POST GAME [Round 21, 2023] Broncos vs Rabbitohs

I hate this.

Technically, it's an obstruction. But Jensen was not stopping Koloamatangi from sliding across to close the gap. He played for the obstruction which is what I hate. The refs need to start cracking down on this.

Yep. This was why I called it BS in the live post. KK was certainly not impeded, he easily could have gone around. Also, Walsh never ran around Herbie. Stayed inside. KK was initiating contact, which Reynolds was arguing at the time.

Really glad WWOS had the red circle to show where the raised knee was.

I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F23ae07c4-e251-42ed-8c1b-326eeb80f97f

Except Marty hit no one and no jaw was broken. These "what ifs" are fucken dumb.
And while it looked ugly, can you show me where Sua'ali'i got 3 - 4 weeks for his first time running with raised knee's? Oh you can't?
Didn't think so.

Fmd Marty will get the same suspension for raising a knee that hit no one as RCG did for intentionally driving both his knees into the back of a downed player.
Get the **** out of here.

Suali got a warning 1st , like Marty .
Next time suspended .

I think Marty's is a grade worse for sure. Suaalli is a grub but Marty's lift was way higher.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing a Parker and calling it the worst act on a football field in years, it's just a brain fart with potential to be horribly dangerous. 3 weeks is fair, don't do it again.

I think Walsh was hard done by, Marty getting 3 weeks for that raised knee, not so much. I'd have personally went grade 2 given there was no harm done, but this isn't an incident where I think the MRC is being over bearing.

That being said I'd love to see the outcome if Nelson did it. Dude is invisible to the media and MRC with his grubbery. At least JWH gets fined every 2nd week.
I think 1-2 would be fair. 3 is just NRL being NRL. I'm pretty sure they are strongly influenced by Fox commentary. They seriously should not be allowed to watch commentated games. It would be like judges and juries watching Fox News reporting on crimes. You would see small crimes being heavily punished and guys like Kyle Rittenhouse being let off.....🤔

Hmmm ? What about that pass he offloaded to Walsh last night that put him into the back field and within a whisker of scoring ? Or were you taking a piss when that happened ?
This was so nice, but I think our centres both need some passing training. Kotoni struggles to pass sometimes pretty badly. Herbie also is quite reluctant. In any case, we know he can pass, but he really does not pass often to his winger.

It's just our right to left isn't as good as our left to right. Walsh doesn't skip across quite as well to attract the next defender, and he doesn't pass as well that direction. It will hopefully come, but the link is just not as fluid going that side.
It was the other way around earlier in the year.

Our right side is dangerous because the threat of Kotoni Staggs, you got to gang him close to the line.

Last night they tried to get right up in his grill and left Selwyn with an acre to work with out wide, ended up being a try.

Our right side is dangerous because the threat of Kotoni Staggs, you got to gang him close to the line.

Last night they tried to get right up in his grill and left Selwyn with an acre to work with out wide, ended up being a try.
Cody also decided to play touch footy against him last night

Did you guys also notice how we pushed the go button 30-40 out on the 3rd? Seems like we aren't afraid to chance the long range stuff. If it doesn't work on 3rd, 4th is a settler and then 5th is a set play to score.

We won that game with our defense, I know Reynolds and Walsh will get the credit for putting on a few tries but there's no doubt the game changed when the team as a collective made is real hard for Souths to get out of their own end.

I think Marty's is a grade worse for sure. Suaalli is a grub but Marty's lift was way higher.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing a Parker and calling it the worst act on a football field in years, it's just a brain fart with potential to be horribly dangerous. 3 weeks is fair, don't do it again.

I think Walsh was hard done by, Marty getting 3 weeks for that raised knee, not so much. I'd have personally went grade 2 given there was no harm done, but this isn't an incident where I think the MRC is being over bearing.

That being said I'd love to see the outcome if Nelson did it. Dude is invisible to the media and MRC with his grubbery. At least JWH gets fined every 2nd week.
Yea dont get me wrong Kimlo, im not justifying Marty here, i also think it was a brain fart raising his knee like that, and should for sure be eradicated from the game.
BUT BUT BUT - consistency.
Dont give Marty a bigger penalty than the guy who is known for doing it and has repeated offenses and who also knocked a guy out and faced less time on the sidelines and didnt even get binned etc.

Reyno put a couple over last week with a simple cut out pass and a grubber. Mam has hit a wall a bit, maybe it’s because Walsh is there and he doesn’t have to, but I don’t think he’s had the same confidence in his playmaking of late and he’s reverted to just running the ball.
It’s not abnormal at all for a player to struggle in his second season after teams figure his game out. I also think he’s a really shy and quiet fella and it’s hard for him to find his voice in a spine of Reyno and Wlash.

He has really simplified his game and is focusing mostly on defence, running, and backing up in support which I think he is doing quite good at. Hopefully Kev and the coaching staff start slowly building on his game. He’s got all the natural attributes you could ask for in a half so as long as he keeps working hard I have plenty of faith he’ll push through this.

He’s 20 years old and isn’t being a liability. Let’s check back in on him after he’s got 50+ games under his belt.

So true, its part of why i like Staggs so much.
He is absolutely a threat anytime the ball heads his way and he pulls defenders in.
He is also a menace to run at when the opposition has the ball.
His tackles seem to have more sting in them than most.

Unread

Active Now

• teampjta
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Pablo
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Stix
  • Skyblues87
  • phoenix
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.