PRE-GAME Round 21 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

All those calling for changes after the storm loss... Nope. That's not what you do after 1 loss even if it was by 40. That's how you ensure another loss. You rally the troops, get their heads up and get them back out on the park with the same bloke beside them desperate to prove they're not as shit as the big loss. The next changes we need to make and slowly at that, are Boyd to centre, SOS to 6, Glenn back to 11 and tpj to lock. Following that I'd swap turps and Macca. Leave the rest as is for a while.

Last edited:
How is he not in the team...
Yeah that's just stupid. After his last game for the Broncos he deserves another run.
[automerge]1565081019[/automerge]
Looks like the tide has already washes away siebolds line in the sand.

Last edited:
How is he not in the team...

I don't think you can throw rookies straight back into the mix after a decent stint away from the game like you can with the more experienced guys. They've not had all the extra years of games and conditioning that allows them to get back up to speed like the veterans do.

My understanding is that you need to be careful with the young guys and it is better to err on the side of caution rather than rush them back.

Aiden Sezer is unwanted by the Raiders.

If our juniors can’t be trusted I’d be happy to go with an experienced half if he’s not expensive. Because ffs we are the only team in the last 5-6 years without a kicking game. It’s getting pathetic.

I'd take Sezer on the cheap relative to his experience but that's all. He's been enough of a journeyman now that his failure to lock down a spot puts him in the cheap category.

We need a half that can kick us out of trouble and control the game behind the meters our forwards make week after week . Like Seibold said we don’t know how to get ourselves out when under pressure or when things aren’t going our way .

Sezer is quite a good kicker. Actually fairly decent player and might help the young halves out. He's no Benji but he still would have a few things to pass on.

Sezer is quite a good kicker. Actually fairly decent player and might help the young halves out. He's no Benji but he still would have a few things to pass on.

I reckon he's been playing really well in a very good side, a team full of self belief, and one coached to maximise plays and opportunities created by 2 quality halves.

We have 2 halves who aren't in the team: Dearden and O'S.

It really shows, in a team lacking on self belief given there is no real leadership in the middle.

I was also amused to read that Turps calls Macca his mentor. Sheesh we are doomed

Siebold needs to bite the bullet and move Milford back to 5/8 and put Boyd at fullback purely because we need a half. Turpin just hasn’t got a kicking game and we are in desperate need at the moment for one

Siebold needs to bite the bullet and move Milford back to 5/8 and put Boyd at fullback purely because we need a half. Turpin just hasn’t got a kicking game and we are in desperate need at the moment for one
Sorry mate, but that bold underlined bit is...

All those calling for changes after the storm loss... Nope. That's not what you do after 1 loss even if it was by 40. That's how you ensure another loss. You rally the troops, get their heads up and get them back out on the park with the same bloke beside them desperate to prove they're not as shit as the big loss. The next changes we need to make and slowly at that, are Boyd to centre, SOS to 6, Glenn back to 11 and tpj to lock. Following that I'd swap turps and Macca. Leave the rest as is for a while.
But it is not 1 loss is it? It's been a season where players have shown a consistent lack of discipline to the basic skills of the game. We have senior players crumbling under pressure and club stalwarts failing to offer resistance when put under pressure. We have junior players entrenched in an under performing team with little threat of competition.
It is a recipe for the kind of mediocrity we have seen all season. We do little more than hope a rookie becomes an overnight sensation and saves the rest. Where is a strategy for this team and what is going to drive improvement?
There should be some kind strategy driving this team and players should be buying into it, but how can they if the skills to enact it are beyond them and there is no pressure to give the attention to detail required to perform the?
It is one thing to be beaten by a better team on the day but they have more often than not collapsed after conceding multiple tries. They have consistently failed to absorb opponents' pressure and more often than not not gone for a low percentage, all or nothing play that has dug them desperate.

I reckon he's been playing really well in a very good side, a team full of self belief, and one coached to maximise plays and opportunities created by 2 quality halves.

We have 2 halves who aren't in the team: Dearden and O'S.

It really shows, in a team lacking on self belief given there is no real leadership in the middle.

I was also amused to read that Turps calls Macca his mentor. Sheesh we are doomed

If I’m not wrong Turps and another young player (Coates I think), are living at Macca’s house.

nothing better than a good scare lol

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • Thelmus
  • Griffo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Locky field goal
  • Culhwch
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • achievedrap
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • IceWorks
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.