POST GAME Round 21 - Eels vs Broncos

Because we verse them again in a couple weeks and the broncos need to be the antagonists

AARRRGGHHHH!!!!

No we don't!!!

We don't verse them

We ain't writing poetry or songs about them!

2 teams play against each other, they don't verse each other

This language I've noticed is becoming incredibly popular recently :glasscageofemotion:

AARRRGGHHHH!!!!

No we don't!!!

We don't verse them

We ain't writing poetry or songs about them!

2 teams play against each other, they don't verse each other

This language I've noticed is becoming incredibly popular recently :glasscageofemotion:
I kinda understand, since our win will hopefully be a work of art... :wink:

Broncos v Parra. What does the v stand for then?

I's not a "v", it's a > symbol turned 90 degrees. It indicates that the team with the most points comes out on top.

The "V" stands for "versus" and is a Latin word meaning "against"

"Verse" is an entirely different word, and relates to some creative writing, such as poetry or music

Rather than saying "we verse them next week" it is more correct (though not actually correct - but at least less wrong) to say "we versus them next week" because that at least loosely translates to "we against them next week"

"we verse them next week" loosely translates to "we going to write a song about them" :wink:

The "V" stands for "versus" and is a Latin word meaning "against"

"Verse" is an entirely different word, and relates to some creative writing, such as poetry or music

Rather than saying "we verse them next week" it is more correct (though not actually correct - but at least less wrong) to say "we versus them next week" because that at least loosely translates to "we against them next week"

"we verse them next week" loosely translates to "we going to write a song about them" :wink:

This is a rugby league forum, language isn't really the priority.

Fun fact - the 'v' in a court case e.g. Crown v Bloggs, means 'and' not 'versus' (or at least in speech). So maybe it's Brisbane and Parramatta.

STAHP!

giphy.gif

@john1420 a man after my own heart. :dontbreakmy:

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
  • Redfern_1980
  • marw
  • Jedhead
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.