Round 21 Discussion

Twas a solid whack, he should be suspended. Do you think he should have went off for a HIA?

He didn't really stay down when it happened like he was out cold. Was on his haunches the whole time when the trainer came out. Might save them from the fine. Agree if it was a forward they would have went off for the free interchange. Eels are the kings of HIA around the 20th min. Usually Tim Mannah. Need to be something done about it.

He didn't really stay down when it happened like he was out cold. Was on his haunches the whole time when the trainer came out. Might save them from the fine. Agree if it was a forward they would have went off for the free interchange. Eels are the kings of HIA around the 20th min. Usually Tim Mannah. Need to be something done about it.
Yeah fair point, he didn't look dazed or knocked out but neither does any forward who goes off fora HIA lol. The rule is kind of a sham ATM. It's meant to be for player safety but for the absolute most part, it's a free interchange system rorted to get forward interchanges for free.

I don't know what the solution is aside from independent doctors at every game or in the bunker (same docs for consistency) making the call instead of team doctors.

It's amazing the difference crisp passing makes to a side. Melbournes passes are always quick and rarely off players chests. Teams like the Bulldogs could do well to just practice their passing. A skill a professional player should have but alot of them don't. Makes a huge difference in breaking down a defence

**** this team is going to be hard to beat. Going to take an all time performance in a semi or the grandy to knock them off

Every time I see Melbourne put on a big score line all I think to myself is "another orbit of the drain"

This win by melbourne is only going to streangthen the chorus of people saying that they've got the premiership in the bag. While I agree they're are deserved favourites and playing good football I think they're very beatable.

Two big things in my opinion you need to do, firstly discipline. You just can't afford to give them cheap easy field position cause they will make you pay. Secondly I think fast line speed is important against them, every single pass hits it's mark and every single player is always where they need to be. I think the best way to combat that is to get up early and try and disrupt their stricture. They are just so used to everything going to plan that if you can do this it really throws them off their game.

This win by melbourne is only going to streangthen the chorus of people saying that they've got the premiership in the bag. While I agree they're are deserved favourites and playing good football I think they're very beatable.

Two big things in my opinion you need to do, firstly discipline. You just can't afford to give them cheap easy field position cause they will make you pay. Secondly I think fast line speed is important against them, every single pass hits it's mark and every single player is always where they need to be. I think the best way to combat that is to get up early and try and disrupt their stricture. They are just so used to everything going to plan that if you can do this it really throws them off their game.
The Sharks know exactly how to get under their skin and piss them off. If anyone can beat them, I'm tipping the Sharks.

Melbourne are beatable, but its very unlikely IMO. Best chance would be the Roosters, I think. At their best, they are almost as good as Melbourne, but they arent often at their best. Melbourne just have too many things going for them though. Slater is fresh and firing, Munster picked up valuable experience in Origin, Cronk will want to go out on a win, Smith is god...they dismantled NSW, they should do the same in the grand final. If Cows had Thurston, it would have been interesting though.

The big thing with Melbourne is you get the exact same performance in round 1 as you get in the origin rounds and the same as you get in the grand final. They start at their best and play that way all year round. The other clubs piss ass around and put in shockers here and there but come finals time they start to play their best.

Again while I agree they are deserved favourites I think come finals time when the other teams go up a level Melbourne don't have another level to go to as they've been at their best since round 1.

I feel like every year for the past decade Melbourne has ultimately been the team to beat and if not they've been close too it but how many grand finals have they actually won? Just the one! In all these years of dominance they've only won the one premiership. Because there Dominance is limited to the regular season where other teams just can't much them. Come finals time it's a different story.

Just my opinion anyway.

How the **** do they award this try to Tedesco... it's honestly a rort.

Tits doing themselves no favours mind you. Lost count of the amount of lost ball, crucial missed tackles and stupid errors.

Hayne's gotta be the worst player in the comp right now in terms of value for $$. He plays like a $300k a year player most weeks, sometimes worse.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • mieko
  • PETERN
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BruiserMk1
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.