POST GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

It’s quite noticeable that no one is screaming for Jensen to be sacked. As most weeks he puts in a solid effort that is based on honest toil. So what if he doesn’t score tries, he’s a prop on a low wage and he’s virtually mistake free most weeks. If only our high money earners could take a leaf out of his book.

It’s quite noticeable that no one is screaming for Jensen to be sacked. As most weeks he puts in a solid effort that is based on honest toil. So what if he doesn’t score tries, he’s a prop on a low wage and he’s virtually mistake free most weeks. If only our high money earners could take a leaf out of his book.
His starting position isn't safe with emerging young gun pressure from Willison, Te Kura and Semu. He's also competing with Kevvie imports Hunt, Baker and Taupau (if we keep him).

You are stretching the truth a bit there. People just want players who are going to turn up and do their jobs every week.
Even if your toilers put in an honest effort week to week , fans will get tired of losing none the less .
More than once on Saturday the model of an honest toiler (Oates ) was shown to be too slow to change the course of the game .

His starting position isn't safe with emerging young gun pressure from Willison, Te Kura and Semu. He's also competing with Kevvie imports Hunt, Baker and Taupau (if we keep him).
I'm happy to keep him even as depth which is what he was brought in for in the first place. He's reliable, is never in trouble with the refs and compliments the yards Haas and Pat gets us. If Kev had sorted his bench rotation out properly he might be able to play an extra 5 or ten minutes to allow these other two a break without our pack falling in a heap.

He'd also go a lot better if our second rowers were doing a job each week. Still hats off to Riki for signing up without haggling for more cash, but let's face it Piakura (who is on way too much cash for what he brings each week (when he is on the field) ) and Riki's workload combined hardly adds up to two fifths of **** all. i use the term "workload" very loosely here.

Even if your toilers put in an honest effort week to week , fans will get tired of losing none the less .
More than once on Saturday the model of an honest toiler (Oates ) was shown to be too slow to change the course of the game .
It's all about balance though isn't it? We need a half dozen honest toilers who are all effort to balance the rest of the team. At present the overpaid show ponies are not being utilised to their full extent. As someone else earlier pointed out a player like Haas playing for the storm would be racking up tries when close to the line and our go forward and momentum would be through the roof if our team was structured to attack in numbers and follow up waiting for his offload. At present Kev uses him as pure metre eater and nothing else. I can't for the life recall the last time Payne actually folded someone in a tackle.

Its like we could do no wrong when we signed him from the cowboys. We got like Capewell, Jensen, Reynolds or something that year right? Seriously good pickups

I was so hoping Baker was going to follow suit. He had all the characteristics of Jensen - Fringe first grader, 50 gamer and on the outer of a big club.

And Baker has shown some good touches but overall his focus has been shambolic unfortunately.

The key question really is why. We answer that, we go a long way to figuring out the disappointment of this year.
We were a completely different team last year. No comparison. Every team feared us. This year, we are a bunch of pansies. For mine, Kevvie was the wrong guy. We needed a hard headed hard arsed coach, not everyone's mate. I do wonder if Kevvie has the respect of the playing group. At the moment, I can't see this team taking any pride in being the Broncos. Bunch of pansies

He looked much leaner on Saturday when I could see him. He needs to trim down and turn into a backrower if he is any shot at being useful IMO

He has some ball skills , can offload , has a quick PTB and can put a shot on .
But,,, also gets run over , knocks the ball on and gives away penalties .

Like for like with Flegs a cpl of seasons back . LOL .

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • kwomo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.