Round 21 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Pre-Match Discussion

This part of the season is where the real contenders really start to lift and break away from the rest of the teams.

I always start watching games hoping we'll win, but realistically it's a long shot...longer than the Storm game, especially playing at Brookvale.

I'm tipping us to win.

I think we'll be a desperate side that's just a little hungrier for the win.

We've shown we can play good, intense when we have too...and we'll need to do that to beat the eagles at the mudpatch.

When Hodges clicks, he is amazing but the issue is with his self belief that he is superman and must save us all the time.

I'm a huge fan of Hodges so may be a bit biased here, but I think he's been trying to do too much and win games by himself because there hasn't been much alternative. With our only half being swamped by defence and the left side of the field being a black hole who else was going to do something?

Hopefully having Barba in attack at 5/8 will finally cure Hodges of trying to do too much in attack. All Hunt/Barba need to do is give him the ball early and let him work his magic in the 10 metre line. Hodges is at his most dangerous when he has the ball early and can use his size and agility to make something happen.

I tipped the Eagles tonight, but I'm actually feeling a Broncos upset coming..

Memo to Hook/Ben Hunt:
Kicking on the third tackle in the first set is NOT a good tactic.

Actually it can be if it's done as part of a set play with a proper chase, and the whole team knows what's going on and is prepared for the consequences, both in attack and defence if it doesn't come off.

Nothing like the element of (planned) surprise, which sadly seems not to be part of our repertoire

Active Now

• Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • porouian
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • rj9
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • LittleDavey
  • Skathen
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.