PRE-GAME Round 21 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I think it's time for Paix to make his debut.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Boyd (unfortunately)
4. Staggs
5. Farmsworth
6. O'Sullivan
7. Paix
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glen/Fifita
12. Pangai Jnr
13. Carrigan

14. Segyaro
15. Fifita/Glen
16. Gillet/Flegler
17. Offa

18. Flegler

Macca have a rest mate. Take the last few rounds off to make sure you good to go for state league next year.

Paix is injured, hasn't played since the third Origin night.
[automerge]1564886158[/automerge]
Is Dargan out injured? I don't get having halves that we have bought playing ISC and not using them when we have an injury crisis like we have had. I do not understand how they expect to beat any of the top sides with a halves pairing of Turpin and Boyd. Does my head in.

No injury played the first week of the split round last week.
[automerge]1564886228[/automerge]
View attachment 5885

Would be a good buy IMO

All that footage is from Tweed- six years ago. He plays for the Bears.

Last edited:

Far out.
[automerge]1564887036[/automerge]

What other options do we have @1910? Anybody from the ISC who is eligible to play for us at halfback? I don't really want to continue with the Boyd at 6 and Turps at 7 experiment.

Last edited:
Terrible news about Dearden. I thought he and SoS would’ve made a good halves pairing.

I’m not against having SoS and Macca in the halves and dropping Boyd. Boyd is literally not doing anything at all at 6 so we might as well just chuck the other dud there because at least he can tackle and kind of kick. Stop hampering Turpins development and let him actually play hooker.

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. SoS
7. Macca
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Gillett

14. Seggy
15. Offa
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan
Coach / Club have no balls. They won't drop Boyd even though he shouldn't be picked for a local under 8s team. He's complete garbage and not anywhere close Qcup level, let alone NRL.

Or on the bench with Segy at 9. Turps might be the best utility player we've ever had - up there with Berrigan - but he can't carry Boyd in the halves.
Unfortunately it seems like the entire team has to carry Boyd. Even bloody Macca can at least tackle but I swear Boyd is the absolute worst captain in all of the Broncos history (yes even Thaiday wore his heart on every game unlike this useless turd of a captain)

IIRC, wasnt Foggy playing more 5/8th with Cullen at half back?

I know the footage is from years ago. Only means he’s a more mature version of that player now.

He’s having one of his best seasons this year.

7FEC1522 4B2B 403E 8BDD 52F908CA5EBA
34F45A66 65A6 4089 A2FC A1E4169F7139

[automerge]1564892970[/automerge]
574D5C10 B900 417A BDF5 84C60C1D2774

Creative Queensland Residents halfback Jamal Fogarty does more than just lead the Burleigh Bears around the park each week in Queensland's Intrust Super Cup competition.

The 24-year-old also leads troubled young kids with unpleasant backgrounds to a better place, giving them hope and direction that there is a better life ahead for them.

For Fogarty, who works at the Youth Justice and Child Safety Service, helping young people who have lost their way can be more rewarding than winning a game of rugby league.

He knows he is dealing with people in dire need on a daily basis.

"You think you might be having some crappy days until you work with some of these kids and you suddenly realise: every day is a good day for us," Fogarty told QRL Media as he prepared for Sunday's Residents clash with NSW, the prelude to State of Origin Game II.

"When you see the way they live day-in and day-out it makes you feel pretty grateful for the way we live."

Fogarty's role sees him deal with issues such homelessness and kids who are in and out of detention.

"I didn't have the best of upbringings myself, to be honest, but I made a few changes in my life and suddenly I started going places," Fogarty said.

"I just want to try and give these kids a bit of direction and try and steer them down a different path to show them what they can do, even if people keep telling them they can't."

jamal-fogarty.jpg

Fogarty, who says his childhood often consisted of being dragged from one party to the next, found a crutch in rugby league and believes the things that helped him can also help other kids.

"It doesn't have to be rugby league, it can be a project they complete and gains them confidence and self-esteem," said Fogarty.

"If I can save one kid from taking the wrong path it will be worth it."

"Rugby league gave me stability in my life. It taught me the value of hard work and commitment.

