Round 21 Discussion

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Pretty hard to believe that Souths won a premiership and were on top of the world just 2 years ago, how times have changed. Very entertaining stuff from the Raiders regardless of how hopeless Souths are.

@Morkel, what are you going to say if Ricky's boys make the finals or even grab a top 4 position? You've got to admit that Stuart has been doing a decent job at the Raiders.

I'm too petty to concede that. They play all-or-nothing football. They destroy the weak teams but the better teams easily expose them.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Would we have bought a premiership last year as Milford and Blair were recruited from other clubs even though Milford was a Broncos junior (I think)? One of our greatest ever players Lazo was recruited from the Raiders.

You gotta buy players to win premierships these days IMO, unless you get unbelievably lucky like the Storm did with Smith, Cronk and Slater.
Most of our players have made their debuts here though. Raiders have bought Rapana, Leilua, Austin, Sezer, Paulo, Hodgson, Whitehead, Soliola, Tapine, Baptiste and Clydsdale, who have been in their recent teams. I can't blame them for that though, especially considering that unlike the Roosters or something, most of these players have been unproven or nobodies at the time.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Tom Trbojevic is such a gun fullback.

Will be interesting to see if Manly can hold onto him in years to come with DCE taking up so much of the cap. He is gonna get some big offers.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That Dane Gagai assist brings back unwanted memories...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Surprise surprise, the Cowboys were complaining about the refs..

Who would have guessed it?

Apparently Cummins was disrespectful because he wouldn't let Scott question the decisions when they happened.. I was under the impression the NRL were trying to put a stop to that.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Surprise surprise, the Cowboys were complaining about the refs..

Who would have guessed it?

Apparently Cummins was disrespectful because he wouldn't let Scott question the decisions when they happened.. I was under the impression the NRL were trying to put a stop to that.

But if it wasn't for the refs, the Cows would never lose a game don't you know.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Corey Parker got marched 10 for questioning the ref's.......Tyson Frizell got suspended for touching one. The Ref's are super protected this year, the Cows should know that.

However I do think that Koroibete try was questionable, the ball looked on the touch line to me. And they did have some unfair calls go against them in the run of play, Melbourne do get away with a lot more. You would never see Smith marched 10 for questioning a ref.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Peats officially ruled out, Simpkins takes his place at 9.

Prior and Tagataese swap around, otherwise Sharks are per program.

I think it'll be tight, but the Sharks should be able to chalk up their sixteenth win on the trot.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Tipped the Sharks but would love to see the Tits get physical with them.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Too easy there for Holmes.

The slide defence from the Titans was almost non-existent there. Tyrone Roberts in particular needed to trust Taia and take Barba.

6-0 Sharks, and all of the Titans good work has been undone.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Sharks were lucky to escape their red-zone without conceding a penalty there.

I thought there was an obvious second effort from Maloney.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Great tackle from Tyrone Roberts.

Right under the rib cage, drove Bird and was able to force the error.

The Gold Coast need to seize the moment here.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
**** me the Sharks get away with murder in the ruck

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Douglas is having a bad night.

First to concede a late tackle penalty to set up the Holmes try and then losing the ball there.

Gal was over him like a sore rash, but he needs to be better than that.

Golden opportunity lost there for the Titans.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • whykickamoocow
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.