vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a starter, he's an impact prop. Jensen doesn't provide what we need off the bench, Flegler does.
What do you mean an impact prop? Every prop that's on the bench is an impact prop

Isn't that why Kennedy is on the bench, to do the impact role?
I wouldn't have thought so. I really don't think anyone would see RK as an impact player! He's paid to cart the ball up, he's not really paid like a big name often time bench forward like Flegler.

I always thought your bench props are supposed to do the exact same job as your starters. Just make metres, win the forward contest physically, tackle hard and make space for your playmakers.

In my mind you just have two props for the hard yakka and you get your impact from the remaining two benchies.

If I were coach though I'd certainly use RK way differently getting him into the game in the first half and encouraging him to be creative. We'd both already know I'd expect the basics to be done well and likewise that greater risk brings greater error rates.

That said it also creates chances. All about balance.

Ezra is a North Queenslander...uh oh.

So Ponga not named anywhere, which means his injury is beyond "return for the Broncos game" status.... I daresay you can officially rule him out for the year right now

So Ponga not named anywhere, which means his injury is beyond "return for the Broncos game" status.... I daresay you can officially rule him out for the year right now
Someone should check his pulse

Yea that was announced a while ago that he's done for the season.

I wouldn't have thought so. I really don't think anyone would see RK as an impact player! He's paid to cart the ball up, he's not really paid like a big name often time bench forward like Flegler.

I always thought your bench props are supposed to do the exact same job as your starters. Just make metres, win the forward contest physically, tackle hard and make space for your playmakers.

In my mind you just have two props for the hard yakka and you get your impact from the remaining two benchies.

If I were coach though I'd certainly use RK way differently getting him into the game in the first half and encouraging him to be creative. We'd both already know I'd expect the basics to be done well and likewise that greater risk brings greater error rates.

That said it also creates chances. All about balance.
And here I was thinking this response was going to take the juicy bait laid out by @Sproj. Kudos for subverting expectations.

Yea that was announced a while ago that he's done for the season.
Dont think it's been officially announced that hes done for the year, just speculation.

Was half expecting him to rock up for this game and then call it for the year

Thank god, a sensible team again (with the exception of Turpin but what can you do)

Exactly. Paix cover hooker or halves and gamble will cover Kobe as ball playing lock. Having palasia there will give us no attack. He will play basically like a prop. Stupid call
In that situation I’d rather Gamble be cover to the halves though.

Exactly. Paix cover hooker or halves and gamble will cover Kobe as ball playing lock. Having palasia there will give us no attack. He will play basically like a prop. Stupid call

It's the smart call to have a rolling prop rotation with a single utility on the bench, which is essentially what Walters becomes when Turpin comes into the game.

Flegler is starting to get the team off to a good start, it didn't work last week but that due to no fault of Flegler's, he was our best forward all night. He deserves to start.

It's the smart call to have a rolling prop rotation with a single utility on the bench, which is essentially what Walters becomes when Turpin comes into the game.

Flegler is starting to get the team off to a good start, it didn't work last week but that due to no fault of Flegler's, he was our best forward all night. He deserves to start.
good luck convincing all the super coaches on this forum, bet most didn't even make their school team 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • achievedrap
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.