Round 21 Discussion

Yeah, the sarcasm was clear.
Can't believe the Rabbits stance on what was by far the worst shoulder charge this season.

It still didn't deserve 3 weeks, let alone 5. Shoulder charges are legal. If you're a bigger guy chances are head is going to make contact with a part of your arm/shoulder.

I think the hysteria over shoulder contact with the head is ridiculous. If they hate it so much, ban shoulder charges. Not this BS circus we get like with Te'o and Inglis.

Can't believe the Rabbits stance on what was by far the worst shoulder charge this season.

you mean best? cause boy oh boy was it a beauty.

personally i think it should have been let go. first contact was clearly made with inglis' forearm/bicep onto youngs shoulder, and then because of the sheer speed of the collision it caused Youngs head to whiplash into inglis' shoulder. much like i hate the way they will penalise a "high shot" when the defenders arm first hits the ball carriers elbow/forearm as the ball carrier braces for impact, and the arm then slides up to end around the neck, with generally no force whatsoever. its stupid, and shouldnt be penalised.

inglis' shot wasnt like teos or pritchards, first contact wasnt shoulder to face.

on this round, well i think you can put a fork in melbourne. at this rate theyll miss the 8.

also gee zillman is playing awesome the last 3 rounds or so.

Last edited:

I dunno about it being the "worst" of the season. Personally Teo's shot for mine was worse.....

It's a fair point that twiz was making. After all the hoopla the media and the Dragons fans made about Young being KO'd and watching him being stretched off.....neck brace intact

I was also surprised that Young was playing last night.

Perhaps Dean Young wasn't nearly as injured as he was making out after the Inglis hit? Watching Ben Creagh last night after being what I construed as him thinking he was hit late in one of those "standing still / third man" into the tackle kind of thing, he was laid out and rolling around winching in pain. Obviously there was nothing in it and the video replay agreed, so he stood back up and played the ball. Less than a minute later he was running it up as hard as Ben Creagh can, showing no signs of injury.

The Dragqueens are the games perennial sooks and will always take the easy option of staying down in an attempt to milk a penalty.

Well Idris is playing. They did put on extra staff.

I thought Idris went OK last night.

I thought Idris went OK last night.

Because instead of a free house, he has been promised his own fast food outlet if he plays well.
winking0071.gif

Idris after the game.
eating.gif
smiley-eatdrink020.gif

The Dragqueens are the games perennial sooks and will always take the easy option of staying down in an attempt to milk a penalty.

guess they still follow wayne bennetts teachings after all. (for those missing the reference, Wayne Bennett came out and publicly stated that he encourages his players to stay down to get penalties)

on melbourne again - first time melbourne have ever lost 5 in a row under craig bellamy. thats an incredible record. the way theyre going though, theyre gonna be breaking that record a few more times.

Last edited:
Do we have to stir up this debate again?!

No, we don't. It's been done to death.

Let's keep this thread on track.

Storm didn't look too bad last night, game would have been a lot tighter if wasn't for the two fluke intercepts by Morris. They were still a bit disjointed in attack but what do you expect after having Slater in his first game back and losing Widdop on the day? They've got the Panthers next week, that should get them on a winning track again.

Yep. Storm will beat panthers and then titans, and be back on track. They'll finish top 4 easily.

Who would like to see the 3pm Saturday game return. I would love to see it back, I have fond memories when I was younger playing on Saturday morning in Armidale and around the New England region of NSW, having a pie and a drink with dad and coming home to watch the footy at 3. It would truly be Super Saturday again all games would be live.

Who would like to see the 3pm Saturday game return. I would love to see it back, I have fond memories when I was younger playing on Saturday morning in Armidale and around the New England region of NSW, having a pie and a drink with dad and coming home to watch the footy at 3. It would truly be Super Saturday again all games would be live.

Anythings better than waiting untill 5 30.

I think 3.30, 5.30 then 7.30 will be what the broadcaster would be keen on??

In past years the Storm have generally had a really heavy block of conditioning around the Origin period. I'd say this is no different. I'm actually tempted to take the $7 about them for the comp. Great price. They have far better depth and strike power compared to last year.

I just don't think they're good at chasing points. When you give B. Morris not 1 but 2 length of the field tries well, it only becomes more demoralising.

They're playing a lot like the Broncos at the moment. Cronk has to do it all himself and the best he has is a cross-field kick.

Active Now

• Jason Simmons
  • jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • The Don
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • NSW stables
  • Old Mate
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.