vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if you look at his first 2 years of NRL most of his ball was off actual shapes and he essentially was a finisher against the last 1 or 2 defenders with some freak tries in the mix.

now we're basically asking him to do freakish shit all the time instead of putting him in try scoring positions.
It’s starting to remind me of Fifita at the titans, here’s the ball go do stuff like in under 10’s.

let's see how accurate Fox Sports are with their team tips:

Team Tips: Broncos coach Kevin Walters is set to swing the axe after they were upstaged by the Roosters. “Tesi Niu I don’t believe will be there. They’ve got Te Maire Martin back in at fullback and I actually think the Deine Mariner experiment is over for this year,” Ben Dobbin said.“He’s an out-and-out star but I think Brenko Lee will come back in and shore up the defensive centres. I also believe Billy Walters will come back and start. I’m getting a bit of mail that is where they are heading.”

No Please!!! Say it aint so...
Lol well its looking good so far...

Team Tips: Broncos coach Kevin Walters is set to swing the axe after they were upstaged by the Roosters. “Tesi Niu I don’t believe will be there. They’ve got Te Maire Martin back in at fullback and I actually think the Deine Mariner experiment is over for this year,” Ben Dobbin said.“He’s an out-and-out star but I think Brenko Lee will come back in and shore up the defensive centres. I also believe Billy Walters will come back and start. I’m getting a bit of mail that is where they are heading.”

let's see how accurate Fox Sports are with their team tips:

Dobbo’s mail are bhq team lists

Jake Turpin started at hooker against the Roosters with Walters playing 48 minutes off the bench and he hinted that could become the norm in weeks to come.

“I suppose for me it’s (about) coming on and trying to be a bit of an impact (player),” Walters said.

“Turps started the game … (I) come on and look for the tired bodies and try and turn the game in our favour. That will be my role going forward I think but as long as Kevvie keeps picking me, I don’t really mind where I play.”

Interesting choice of words from Billy.

All signs point to the Turpin/Walters tag team continuing.

Billy Walters:

“Kevvie’s been pretty disappointed to be honest. We’re a lot better team than what we’re showing, especially the last two weeks and I think that’s what gets him the most. He knows what we can achieve and we’re just not showing that on the field at the moment. But we’ve shown throughout the year we can match it with the best."​
“Our focus this week is the start to the game. The last couple of weeks we haven’t started well and it’s hurt us. The Roosters were up 18-nil pretty quickly on the weekend. We’ve leaked a lot of points the last couple of weeks which we can’t be doing against the good team. If we can get those two things right I think we’ll go a long way.”​
“I suppose for me it’s about coming on and trying to be a bit of an impact player. Turps started the game … I come on and look for the tired bodies and try and turn the game in our favour. That will be my role going forward I think but as long as Kevvie keeps picking me, I don’t really mind where I play.”​

Ezra Mam:

“It means a lot to me having family history from both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. To put on the jersey for my family, myself, my teammates, friends and everyone.​

All signs point to the Turpin/Walters tag team continuing.

Billy Walters:

“Kevvie’s been pretty disappointed to be honest. We’re a lot better team than what we’re showing, especially the last two weeks and I think that’s what gets him the most. He knows what we can achieve and we’re just not showing that on the field at the moment. But we’ve shown throughout the year we can match it with the best."​
“Our focus this week is the start to the game. The last couple of weeks we haven’t started well and it’s hurt us. The Roosters were up 18-nil pretty quickly on the weekend. We’ve leaked a lot of points the last couple of weeks which we can’t be doing against the good team. If we can get those two things right I think we’ll go a long way.”​
“I suppose for me it’s about coming on and trying to be a bit of an impact player. Turps started the game … I come on and look for the tired bodies and try and turn the game in our favour. That will be my role going forward I think but as long as Kevvie keeps picking me, I don’t really mind where I play.”​

Ezra Mam:

“It means a lot to me having family history from both Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. To put on the jersey for my family, myself, my teammates, friends and everyone.​
To be fair I have no problem with Billy being on the bench. He is as good as paix at taking the line on, has a good dummy and step. He has also covered I'm the halves at pivotal times for us throughout the year. Paix has been a disappointment after being Injured and dare I say it. Turps probably deserves his spot on defence alone. God I hate watching turps in attack. Will be glad to see TMM and Lee back in the squad this week. I think TMM will unlock staggs this week and he will have a blinder

Broncos needs an analytics guy chirping away at Kevvie's ears...."look if player A comes on instead of player B we have 50% better chance of winning....if player N plays at FB expect to leak this many points etc."

Broncos needs an analytics guy chirping away at Kevvie's ears...."look if player A comes on instead of player B we have 50% better chance of winning....if player N plays at FB expect to leak this many points etc."
Kev doesn't strike me as an analytics guy.

That's exactly what happened under Seibold and look where it got us. Kev needs to do only one thing and that's be sensible with his decisions. The moment you let personality sneak into it, and suddenly TMM is a worse option than Niu just because he's signed elsewhere, he's barking up the wrong tree.

That's exactly what happened under Seibold and look where it got us. Kev needs to do only one thing and that's be sensible with his decisions. The moment you let personality sneak into it, and suddenly TMM is a worse option than Niu just because he's signed elsewhere, he's barking up the wrong tree.

Seibold was a horrible mess of a coach that was trying to carry the weight of an inept front office and a coach that was struggling to deal with personalities. It was a failure, but not all the blame is at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Cavalo
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
  • Evander
  • Big Del
  • davidp
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • thenry
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.