Feel for subloo, dickhead move of Stuart's giving him only 2 minutes of game time

Ha, he was a year ahead of me at Wavell, but his brother was in my grade so he hung out with us quite a bit.

He must have grown bloody fast, because he was a unit by grade 10 or so.
Saw him at my local woollies during the lock down, from far away I was like woah that dude is massive, he should play football...ended up passing him and noticing it was Dunamis 😂 massive, massive unit when you see him out of context in the toothpaste aisle.

He seems to have had a complete turn around from the first few games he played on the wing. He appeared to be the slowest winger ever. Perhaps he was carrying an injury in those earlier games. Might have to fire up the game and watch it in full.
Yes, I agree. It was quite odd to see how slow and average he looked for Souths in all his previous games compared to what he looked like as a Broncos junior. He was never electric fast like Addo Carr, but I don't remember him being as slow as he looked in his earlier games.

To me, he looked a lot heavier in first grade too than what he was as a junior, so maybe that played a part. He is looking a little bit slimmer these past few weeks, and he seems noticeably quicker and fitter. He also looks a lot more confident in everything he is doing at the moment, which is good to see. I guess everyone develops at a different rate.

I'm hoping he continues to improve his game, and catches the attention of the incoming Broncos coach. I think he is a pure fullback, and I doubt he would want to play wing long term, so that could help if we go after him.

Did the chooks lose to avoid Melbourne in week 1.
I think the Panthers could go out in consecutive weeks.

Did the chooks lose to avoid Melbourne in week 1.
I think the Panthers could go out in consecutive weeks.
Probably already been scripted for the Rorters to do the 3peat ....first team to win comp after having 50+ put on them during regular season and SBW to win churchill medal after playing 20 minutes with a broken finger nail....produced and directed by NswRL.

That was awful defence from Parramatta last night, the Tigers were having their way with that right edge. Even at the death, Brooks was able to easily isolate Moses 1-1 to put Garner through. If it wasn't for a great tackle by Gutherson and Doueihi's boot it would have been a different game altogether. The secret appears to be out now with the Eels, Moses and Blake are extremely poor defenders and they'll get torn apart by Munster, Papenhuyzen and Addo-Carr.

Parramatta are still their own worst enemy at times. They were obsessed with going right the entire second half although it clearly wasn't working for them. Fortunately Wests gave them enough chances they were able to score a couple of tries through some ad-lib football, but it shouldn't have taken so long. They were creating all sorts of chances down that left hand-side in the first half and it's always been one of the Tigers weakest areas, I couldn't understand why it took them until the dying minutes to swing it out that way. I still think the playmakers are too selfish and need to put their skills to better use. Both Gutherson and Moses are still guilty of forcing the play, both need to take a look at Walker and Reynolds to see how it's done.

It just seems obvious that they've done their race. All their hopes come down to Dylan Brown and even if he does make the field, I just don't think he's going to be right physically to lead them. It really shouldn't come down to a 20-year old half to play like a top team.

I've put a red line through them, to me it's down to Penrith and Melbourne. Sydney, Canberra and Souths could turn some heads come finals but I just don't see them lifting up the premiership when it's all said and done.

Last edited:
So glad we got rid of guys like KNik and Su'A in the last couple of years, absolutely shocking players. So glad we don't have them setting up tries and smashing people in defense, who wants that?

Nikorima is so much better than Croft lol, it's actually sad

Nikorima is so much better than Croft lol, it's actually sad

That is missing the point, he is so much better than Milford it is sad. I remember saying it at the time that we had chosen to wrong half to retain. He produce more on probably less than half the wage of Milford.

Goodness me, Warriors have faced far more difficulty this season than Brisbane and look at them. Plus they have some decent to gun players coming in to become even better.

It would be so nice to even know who our coach will be.

I'm looking forward to see who we can poach from the Storm's second team and Donuty can bring with him in the final game of the round (which I won't be watching live because I can't be bothered).

So glad we got rid of guys like KNik and Su'A in the last couple of years, absolutely shocking players. So glad we don't have them setting up tries and smashing people in defense, who wants that?
I dont think many would be suprised with the form of those 2 since they were punted for million dollar geniuses on our books... To me id only be suprised if croft turns into any kind of decent playmaker elsewhere as he was rubbish at the storm also

Didn't they both spit the dummy because they were told they wouldn't be in the starting 13 .
They could have stayed and fought for their spots

Darius would have been proud of that defensive effort from Funa. Vintage.

Keighran looks surprisingly likely in the centres.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.