[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

So to clear a few things up.

It was an incorrect play the ball that stopped the play.
The challenge was for a head high on Sitili Tupouniua
Klein deemed that the play was still live because Butcher never played the ball.

If the play was still live, why did he blow his whistle to stop it?

Why did he signal and say knock-on Roosters? They could challenge that, but they didn’t.

They challenged the play before that and were allowed to…

It'll be interesting to see if the Nrl has the integrity to actually comment on that disgraceful refereeing decision and actually admit they stuffed up.

It would be a miracle just for them to apologise and punish those referees but even if they did do exactly that it wouldn't be true justice.

True justice would be the W next our teams name that we rightfully earnt. Yet we all know that can't happen.

It baffles me that trained professionals can't get the decisions right yet your average idiot at the pub knows that was the wrong decision.

Jesus Christ, the referees are needing HIAs even more than the players are. Is part of the hiring policy that all referees must have some sort of brain damage or at the very least have been dropped on their head as a child?

They probably will like they have done so many other times but it does nothing for the fans who pay money to sit in the stands and watch the game and have to go home feeling dejected or the club itself who doesn't get the 2 competition points

You'd cut a lot of the bullshit and negativity out of the game if you just reintroduced some common sense. It's possible to both ensure player safety and produce a fucking watchable product.

Lot to like out of tonight, not least of which is the fact that we basically beat ourselves. We're making errors in the worst places at the worst times, but I think we are also gradually reeling those back. We cut those down to none or next to none and we handily beat a few good teams this year. And the troops we have coming in next year will provide the leadership and direction that makes the difference in winning or losing games like that.

There are a lot of good young players in this team that I can't wait to watch play with confidence off the back of string of wins. I won't say it will have been worth the wait or the trauma of 2019-2021, but it's going to be such a lovely sight when it comes.

What does Kennedy actually offer? seriously..

He's a big body and I get that but he makes that many errors, hitting guys in the face.. dropping the ball, etc

Kevvie's developed a few others just like him except they don't seem to make the same errors over and over

- Only a captain or nominated co-captain can challenge a decision. Should the captain or co-captain be off the field, another player can be nominated to take his place.
- Each team is allowed one unsuccessful challenge per game.
- The only decision that can be challenged are ones which involve a structured restart of play (e.g penalty, scrum, drop-out, etc.)
- Challenges will not be permitted where the referee allows play to proceed

under the rules are they even allowed to challenge a call of a head high not being given?

So to clear a few things up.

It was an incorrect play the ball that stopped the play.
The challenge was for a head high on Sitili Tupouniua
Klein deemed that the play was still live because Butcher never played the ball.

If the play was still live, why did he blow his whistle to stop it?
That's poor wording on my part, I meant Klein considered it a part of play 2 and since the play the ball wasn't correct play 3 had never started.

My expectation is that the NRL will explain that they technically challenged the wrong call, but had they challenged the knock on then the video referee would have detected the high shot and retroactively ruled on it.

This is why I hated the rule in the NYC.

I agree with the mentality that the game sucks at the moment and it definitely does. Momentum is too important. 6 agains and ref calls for unlucky accidental high shots they did no harm etc is bullshit. Players milking everything now because they know if they got touched high they get a penalty. But broncos made a few very bad errors. Both wingers made costly knock ons which lead to points against us snd Kennedy was awful. Giving them the line break where Teddy almost scored and the knock on at the death.
Absolutely! We are still working on that. However, the deciding factor for the game was sickening.

pp1pp
- Only a captain or nominated co-captain can challenge a decision. Should the captain or co-captain be off the field, another player can be nominated to take his place.
- The only decision that can be challenged are ones which involve a structured restart of play (e.g penalty, scrum, drop-out, etc.)

under the rules are they even allowed to challenge a call of a head high not being given?
not by that definition. the challenge should havebeen on the knock on

That's poor wording on my part, I meant Klein considered it a part of play 2 and since the play the ball wasn't correct play 3 had never started.
This is a silly way to view the ruck, IMO.

They can do a foul play review, but not once the play has moved on.

So the BS they are trying to come up with was that it was still the same play because the ball wasn’t played, it was knocked on “before” the play the ball…

ie: whatever interpretation needs to be made to allow the Roosters to get the penalty, they need to win the game is perfectly fine.

Just make up whatever they rule they need to, to ensure they get the result they want…

I’m sure the NRL will wonder why I’ve cancelled Kayo, stopped going to games and flat our refuse to watch Nein…

I’m done with the game boys. EPL starts tomorrow night and it’s back to V8’s and Formula 1.

Good job V’Landys. You’ve extinguished my last remaining interest in your “product”.

Either there is a conspiracy, or, as others have put it, the incompetence shown by the NRL refs and officials just seems to magically fall against us 90%+

Your honour, I have motive, opportunity and means and can prove what my defendent is alleging. If you want to argue over penalty count you've missed the entire fucking point.
Blaming the ref is shitty enough, but concocting a competition wide conspiracy is the very pits of being a poor loser. Have some dignity, man.

There is a lot to be happy about in the back end of the year in regards to improvement and change in mentality. The guys we have here seem to want to be here and fight for the jersey. I hate that we lost to a call like that, the Captains call should be about challenging the call that the ref has made not trying a hailmary on things that have passed. I was also unhappy with the suss call of advantage when Cobbo ran 10 meters and the play broke down, they never call that. But the biggest error was Kennedy dropping that ball, that is just unacceptable.

Looking forward to next year there is really a lot to be positive about despite W-L ratio.

My expectation is that the NRL will explain that they technically challenged the wrong call, but had they challenged the knock on then the video referee would have detected the high shot and retroactively ruled on it.

This is why I hated the rule in the NYC.

I hate that it was used as a hail mary play, once it was found that contact was made with the head (even though it wouldn't be enough to knock the water off of a duck's back) they were always going to make that call on the technicality of it

They had no choice to make that decision but I guarantee you every ref in the NRL wouldn't make that call in the run of play given how accidental and ever harmless it was to the bloke carrying the ball, his hand actually makes contact with the footy ffs

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • cento
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skathen
  • kman
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.