"It made me challenge myself."

Maroons give love to Residents, Intrust Super Cup

Fogarty feels lucky in some ways to be wearing the No.7 for the Residents after missing several weeks of the season with a mystery ankle injury which was never properly diagnosed.

"I'm quite surprised to be here given the number of weeks I was sidelined," he said.

A lot of judges expected young Northern Pride halfback Jake Clifford - who has been in outstanding form this season - to get the nod for the No.7 but he was named as coach Jon Buchanan's 18th man.

Clifford, who has been hovering around the NRL fringe, suffered a serious shoulder injury during the 2016 season but came back with a bumper 2017 to be named the club's NYC Player of the Year last year.

Fogarty will be hoping for a better result than when he last played at ANZ Stadium, in 2016 for Burleigh in the National Championship final against Illawarra Cutters.

"I played down their once in the National grand final and we got toweled up by the Cutters," Fogarty recalled.

"I am hoping it is a different result this weekend."

Fogarty yesterday received his game day jersey in a special presentation by State of Origin stalwart Billy Slater.

Last edited:
Coach / Club have no balls. They won't drop Boyd even though he shouldn't be picked for a local under 8s team. He's complete garbage and not anywhere close Qcup level, let alone NRL.
I think that once it is mathematical that we cant make the 8, Boyd will be flicked from the side. Doubt that Seibold will do it now in case it has an adverse effect on the playing group. I would put money on him not being in the side next season.

I know the footage is from years ago. Only means he’s a more mature version of that player now.

View attachment 5886View attachment 5887
View attachment 5888

Creative Queensland Residents halfback Jamal Fogarty does more than just lead the Burleigh Bears around the park each week in Queensland's Intrust Super Cup competition.

The 24-year-old also leads troubled young kids with unpleasant backgrounds to a better place, giving them hope and direction that there is a better life ahead for them.

For Fogarty, who works at the Youth Justice and Child Safety Service, helping young people who have lost their way can be more rewarding than winning a game of rugby league.

"You think you might be having some crappy days until you work with some of these kids and you suddenly realise: every day is a good day for us," Fogarty told QRL Media as he prepared for Sunday's Residents clash with NSW, the prelude to State of Origin Game II.

"When you see the way they live day-in and day-out it makes you feel pretty grateful for the way we live."

Fogarty's role sees him deal with issues such homelessness and kids who are in and out of detention.

"I didn't have the best of upbringings myself, to be honest, but I made a few changes in my life and suddenly I started going places," Fogarty said.

"I just want to try and give these kids a bit of direction and try and steer them down a different path to show them what they can do, even if people keep telling them they can't."

jamal-fogarty.jpg

Fogarty, who says his childhood often consisted of being dragged from one party to the next, found a crutch in rugby league and believes the things that helped him can also help other kids.

"It doesn't have to be rugby league, it can be a project they complete and gains them confidence and self-esteem," said Fogarty.

"Rugby league gave me stability in my life. It taught me the value of hard work and commitment.

Fogarty feels lucky in some ways to be wearing the No.7 for the Residents after missing several weeks of the season with a mystery ankle injury which was never properly diagnosed.

"I'm quite surprised to be here given the number of weeks I was sidelined," he said.

A lot of judges expected young Northern Pride halfback Jake Clifford - who has been in outstanding form this season - to get the nod for the No.7 but he was named as coach Jon Buchanan's 18th man.

Clifford, who has been hovering around the NRL fringe, suffered a serious shoulder injury during the 2016 season but came back with a bumper 2017 to be named the club's NYC Player of the Year last year.

Fogarty will be hoping for a better result than when he last played at ANZ Stadium, in 2016 for Burleigh in the National Championship final against Illawarra Cutters.

"I played down their once in the National grand final and we got toweled up by the Cutters," Fogarty recalled.

Fogarty yesterday received his game day jersey in a special presentation by State of Origin stalwart Billy Slater.

They got beaten 36-20 in that game and O'Sullivan destroyed Qld, I wouldn't use that as a reason he's an NRL player.

