POST GAME Round 21 - Cowboys vs Broncos

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
You know what? It was a shit game. A very scrappy game.

But **** it was good to score the winning try in the final minutes of the game after the amount of times they have done it to us.
My thoughts too.

As crappy a game as it was, they are the games we usually lose.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
I'd actually rather see mistakes made by refs without the help of the bunker. All adds to the drama of the game. Plus anything that would make greens head explode can't be a bad thing.
I don't know about that. If Green pops his noggin then the Cowboys might end up with a decent coach, the one consolation we have this year is watching them flub it even harder than us.

rnabokov

State of Origin Rep
Bangalow
Am I imagining it, however, anyone think that Segy is running the ball far less than he used to (and was thus a lot more dangerous because of it) and doing the old catch-pass plays a la Macca?

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
You know what? It was a shit game. A very scrappy game.

But **** it was good to score the winning try in the final minutes of the game after the amount of times they have done it to us.
Usually takes a special kind of player to pull it out of the hat

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Am I imagining it, however, anyone think that Segy is running the ball far less than he used to (and was thus a lot more dangerous because of it) and doing the old catch-pass plays a la Macca?
His running stats are pretty comparable to his past two seasons at the Sharks. The runs that he has made have been quality. He's a known running threat, so the markers are always going to be watching him. We have to create opportunities for him by having fast ptbs, offloads and attacking plays other than running the ball up the middle of the field. He's an opportunist and our attack has been too one-dimensional to create opportunities for him.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
You’re not imagining it, I’ll probably get howled down but he hasn’t been overly good for us. Might just be the way he’s being used.

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Maybe. I thought he had a pretty ordinary game against the Cowboys. Barely noticed him. Seibold isn't getting the best from him.
- Merged

You’re not imagining it, I’ll probably get howled down but he hasn’t been overly good for us. Might just be the way he’s being used.
I think the latter.
- Merged

Osmosis ?
Osmosis Definition: "Osmosis is passive transport, meaning it does not require energy to be applied."

Sounds like an apt description of both Macca's, and the Broncos current attack.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
He's played 287 minutes for us. That's the equivalent of just over three and a half games. He has 1 try, 2 try assists, 3 line breaks, 3 line break assists, 4 forced drop-outs, 8 offloads and a tackle efficiency of 91.8%. And that's with over 20% of his minutes coming against the Storm (incidentally his only loss in 8 games). He has been very good.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
He's played 287 minutes for us. That's the equivalent of just over three and a half games. He has 1 try, 2 try assists, 3 line breaks, 3 line break assists, 4 forced drop-outs, 8 offloads and a tackle efficiency of 91.8%. And that's with over 20% of his minutes coming against the Storm (incidentally his only loss in 8 games). He has been very good.
People can come up with statistics for anything. Forfty percent of people know that

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
Hello coach seibold. I knew you were on this forum somewhere. Now drop Boyd already, his stats stink.

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Can you please do this for Darius Boyd over his entire 2019 season? I need a good laugh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter