/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Terrible performance by Brisbane.

We are mentally soft. We have the talent and ability but we're just not willing to get into the grind and wrestle that is needed to be successful in the NRL these days.

Our inability to defend mistakes or handle setbacks well reminds me of the worst of the Griffin days...

Jonas Pearson - I have a bit of time for him. We needed him to step up in some big games for us late last year and he did a great job. That being said, his performance the other night was the worst by a Broncos back in 10 years.

We just don't seem to have the hunger. Too many guys have too much baggage I reckon. Bennett talks about it in one of his books about responding to a Grand Final result. Guys who win can't get it out of their system and never go back. Guys who lose are scarred and never threaten again.

It's a shame it's happened to this team.
Interesting point. I just wonder why Bennett is so keen to retain all these a broken players then. Hmm...

Just watching the Eels first try and more specifically the play the ball. That is why I have gone off NRL, that try changed the game and a big reason it happened was because of the bullshit pommie style flick back that took our markers out of play and ensured a retreating defensive line.

The NRL can keep their "product" I want rugby league back.

I want rugby league back.

As do we all, unfortunately it isn't likely to happen. The one and only positive of the media at present though is that they are starting to mention this 'managing' idiocy more and more, and when the media start to say stuff, the NRL sometimes starts to listen.

Interesting point. I just wonder why Bennett is so keen to retain all these a broken players then. Hmm...
Because going down by one point in overtime is just that. Barely a loss. The only one who was truelly ruined was Hunt and he is leaving in part due to this. My thoughts are on this season is that it's our defense thats the issue. We have points in us but we are not dominating in defense like we did in 15. This team has it in them but their just nit there yet. It just takes one spark to start a inferno so we have time.

My thoughts are on this season is that it's our defense thats the issue. We have points in us but we are not dominating in defense like we did in 15. This team has it in them but their just nit there yet.

Whilst the points conceded stats from 2015 don't seem to be too much different from this year it certainly feels like we have been a lot weaker on our line and let in some soft tries.

Michael "Donkey Punch" Jennings complaining about low acts. Now I've heard it all.
We're the grubbiest team in the NRL and McGuire is the grubbiest player to ever play the game according to social media.

Eels fans and Jennings complaining that McGuire is a grub for "Intentionally" stomping on Mannah late in the match.

from my likely biased position, seams more like he stepped on Mannahs ankle while getting back into position after making a tackle, no real stomping action

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/00875c5dde4051f5e8f025eeb3c5fa25
Doesn't look good to me. He does look down, and still steps on him. On the other hand, he definitely doesn't stomp on it, and hits more shoe than skin. Not sure what to think...

Doesn't look good to me. He does look down, and still steps on him. On the other hand, he definitely doesn't stomp on it, and hits more shoe than skin. Not sure what to think...

Maybe ... but the Eels fans or players are in no position to complain about grubby play after what Edwards it

He didn't see him. Worked for Edwards lol

It was intentional, but hardly anything in it.

Eels fans are blowing up about the wrong person.

Unread

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.