vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note with Gamble though he was in training and wasn't named in the reserves he isn't named in for the Devils either.

Niu not named for Souths Logan as well, but it only shows top 18 so maybe they are both on reserves.

as I understand it, the QLD cup isn't as strict as the NRL regarding the naming of team lists and the clubs quite often copy and paste from their last game.

maybe someone like @1910 or @Big Pete can confirm that

as I understand it, the QLD cup isn't as strict as the NRL regarding the naming of team lists and the clubs quite often copy and paste from their last game.

I guess that would make sense, Both should play especially Niu who hasn't got an injury.

What do you mean an impact prop? Every prop that's on the bench is an impact prop
Some do more than others.

Flegler has footwork for a big man, has a neat little off-load in his game and is relatively fast for a prop forward and plays with plenty of aggression.

When he comes on at the 20 minute mark or so (which he was when we were winning) we’d often look like we went up a gear and other teams would struggle to go with us.

He’d come on again late in the second half and do it again. It’s a big part of why Broncs were being called a ‘second half team’ where teams would fall away at the end of the game against us and we’d run away with it.

Starting we don’t get that from him, he has to do all the biff and barge work and we replace him at that 20 minute mark with a prop like Jensen who has done well this year and full credit to him, but doesn’t as far as we’ve seen have those attributes to his game. He is a good metre eater and from all signs a decent defender, but does he have a step or an off-load in his game as Flelger does that can exploit a tiring opposition? Is his game more suited to ‘handling’ that early barrage and let someone with more attack come on against a tiring team?

I think Flegler is starting because he has played well and needs to be rewarded and Kev needs to do it as a political move, but I don’t think it is necessarily the best thing for our team right now. He is being used to less than his potential, IMHO.

You have to have a team in Tuesday afternoon- but the nature of ISC is there could be changes with NRL players so those teams on Tuesday aren't much value.

I think Flegler is starting because he has played well and needs to be rewarded and Kev needs to do it as a political move, but I don’t think it is necessarily the best thing for our team right now. He is being used to less than his Rhys off the bench to inject some sex appeal.

Kevvie's looking to inject some sex appeal off the bench.

Index

Agreed, especially with Carrigan out you need someone with a bit of a spark out there.

I'd almost be tempted to have Haas come off the bench just to see how that might work. Tell him he'll be on after thirty minutes and his job is just to play flat out for the last fifty, no need to conserve anything.
I think you're spot on here and KW makes a couple of decisions with which I plainly disagree. I think Haas is frequently misused and in different games I'd be doing as you suggested.

Haas, Carrigan, Flegler and yes, my guy RK all can create chances but it needs to be after the forward battle is won. There's often a point where you know one side's forwards are running harder because they know it's become easier, the other side reverts to effective tackles instead of stinging driving defence, they only have the energy and desire to go 'through the motions'.

I'd be starting lesser lights like Jensen, Palasia, Kennedy etc at times and setting them the challenge. I'd want them to equal the attitude as a minimum, always the first goal, match the middle. Give them 15-20 , stagger who goes off first and then give Haas and Flegler a go at being creative and effective simultaneously.

I think it's critical to use 'task specific' benchies minutes properly. Blokes like Jensen, Palasia(bit more versatile)Kennedy must be used up completely, Max effort and enough minutes, not 9 mins, 13 etc shit like that is stupid.

Haas off the bench now and then, yes! Less minutes, yes. Greater explosiveness, **** yes.

I love Kevvie but I dearly hope TMM comes out, has a blinder and just completely humbles him.
Kevvie will feel justified, not humbled. He knows the value TMM brings to the team. Let's not forget TMM has had 1 game in reserve grade since returning from injury, then straight back into the side. It's not like he's been parked in reserve grade for 6 weeks.

I don’t know about that but that’s one cute dog! Looks like a Samoyed? I used to have a little girl who was part Samoyed I think, beautiful dogs.
If you like spending half your life collecting dog hair around the house....yeah, they're great!

good luck convincing all the super coaches on this forum, bet most didn't even make their school team 🙄
geez....
What's with this holier than thou attitude that you somehow have to have achieved at least rep level junior football to have an in-depth knowledge of the game? I have been an avid league follower for over 40 years and I like to think I have a pretty good understanding of the intricacies and theories of the game. I'm sure very few, if any posters in this and every other RL forum are, or have been rep level players, it doesnt mean they have no idea how the game works or are not able to make astute and understandable observations about the game we all love.
I'm not sure where this concept was born but I think it's utter rubbish.

Good value for people who like to hedge their bets and bet on the opponent.
Cheeky $10 on the knights.

Ezra Mam:

“Milf has been a good mentor for me. When he was back at Souths Logan, he helped me. I trained with him for a bit. He was actually the reason I got my Intrust Super Cup debut, he got called into the Broncos team at the last minute and that opened the door for me.”​
“Milford left for whatever reason he chose. That opened up a door for all of us players who play in the halves at the Broncos. I was lucky enough to get my chance against the Knights in round 11 and I took it with both hands. I am grateful for the opportunity and I can’t wait to go up against Milf this weekend.”​

Reynolds:

“Ezra has been outstanding. He caught my eye early in the pre-season. That’s what got me excited. There’s a number of other young kids coming through but I have enjoyed working with a young playmaker like Ezra and helping him out. I think Ezra, long-term, can transition into the halfback role. Hopefully that’s where I can help him at the back end of my career. I can pass down a bit of knowledge and try and teach him things I learnt along the way that might help him become a seven if he wants to be that.”​

Ben Ikin:
“It’s been a big first season for Ezra. He has done really well, he is clearly really talented and he has shown for a small playmaker, he is not afraid of putting his body in the way of the big guys. Your first season as a playmaker in the top grade is always hard because it’s not just about you, it’s about being part of a broader plan for the team and over the course of the season, he is learning off Adam Reynolds, learning how to play first grade."​
“He belongs because he is not rushed. Young playmakers who move quick and think quick can appear as though they are a bit flighty, but Ezra in life and football has a natural rhythm to everything he does.​
“He is quick across the ground but he stays calm. Quality playmakers play with time, everything slows down when they have the ball in hand, and Ezra has that ability to play with time.”​

Can anyone post the recent article from Badel about Turpin? He says his broncos career is over yet we have named him on the bench? Don't understand why not get Paix back instead who will be with us next year.

Can anyone post the recent article from Badel about Turpin? He says his broncos career is over yet we have named him on the bench? Don't understand why not get Paix back instead who will be with us next year.

it's being discussed in other threads ... but the gist of it is we're not offering him a new contract for next year and so far no other NRL clubs are interested

geez....
What's with this holier than thou attitude that you somehow have to have achieved at least rep level junior football to have an in-depth knowledge of the game? I have been an avid league follower for over 40 years and I like to think I have a pretty good understanding of the intricacies and theories of the game. I'm sure very few, if any posters in this and every other RL forum are, or have been rep level players, it doesnt mean they have no idea how the game works or are not able to make astute and understandable observations about the game we all love.
I'm not sure where this concept was born but I think it's utter rubbish.
good for you but what you lack is actual experience of how to coach a football team, which is what I'm getting at. if you can't grasp that concept then i have nothing more to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Justwin
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • Browny
  • Bongo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Skathen
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncsgoat
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.