POST GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

So far shots have been fired at Payne, Walsh and Reynolds as well... apparently sacking the entire team will fix it... only one safe so far is Patty

I think its more their salaries rather than them as players. I think the club as a whole needs to hold their hands up and say they have got things wrong.

@Dexter

I didn't hear no bell. 🥊

I take the point, but as I went over with Dex a week or so ago it wasn't that simple. In fact those opening two wins were huge surprises and you'd have to factor in the quality of the opposition and early season form.
It was more the comments that we apparently went into that season expecting to be bottom 4 and competing for the spoon... I'm not sure I would've been going into the 2020 season thinking that... 2021 is probably more along that line of thinking, but not so much 2020.

I think its more their salaries rather than them as players. I think the club as a whole needs to hold their hands up and say they have got things wrong.
Expected response:
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

What concerns the shit out of me is Kev seems to have no answer (which was the same point Seibold reached), it feels like he thinks that he can just keep going as is and one day things will just click............he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that maybe what they are doing isn't working............or maybe he is just clueless and has no idea what he is doing.
Seibold had more balls in the air than Kevvie in his final hour. Recollect this:

1. Those spicy rumours, which led to police, lawyers, private investigators and general threats
2. The media had their knives out
3. Covid
4 His daughter/wife situation
5. The old boys were against him
6. Kevvie was accusing him of stealing his ideas

Kevvie is copping **** all from the media.

If the Olympics weren’t on the broncos would be being crucified in the media. They are very very lucky
If you don't see a story in the CM tomorrow "fans demand Walters sacking" Kevvie is a protected species. Never bag the Murdoch press again for clickbaiting bad news about the Broncos.

It was more the comments that we apparently went into that season expecting to be bottom 4 and competing for the spoon... I'm not sure I would've been going into the 2020 season thinking that... 2021 is probably more along that line of thinking, but not so much 2020.
It was the off-season from hell. Fifita got locked up in Bali, Perese got his contract torn up, Bird, Lodge, Palasia, O'Sullivan, Glenn all suffered major injuries and the Broncos trial form was bad with the only win coming up against the Capras when they were at their worst. They couldn't even beat the Seagulls that year.

After their record loss, the Broncos made bugger all changes to the 17 when they took on the Cowboys. However the Cowboys were attrocious that night and allowed Brisbane to pull off a huge upset. Then COVID hit, the NRL tried to keep the lights on but the whole thing was called off after another upset against the Rabbits.

Maybe the opening two wins would have carried them over to the Titans game and they could have gone 3-0 and had more confidence. However depth was already a major issue and it wasn't shocking at all when they came up against the good teams like the Eels and Roosters that they got absolutely smashed.

It was the off-season from hell. Fifita got locked up in Bali, Perese got his contract torn up, Bird, Lodge, Palasia, O'Sullivan, Glenn all suffered major injuries and the Broncos trial form was bad with the only win coming up against the Capras when they were at their worst. They couldn't even beat the Seagulls that year.

After their record loss, the Broncos made bugger all changes to the 17 when they took on the Cowboys. However the Cowboys were attrocious that night and allowed Brisbane to pull off a huge upset. Then COVID hit, the NRL tried to keep the lights on but the whole thing was called off after another upset against the Rabbits.

Maybe the opening two wins would have carried them over to the Titans game and they could have gone 3-0 and had more confidence. However depth was already a major issue and it wasn't shocking at all when they came up against the good teams like the Eels and Roosters that they got absolutely smashed.

Darius: was my gender reveal a joke to you?

If more players showed his commitment, the Broncos wouldn't find themselves in this predicament. With that said, his defence leaves a lot to be desired and it's an indictment that he's virtually been in the starting side the entire season. The only exception was Las Vegas where he was a late change for Marty.

Last year Jensen was a quiet achiever .
This year he is vanilla . Does a lot of work , but is ineffective . Low PCM , slow PTB , no offloads . No impact in defence .

I don’t think Walsh has anywhere to go. Everybody can see that despite his talents he is becoming an issue at the club. He can’t leave SEQ unless he takes his ex partner and daughter with him. Just purchased a house in SEQ too. Our offer needs to be much less than the rumoured $6million 5 year deal.

All these cunz need to be on incentives .
Do good - get paid good . Play poorly - get paid appropriatley .

The OG Broncos had a win bonus and nothing for a loss . I like that system better than guaranteeing big money for years on end . Fail to meet the KPI ? Bye bye !

If you don't see a story in the CM tomorrow "fans demand Walters sacking" Kevvie is a protected species. Never bag the Murdoch press again for clickbaiting bad news about the Broncos.

Yeah, FOX have been very out of character and haven't muttered a single word about Kevvie being under pressure to keep his job.

Last year Jensen was a quiet achiever .
This year he is vanilla . Does a lot of work , but is ineffective . Low PCM , slow PTB , no offloads . No impact in defence .
Actually, all his metrics have gone up - or not significantly dropped - this year from last, some considerably.

The difference is last year he and Billy were (probably) the "weakest links" of our regular starters. Not that they were necessarily "weak" per se, but the rest of the starting team were stronger.

Then this season, Kevvie talked up Jensen as a leader citing his gym numbers, and sent Billy to Vegas. Thus elevating our perceived weakest links into leaders.

Jensen hasn't really slipped. He's still a journeyman.

Yeah, FOX have been very out of character and haven't muttered a single word about Kevvie being under pressure to keep his job.
Nothing in the Courier Mail today either.

The result of that poll is 100% news. It's not speculation or rumour. It's sourced.

Regardless of whether Kevvie SHOULD be sacked, whether he has lost the dressing room, he has lost the stands. The fans have turned on him in unison. And that happened yesterday afternoon.

Because it didn't happen in the build up to 2020.
The gender reveal didn't, but he'd had to sack Darius as captain because he had become a meme for not giving a ****. He also had to deal with Milford being in the same mindset.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.