Truth is his handful of NRL games for the Titans is probably just reward, he's a great ISC player but he's 25 and slower now. He has had two chances at Eels and Titans and didn't turn out- no one is taking him in their top 30 now.

Still no news on dearden . But just read on Nrl physio that it looks to be a reinjured ankle , nothing about a ACL. Only that the oppositions 7 has a suspected ACL.

Still no news on dearden . But just read on Nrl physio that it looks to be a reinjured ankle , nothing about a ACL. Only that the oppositions 7 has a suspected ACL.

It wasn’t his knee Dearden and Ralph were both down at 39 minutes. Dearden hobbled off with two trainers but he couldn’t put any weight on his ankle.

He wasn’t going too bad either, Wynnum wanted to test out Easts bigger Storm guys and Dearden was turning guys under back inside he wasn’t doing any kicking but Templeman is there to do that. He threw one good short ball which Tate should have caught.
[automerge]1564903064[/automerge]
Perese surely gets a run this week??, Coates was invisible out there against the Storm, think we could use some of his runs.

He let in a pretty crucial try too.
[automerge]1564903163[/automerge]
Far out.
[automerge]1564887036[/automerge]

What other options do we have @1910? Anybody from the ISC who is eligible to play for us at halfback? I don't really want to continue with the Boyd at 6 and Turps at 7 experiment.

It’s pretty bare.

Last edited:
"Tom Dearden off with right lower leg injury. Very limited video, contact comes from outside of lower leg so syndesmosis injury/medial ankle sprain & medial collapse of knee (MCL/ACL injury) of concern. Returned today after 8 weeks off due to syndesmosis surgery to right ankle"
Giphy 2

[automerge]1564903832[/automerge]
I like Macca more when his hands aren't anywhere near the football.
Well based upon our number 6s performance on friday, our halves touch it very little, so that is perfect.

Last edited:
It wasn’t his knee Dearden and Ralph were both down at 39 minutes. Dearden hobbled off with two trainers but he couldn’t put any weight on his ankle.

He wasn’t going too bad either, Wynnum wanted to test out Easts bigger Storm guys and Dearden was turning guys under back inside he wasn’t doing any kicking but Templeman is there to do that. He threw one good short ball which Tate should have caught.

It’s pretty bare.
Is it worthwhile giving Dargan a run if SOS is still out? Or both of them given that they have club combination from Norths?

It’s pretty bare.
I was there Yesterday and thought Templeman ran the show Tommy didnt really do anything , some of these Q cup boys must wonder what they have to do too get a go , I think we should have chased harry Grant and Sam Scarlett or Templeman , How Harry Grant is not playing Nrl is beyond me streets ahead of Turpin I know Scarlett is small and Templeman is a bit skinny but couldnt do any worse than what we have

SOS for SoS this week, into 7.
Macca into 6, turpin into 9. Boyd in for Coates. Herbie in for Isaako.
Staggs’ kicking license revoked.

Last edited:
Dearden doesn't think it's that bad. He's had scans and news will be released today. I've been burnt before listening to players who think they're doctors but he sounded confident it's not severe.
[automerge]1564954926[/automerge]
Is it worthwhile giving Dargan a run if SOS is still out? Or both of them given that they have club combination from Norths?

I don't think so.
[automerge]1564955025[/automerge]
I was there Yesterday and thought Templeman ran the show Tommy didnt really do anything , some of these Q cup boys must wonder what they have to do too get a go , I think we should have chased harry Grant and Sam Scarlett or Templeman , How Harry Grant is not playing Nrl is beyond me streets ahead of Turpin I know Scarlett is small and Templeman is a bit skinny but couldnt do any worse than what we have

Well Grant has a handy 9 in front of him and wants to stay at the Storm. He's been promoted now too so he's not leaving.

All those other players have had their shot at various clubs and have settled in ISC for years now. Templeman has come back well but he's been playing BRL this year.

Scarlett had his Broncos shot and has been great this year but it's gone now.

Last edited:

View attachment 5886View attachment 5887
View attachment 5888

jamal-fogarty.jpg

I seriously don't believe you watch these blokes play. He's no better than Luke Capwell or Cameron Cullen, and they couldn't cut it the in the NRL either.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.