[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
This sport is a joke. This is in their own rules:

"In the case of foul play, it can only be challenged by a team which has been penalised. All other incidents of foul play are separately reviewed by the Bunker."

But the NRL being the NRL will just say that the high shot was viewed separately from the challenge which the bunker is entitled to do, ignoring the fact that Tedesco specifically challenged the high shot and the ref saying that the challenge was for a high shot on Sitili.

No one is held accountable unless it's Robbo going off about his poor team being poorly treated by the refs. The thing is, how can you expect referees who week in and week out can't even get the bloody rules right, to also be officiating this game without bias?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Has the nrl or referee committee given an explanation yet or is it just swept under?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
They weren`t challenging the high shot ...

FFS some of you guys need to go to specs savers .
Yes they were, Tedesco literally said he wanted to challenge the high shot and then the ref said to the bunker they are challenging the high shot.

Seriously mate, if you are going to call someone out have some respect for yourself and everyone else and take a minute to check you are correct.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
On a side note, Gamble unearthed an interesting loop hole if I understand it correctly. Ref calls six again inside roosters 10m line, Gamble rolls a grubber into the in goal, Cobbo plants it over the dead ball line, penalty to the broncos. I guess because no advantage?

Does this mean if a team gets a 6 again inside the opps 10m that you get a free shot at an attacking grubber and if you botch it, you get a penalty - we took the tap in that instance but it would also be a good way to bring back taking the 2.
I would not trust the referee to make that decision everyday of the week. As we have seen numerous times, consistency is not their jam.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Have to admire Kevvy for being the grownup in the room over refereeing decisions that didn't go our way. Lot of fans could learn from this humility:

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yep aside from the farce to end the game, there was a lot to like from our boys and it is kind of sad it isn’t getting talked about as much as it probably should due to the rightly discussed refereeing stupidity.

I really like where the side is heading.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Have to admire Kevvy for being the grownup in the room over refereeing decisions that didn't go our way. Lot of fans could learn from this humility:

A lot of coaches could too - this bloke cries the blues and makes all kinds of cynical remarks about referees every other week.. just imagine the performance he would’ve put on after last night
4900C885 0360 43C7 AFE7 F3E433C6CC08

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Copley scored in a massive space Oates left vacant being out of position. Oates dropped one cold too. Oates was ordinary.
Without him we end every set on our own 40 though. Coates didn't want to get involved so Oates had to do all of the hard work out of our half and he did bloody well. The errors happened but he did more good than bad.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Why pay 10k for something that won't change the result. It's on the players for the loss no matter how bad the refereeing. Too many dumb errors. Our attack was terrible. One out rucks and a bomb all night.
Because it's being honest and I'm tired of the Broncos being the nice guys. Robinson complains every other week and I have no doubt that puts pressure on the refs to hand them penalties the next week.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
As much as I get this sentiment many have shared I think Kev is doing the right thing at the moment by not addressing it. His team is still improving and you want to avoid anything that shifts the responsibility away from himself and the players. They need to own the fact they’re 2nd last and work their way out of it. Then they can start addressing the reffing

We should have been a bit higher in the ladder, but due to shit ref decisions we aren't.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I love how he has turned the team around to the level that he has, I am sure fans of other clubs were giggling when they seen his appointment as coach "Kevvie? that guy is a buffoon, he won't get them going well".. well not only has he turned it around but he's done it with a playing roster that is under the cap by a long way

Nothing but good times ahead

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Why should we be excited for next year? We have been the better team numerous times this year and because of phantom six agains and shit ref decisions the opposition have been kept in the game. Why do we think that's going to change in 2022?

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Why should we be excited for next year? We have been the better team numerous times this year and because of phantom six agains and shit ref decisions the opposition have been kept in the game. Why do we think that's going to change in 2022?
Because we'll be further in front so these shit decisions won't impact us as much

Unread

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • ell.d33
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.