PRE-GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Hopefully Riki has atlReynolds back than, although Reynolds is a pretty smart defender.
Reynolds tackles at like 90% efficiency.

He also loves to come out of the line to cut off backline plays... something that has been dearly missed when teams were just going wide backline moves in yardage and catching us out.

I know Manly did it at magic round... just had room for days and no one was jumping out to cut it off

I'm thinking Kevvie will put Cobbo on the right wing... but I'd prefer him on the left.

The right wing will be peppered with Burton bombs and I'd prefer Jesse under them than Cobbo ... who can be very hit and miss... Souths game in Rd 15 comes to mind.

I'm a fan of Mariner at centre.
His speed is better served there IMO. Walsh and Mariner together will have teams shitting themselves.

They did last weekend .
1st Mariner ran through Gagai like he was a turnstile . Then next time Walsh selected Piakura even though Mariner was in a gap of his own .
They should get a few more metres with Cobbo on the wing . Though I wish some times he would try running past defenders a la Artharts rather than over them . I think he would have more success . He is a target for big shots with his straight at em running in the red zone .

Reynolds tackles at like 90% efficiency.

He also loves to come out of the line to cut off backline plays... something that has been dearly missed when teams were just going wide backline moves in yardage and catching us out.

I know Manly did it at magic round... just had room for days and no one was jumping out to cut it off
I'm more concerned with Ezra running up to far leaving his outside man isolated. Preston runs great lines and is a handful close to the line.

once again we’re gonna miss Oates making the hard yards. Hopefully cobbo can take as many runs as possible.

FFS !
Arthars makes waaay more metres than Oates . Kick high to Oates and he might make a 5 metres return . The good old days of Oates being a metre eater are in the rear view mirror .

Caturday playing the Bulldogs well I am ready for my trip unfortunately no updates on the unofficial mascot of this forum she might be on my bed after I leave and her twat of a brother might piss her off

FFS !
Arthars makes waaay more metres than Oates . Kick high to Oates and he might make a 5 metres return . The good old days of Oates being a metre eater are in the rear view mirror .
Oates will always be there taking runs out of our end every single set. He may not be as quick as he used to but he’s not shying away from the work. He’s set a bench mark and we need cobbo to put in the work.

I think Mariner on the wing will need to happen eventually, he will get alot more space there and his real advantage is his stupidly fast speed and finishing ability, which he will have more opportunities to use with Walsh and Reyno back.

Sure he has errors in him around the kick return side of his game but the positives will outweigh the negatives I feel, he was scoring a quite a few tries earlier in the year that wouldn't be possible with anyone else in our team playing wing.

Some of those issues could be a developmental thing that should have been addressed years prior giving him more games at Wing, because as far as I remember he basically was exclusively playing Centre in Cup?

Nearly all if not all the mins he has played Wing have been in first grade.

3/22 Cup games on the wing.

Liking Mariner at centre. His game is almost reliant on hs building some pressure and fatigue in the opposition. He looks shit running the ball out of our end in games we have no possession but when there is some fatigue he can work some magic as we saw on the weekend. Mozer on the bench will be great. Smoothy can cover lock for 15 minutes. I'd be expecting patty to play huge minutes again as much as I hate to see it happen.

FFS !

I disagree, Oates is still good for yardage, not saying he's any better than Arthars but he's still good in that regard.

Unread

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.