Round 21 - Broncos vs Eels - Post Match Discussion

I'd like to know why Whitchurch played a whole eight minutes? WTF is up with that?
This made me so angry. Whitchurch was barnstorming on the wing against Cronulla but now we choose to have 2 back rowers in the centers and leave Whitchurch on the bench. Makes no sense

I agree, it's just bloody silly that we have two backrowers in the centers when Whitchurch has shown that he's up for the job.

Yeah. Bulldogs have been doing that too, their props pass at the line, and it's one of the biggest reasons for their success (right after Barba) IMO.

Yes, and we haven't been doing this for what, at least a decade. The Dogs have a coach who isn't stuck in some sort of rut, maybe the legacy of his mentor.

I used to praise Hook for what seemed to be his ability to learn from his mistakes. Either that or the team go out on the field and deliberately ignore what they should have learned at training.

What do they do at training?

We did start the year with a bit of short passing among the forwards which was working nicely but for some reason we stopped.

It really doesn't help our cause when the whole team is down on confidence and in such shit form.

Stats aren't the be all and end all though. To me, it's just seemed like he's been going through the motions this season.

He's lost that dynamism that made him so great in previous years. Can't remember the last time he broke through the line.

I've always been one of his biggest fans too, so I find it really disappointing.

You are taking into account his shoulder injury aren't you?

One of the worst performances by a sporting team since the Aus Mens team lost the 4x100m relay final

maranta tried all night. i'd put 17 marantas out there.

exactly this. If the rest of team had half of the effort and passion for the club that maranta obviously has we would be in a much better position. I read an article about him how he grow up at the broncs when his grandfather founded the club and that he lives and breathes the culture, and it's very apparent. He is fantastic... shame there isn't more of him

Q cup might have a few next weekend,bloody posers

Q cup should but im sure they won't unfortunately. Fully expecting the team sheet to come out today with zero changes except for people like maranta and capewell that had a real dig to be dropped... so we can expect more of last nights garbage on friday night. I am big enough to admit when I'm wrong and I have to now agree with many on here. Hunt needs to be in th halves no question.

Te'o didn't score cause hannant took out a defender right next to him. Correct decision.

I meant how did Te'o not score after the Hunt chip and chase/line break. From where I was sitting looked like he just had to pin the ears for the corner

The idiot decided to step back inside. Should have went for the corner

injured or not, Thaiday has been next to useless this year.

No doubt. However how much of that is his fault? He established himself as a marquee player on the right fringe over the last few years, now he spends most of his time back in the middle where all would agree he is not as effective. This is without mentioning he's counting down the days until a shoulder re-con'. These things have a huge influence over the form of players.

As long as we have Gillett and Glenn in the team, Sammy is going to go the way of Hindmarsh. Pushed into the middle where his attack is nullified.

What a horible game, though two big positives came out of that, Maranta had a fantastic game and will push Copley next year for the wing spot and Hunts little stint at halfback showed he should be somewhere in the halves. Hunt reminds me a little of Cronk, except for that shocker of a kick last night!!

Norman.....what was with his passing, can't he hit a player running forward on the chest, constantly passing behind and basically stopping any forward momentum from the wider runners.

Not looking forward to the Canberra game

Attacking players without the ball CANNOT touch a defender AT ALL when the defender is in the process of tackling the ball carrier.

I'm not sure the actions of the parra player made any difference to whether parra scored or not, but technically, i think it should have been disaollowed.

One thing I've always wondered about this rule though is that it only ever seems to be enforced when a team scores a try. What about all the other times that players from the attacking team get involved when a player is being pushed back in goal, over the side line etc.

I meant how did Te'o not score after the Hunt chip and chase/line break. From where I was sitting looked like he just had to pin the ears for the corner

oh yeah he bombed that big time. all he had to do was pass to the unmarked-for-20m winger and all of a sudden we're only 6 points behind after what, 10 minutes of the second half? instead he tried to step and barge his way over himself.

oh yeah he bombed that big time. all he had to do was pass to the unmarked-for-20m winger and all of a sudden we're only 6 points behind after what, 10 minutes of the second half? instead he tried to step and barge his way over himself.

Was he thinking about making the conversion easier? I deadset thought he was over for sure.

This was after Fui's try and after Wallace went off so the score was 36 - 18, IIRC.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Skathen
  • Dash
  • Broncorob
  • barker
  • Bish
  • thenry
  • Mr Fourex
  • bb_gun
  • Maroon4life
  • broncoscope
  • MrRobot
  • broncos4life
  • mrslong
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Justwin
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.