Round 21 - Broncos vs Eels - Post Match Discussion

yeah i dont see where all the hate on capewell is coming from. i mean im not saying he's in our best 17 or anything but for a depth player he did an alright job.

Agreed. The 'Macca' play pissed me off no end, but other than that, I actually thought he had a solid game - all things considered.

Certainly came out of the match with a lot more credit than some of the more established players in our squad.

He made a couple of try saving tackles (Sio's break) and almost stripped that other one over the line (which I still don't agree with).

He also showed more in support play than Hoffman has over the past 10 rounds.

He did a few good things but I just don't see him as a long term option at fullback. Maybe in the halves but he was given a fair crack by the Titans but was no good. A depth signing that is all IMO. I wouldn't have him on a contract in the top 25 TBH.

He did a few good things but I just don't see him as a long term option at fullback. Maybe in the halves but he was given a fair crack by the Titans but was no good. A depth signing that is all IMO. I wouldn't have him on a contract in the top 25 TBH.

A player in the Aaron Gorrell mould.

No way long term at FB.

Agreed. The 'Macca' play pissed me off no end, but other than that, I actually thought he had a solid game - all things considered.

Certainly came out of the match with a lot more credit than some of the more established players in our squad.

He was okay, but that effort on Sandow at the end was piss weak.

That really wasn't my point. I was stressing Macca should be playing 80 and he shouldn't have come off last night. He was easily one of our best and has been these past couple of weeks.

If that's what he's thinking he deserves to be dropped pronto.

His play was never on and it isn't the first time he's done it at first grade either.

People lose their s**t when Macca does it but suddenly it's a-okay when the noobie does it.

It was an ordinary play yes. But other than that he had a pretty good game I thought. It pissed me off to no end when Norman kept dummying to him on the second man play. When he finally gave Capewell an opportunity he scored a try.

His kick returns were also weak and defence at the back was pretty useless too.

But that play from dummy half was the final straw. Killed all the momentum we had.

I believe it was Capewell, but I had well and truly stopped caring by then so could be wrong. Whoever it was should hang their head in extra shame though.

It was Beale who missed Sandow.

Capewell had his own similar miss in the first half......forget who it was on. Right side for the eels

His kick returns were also weak and defence at the back was pretty useless too.

But that play from dummy half was the final straw. Killed all the momentum we had.

He made 8 tackles on the night. Only 1 other fullback in the comp made more tackles than him in the entire round (Dugan with 9 FTR). Shows how flimsy our defence was on the night, and Capewell made a few good one on one tackles as well. If the 12 blokes in front of him can't stop the Eels what hope has Capewell got????

I thought Capewell went OK - good enough to use his services again and see what he's got

Also thought Maranta, Hunt and Whitchurch showed good signs for the future, if we can keep them

This whole, the team played terribly doesn't excuse Capewell's individial performance.

If you want to talk stats. how about we talk about his 4 missed tackles, the second just behind Kevin Locke. And those misses were pitiful, particularly on I believe it was Blair and the first Sandow try.

Dolphins can have him.

WTF of all the players that played crap we are picking on capewell who's first game back is in a badly beaten side

Plenty of blame to go around.

But seriously, seeing his name ahead of Hoffman's in the Round 22 thread lead me to my ramble.

Capewell went better than Hoffman has anytime over the last 2 months or so.

The only thing Capewell did 'better' was hitting the ball out instead of clocking the bloke in the head.

Otherwise, it was quite apparent we were missing Hoffman. You forget how invaluable his kick returns are until he's gone and we definitely missed that early spark at the start of our sets. Capewell isn't that type of fullback, it'd be like getting critical of Barba for not doing the same, I understand that but at the same time the areas where Capewell should have been better, like 3rd man plays and support play never came through.

That's my piece though, clearly others thought he was the bees knees and well...whatcha gonna do.

You're not the only one, Capewell had some moments but he hardly outshone Hoffman and Hoffman is banged up and supposedly in bad form!

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Behold
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • kiwibronco
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Brotherdu
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.