POST GAME [Round 22, 2024] Broncos vs Titans

Why would the titans pay big bucks for walsh when kini towelled him up yesterday. Their forward pack dominated ours with ease so the only player they’d probably go for is mozer.
They won't. They might get Mozer - unless he meant what he said last week.

"The boys decided this year ain't our year.. We had every reason to try our best given the talent we have, what we did last year and the fact nearly all of us are getting paid more than we should.. but despite all this, we just decided to switch off and duck for cover behind ‘origin fatigue’ and our ‘injury crisis’ .. We’ll say all the right things like we’re disappointed and we believe in ourselves etc but really we … oh just a sec the boys have sent a DM about a tik tok video idea they’re frothing over so I better check in.. I’ll be back next year, maybe.. " - the Broncos squad of 24’
Fixed

I’d be very surprised if the players in the team think Billy Walters shouldn’t be in the team. I could be wrong but I don’t see that at all.
Good grief. Kevvie should never have put himself in the position in the first place. It was always a ridiculous gamble with the downside being either his family or his job. There's never been a question of whether he's a great dad. So here we are.

A lot of the issues the Broncos are facing are symptomatic of a young team. Last year they had a point to prove and the season could not have unfolded better than it did. However following the heart-break of the Grand Final and the loss of some key personnel, they haven't been able to find any rhythm and it's all just culminated in what we've seen these past couple of weeks.

So I do think there's an element of letting this ride out.

However you can't absolve the coaching staff entirely. The signs were evident during the pre-season that the team was complacent and it seems like the club tried their best to emulate what they did in 2023 instead of focusing on what they had to do to take the next step.

The past two weeks have been atrocious. Sometimes coaches just have to take their licks - look at Ciraldo - but Kev is coaching for his career and if he can't get a positive response he could easily find himself sacked.
Excellent rundown. I agree, my fear now is that Kev unlike Ciraldo doesn't seem to be building something or appear to have a plan that he is clearly working towards, that will see light at the end of the tunnel. The dogs have had a focused, recruitment and on field strategy that has shown small improvement over time. To where they are now.

It rather appears that Kev was willing to let the boys be the boys. Letting talent win the day. Last year it worked because we had momentum, minimum injuries and a more experienced team. Our recruitment was awful this year and our preparation appears to have been unacceptable. I can't see a turn around next year and am starting to feel last year was a fluke.

Except unlike QLD we didn’t try our best, we barely tried at all.
Just like the Seibold era, as soon as things get tough, the team immediately capitulates .
True plus Qld is a way better team. Broncos '24 is the most dogshit campaign we have ever run.

Excellent rundown. I agree, my fear now is that Kev unlike Ciraldo doesn't seem to be building something or appear to have a plan that he is clearly working towards, that will see light at the end of the tunnel. The dogs have had a focused, recruitment and on field strategy that has shown small improvement over time. To where they are now.

It rather appears that Kev was willing to let the boys be the boys. Letting talent win the day. Last year it worked because we had momentum, minimum injuries and a more experienced team. Our recruitment was awful this year and our preparation appears to have been unacceptable. I can't see a turn around next year and am starting to feel last year was a fluke.
Last year I thought the Bulldogs got dealt a bad hand and in trying to solve the issue Ciraldo made it worse. They were signing anybody they could, turning to 18 year old players and getting caught up in legal issues because they were trying to white ant players.

Sometimes you just need to get the players off the field and reset.

They've had more luck this year and a few results have gone their way and they've been able to ride that momentum. Considering how active they are with their recruitment, I still think they're far from a finished product and there's a few key positions that will need sorting before they really push for premiership glory.

Either way as good a job as Ciraldo has done, having Gus there is key and he just seems to know every in and out of the game.

Were you born in 2021?
TBF 2020 was hot on the heels of our flogging by the eels, expectations were not that high and I already had doubts about Seibold.
This year was not meant to go like this…
It’s probably our second worse season though.

Euuuggghhh......the next day has not made this loss or the season look any better.

This is as bad as it has ever been.

Thankfully, we have the Lions - I feel like this is de ja vu from 2021.

What concerns the shit out of me is Kev seems to have no answer (which was the same point Seibold reached), it feels like he thinks that he can just keep going as is and one day things will just click............he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that maybe what they are doing isn't working............or maybe he is just clueless and has no idea what he is doing.

We did??

We won the first two games of 2020... then it all capitulated after the rules changed
@Dexter

I didn't hear no bell. 🥊

I take the point, but as I went over with Dex a week or so ago it wasn't that simple. In fact those opening two wins were huge surprises and you'd have to factor in the quality of the opposition and early season form.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • Foordy
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Maroon4life
  • Manofoneway
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.