PRE-GAME Round 21 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Dearden doesn't think it's that bad.

I hope he's right, but he said the same thing last time and was out for a couple of months. I just want to see the kid play again, it was exciting seeing a new half starting his career at the Broncos. I want us to have some real halves again!

We can basically treat this as our Grand Final. If we lose, put a circle around mad monday. Win, and we're still in the fight

Unfortunately it seems like the entire team has to carry Boyd. Even bloody Macca can at least tackle but I swear Boyd is the absolute worst captain in all of the Broncos history (yes even Thaiday wore his heart on every game unlike this useless turd of a captain)
Well he notched up an impressive 1 run for 7 metres against the storm... :p

Honestly wouldn't make a Qcup team.

How did McCullough pull up with his neck injury? It would be great if O'Sullivan is back this week. I like Turpin but the kid isn't a half and his kicking on Friday night showed.

I seriously don't believe you watch these blokes play. He's no better than Luke Capwell or Cameron Cullen, and they couldn't cut it the in the NRL either.

Come up with an original idea to get us out of this mess then. You're better at shooting down ideas than you are at having them.

You
Come up with an original idea to get us out of this mess then. You're better at shooting down ideas than you are at having them.

YouTube clips of players aren't going to provide any answers. Have a look, I've said plenty of times what I'd do with this side. No point signing somebody like Foggy, or Cullen, or Scarlett because we already have halves of that kind of ability, if not better at the club. No doubt we are struggling a little in terms of halves because we have a few injuries, but it's just something we have to get through short term.

Dearden doesn't think it's that bad. He's had scans and news will be released today. I've been burnt before listening to players who think they're doctors but he sounded confident it's not severe.
[automerge]1564954926[/automerge]

I don't think so.
[automerge]1564955025[/automerge]

Well Grant has a handy 9 in front of him and wants to stay at the Storm. He's been promoted now too so he's not leaving.

All those other players have had their shot at various clubs and have settled in ISC for years now. Templeman has come back well but he's been playing BRL this year.

Scarlett had his Broncos shot and has been great this year but it's gone now.
Yeah I know Smith and Smith are in front of him but did the Boncos ever give him an offer

You

YouTube clips of players aren't going to provide any answers. Have a look, I've said plenty of times what I'd do with this side. No point signing somebody like Foggy, or Cullen, or Scarlett because we already have halves of that kind of ability, if not better at the club. No doubt we are struggling a little in terms of halves because we have a few injuries, but it's just something we have to get through short term.
Right now I'd settle for a half who can kick. I don't care if it's one of the ones we got or someone we bring in but that's a must. We can't expect to continue with two ordinary punters at 6 and 7.
Beside that, against the best teams we need to value possession more, and expect a greater degree to attention to detail. A kick out on the full happens, but within two kick offs with the one in the middle nearly doing so too? Our fullback was caught out of position too many times. Our replacement hooker needs to value defence as well as attack. Our 5/8th seems to have no idea how to cope under pressure (the very reason he is there).
On the other hand too much is made of our forwards lack of metres. You turn big men into tackling machines then that is what you'll get.
We need to concentrate on discipline in the simple, mundane things like numbering up, accurate passing, and following the game plan.
Our biggest problem this year has been rushing younger players in, expecting them to have old heads, and expecting a few select senior players to drive discipline. They can't do so if: A they are struggling for form, and B, they are playing unfamiliar roles to make up for a lack of a back up option.
I'm not saying our half crisis was avoidable, but certainly the problems with our outside backs defence was avoidable. Indeed defence in general has been given the short shrift in favour of promising attack, but you need both. If anything a good defence can create attacking opportunities, but no attack can flourish, no matter how good, when constantly trapped playing one up hit ups followed by mediocre kicks.

Round21Team

Last edited:
Two numbers 4s hey? Siebold's bringing some new and unusual techniques out now.

I thought O'Sullivan was back this week but obviously not.

Do you guys reckon we would go better with Turpin at hooker and Macca at 7? I know Macca will offer very little here, but I still feel like Turpin brings much more to the team at 9. Having someone who drops the big fellas like Turpin does is invaluable when our team seems to so often be retreating in defence.

Do you guys reckon we would go better with Turpin at hooker and Macca at 7? I know Macca will offer very little here, but I still feel like Turpin brings much more to the team at 9. Having someone who drops the big fellas like Turpin does is invaluable when our team seems to so often be retreating in defence.
To be honest, the very same thought occurred to me. I think Macca played in the halves when SoS was injured and I thought he played quite well. Couple nice kicks, everything else perfectly serviceable. Gets Turpin into his best position too.

What about Glenn to 5/8 and swapping with Boyd!!! I mean, he'd absolutely have to be better than DB there!

Turpin 6 macca 7 boyd 4

Active Now

• Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Lozza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.