Capewell
Riki
Hetherington

Flegler
Paix
Palasia
Willison/Piakura

Get it done and get back on track, Broncs 30-8

So, what is the impact of the Knights winning in a tight one yesterday for us? Good or bad?

I have no idea but it was a bludger of a game to watch

The ABC commentary team was in the next booth to the Knights coaching box. Between the ABC boys lamenting the Under 10's handling by both sides, and the abuse the furniture was copping next door, it was the most enjoyable hour of comedy I've listened to in recent times. Some genuine LOL moments.

3, Staggs ( only because no other better options, but he needs to prove himself now, otherwise next season he probably not even a starter)
Really don't understand how you've come up with that this has been his best season to date in terms of overall ability. Has humiliated the likes of Talakai, Tago, Suli, Momirovski, Best and arguably bested Olam against the storm. (besides momo all very physically imposing strike centres)

Is in the top 10 for tackle breaks in the nrl, top 4 in the NRL for linebreaks amongst his position and has been one of the best defensive centres by far this year I think his try saver count would be close to 10 or more which is ludicrous in itself.

Only thing that he's not doing is scoring a try every game like he was when our entire gameplan was get him the ball. (2019-2020) Our whole attack this year we've created maybe 3 overlaps for tries, he's not a Stephen Crichton or Tago where about 3/4 of his tries are from being put through holes or getting good ball on overlaps because we don't attack like that.

Come finals time when there's more fatigue and less structured play In the game I'm sure we're going to see us use our strike weapons like him and Cobbo more often then we have been the last few weeks.

Really don't understand how you've come up with that this has been his best season to date in terms of overall ability. Has humiliated the likes of Talakai, Tago, Suli, Momirovski, Best and arguably bested Olam against the storm. (besides momo all very physically imposing strike centres)

Is in the top 10 for tackle breaks in the nrl, top 4 in the NRL for linebreaks amongst his position and has been one of the best defensive centres by far this year I think his try saver count would be close to 10 or more which is ludicrous in itself.

Only thing that he's not doing is scoring a try every game like he was when our entire gameplan was get him the ball. (2019-2020) Our whole attack this year we've created maybe 3 overlaps for tries, he's not a Stephen Crichton or Tago where about 3/4 of his tries are from being put through holes or getting good ball on overlaps because we don't attack like that.

Come finals time when there's more fatigue and less structured play In the game I'm sure we're going to see us use our strike weapons like him and Cobbo more often then we have been the last few weeks.

Although I believe he’s no chance of being dropped he isn’t going that well either. To be fair to him it’s his first full season in some time which must be taking a toll plus new combos in attack and defence.

He’s a confidence player, the better we are the more brilliant he is.

I don't see it... he made a fuss over being paid like a top outside back and I don't think he's backed it up with his play.

Most games he's a total non-factor, failing to involve himself in the game at all and failing to create many opportunities even when he does get the ball. He seems to run directly into contact, trying to shed the defender and move up in the line, but teams have identified this now and although he often does manage to 'break a tackle' and avoid first contact, it puts him on the back foot and slows him down enough to make him an easy target for other nearby defenders.

He's managed to eradicate alot of the needless stupid errors that haunted him earlier in the season thankfully, but his defence is still often very poor - He still overcommits and rushes in far too often.

None of these are the qualities of a top-line outside back and he has been completely outshone by Herbie this year.

He has absolutely been disappointing this year and needs to improve greatly to justify his salary.

Agree. Most of what staggs can do with the ball depends on when and where he receives it. TMMs ballplaying will be the key to unlocking staggs damaging runs

I will be shocked if tmm doesnt replace niu this week barring injury.
if gamble is fit and firing I suspect him to be named as well.
And I think brenko makes it back to replace mariner.

I think kev will learn from these last few weeks with his selections.

Also would not be surprised if capewell has his best game this season seeing how hes being bashed a bit in the media. he seems like a proud bloke I think hearing those things will fire him up a bit.
All make total sense…but sometimes that is in short supply

I don't see it... he made a fuss over being paid like a top outside back and I don't think he's backed it up with his play.

Most games he's a total non-factor, failing to involve himself in the game at all and failing to create many opportunities even when he does get the ball. He seems to run directly into contact, trying to shed the defender and move up in the line, but teams have identified this now and although he often does manage to 'break a tackle' and avoid first contact, it puts him on the back foot and slows him down enough to make him an easy target for other nearby defenders.

He's managed to eradicate alot of the needless stupid errors that haunted him earlier in the season thankfully, but his defence is still often very poor - He still overcommits and rushes in far too often.

None of these are the qualities of a top-line outside back and he has been completely outshone by Herbie this year.

He has absolutely been disappointing this year and needs to improve greatly to justify his salary.
He made Origin on form and got dropped mainly due to trigger happy fittler, he hasn't been there in all games but 600k is what your going to be paying for a centre who is at rep level.

I have also noticed in the last few games he is doing more tough carries which he wasn't doing before, this will add to his game when we play well.

Agree. Most of what staggs can do with the ball depends on when and where he receives it. TMMs ballplaying will be the key to unlocking staggs damaging runs
The other teams have now worked out how to get numbers in him early so maybe a different structure for him in attack in the opposition half.

I disagree, I think defensively he'd be in the most improved players in the comp. there was some stat released in the middle of Origin stating he had made the most 1 on 1 tackles in the comp and by a large margin. Adding that to his try savers this year and his ability to shutdown his opposing centres he's been terrific in that department. Only deficit is rushing out of the line but that's often due to the inside man taking the lead runner instead of sliding.

In attack we still haven't figured out how to use him efficiently, if we had shapes where he gets the ball on overlaps he scores in most of those scenarios. If you look at all of his linebreaks this year they were self made, from brute tackle busting ability or sheer speed. Imagine what that would look like if he was given quality ball not just a hey lets see what you can do against 4 people every time type of situation yet he still has 8 try contributions and 10 linebreaks.

I will grant some games this year he's been a ghost but its been far far better then the last 2 seasons.
Only thing that needs vast improvement in his game is that consistent involvement in our half, it has picked up a lot the last few weeks but it has been missing most of his career.

Yeah if you look at his first 2 years of NRL most of his ball was off actual shapes and he essentially was a finisher against the last 1 or 2 defenders with some freak tries in the mix.

now we're basically asking him to do freakish shit all the time instead of putting him in try scoring positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • FACTHUNT
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.