Round 22 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Feeling confident about this game. Dugan and Merrin are the only players in their team apart from the wingers (both I rate) which have me concerned. Just don't give Dugan any space and don't kick to him on the full and wrap up Merrin in the tackle and we've got this.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Thinking i'll head out to the game on Sunday, bloody 9 don't show the game live, it's a day game and it gets me out and about doing something I love doing.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I have my tickets. Maybe if us fans make a show of solidarity on weekend afternoon games, we may get more than one next year.

Channel-Nine-logo.png
12178627921834257132aj_buddy_laughing-svg-med.png

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
  1. Hoffman
  2. Oates
  3. Reed
  4. Hodges
  5. Maranta
  6. Prince
  7. Hunt
  8. Hannant
  9. McCullough
  10. McGuire
  11. Thaiday
  12. Gillett
  13. Parker
  14. P Wallace
  15. Stagg
  16. Lui
  17. Tasi
  18. Anderson
  19. J Wallace
  20. Slyney

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dodds injured which is a shame. He has been playing quite well this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Isn't due back until Round 24.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Bench is not looking very strong. 1 to 13 plus Stagg may have to play the entire match

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Bench is not looking very strong. 1 to 13 plus Stagg may have to play the entire match

Can't see Hannant playing the entire match. Gillett, Parker and McGuire possibly will though.

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
I watched the second half of the Bulldogs Vs. Dragons last night. The thing that I took notice of was how good the Bulldog big men are at running straight lines when close to try line. Quick little offloads to their big men and boom... over for the try. We miss Teo this year in he could run a hard straight line to score. This year it seems nobody can run 5 meters and get over the line.:sad:

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I watched the second half of the Bulldogs Vs. Dragons last night. The thing that I took notice of was how good the Bulldog big men are at running straight lines when close to try line. Quick little offloads to their big men and boom... over for the try. We miss Teo this year in he could run a hard straight line to score. This year it seems nobody can run 5 meters and get over the line.:sad:

maranta gets over the line. the sideline that is

Rowan Edwards

Rowan Edwards

BRL Player
Jul 15, 2013
What's up with the extended bench? Do we have some other injuries apart from Hannant we should be worried about?

I really don't understand why we continue to play Wallace in the 14. When it was Hunt I could sorta understand getting him game time but what is the point of Wallace? We have two young, talented hookers waiting in the wings and we're just waiting for another club to snatch them up.

Apart from that, I'm reasonably happy with the side. Hopefully J Wallace makes his way onto the bench before Sunday.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Bought my ticket this arvo can't wait for the game.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Well, I guess there's not that much skill in giving the ball to 138 kgs of lard to fall over the line.

We have 2 of the best hard running forwards in the game: Gillett and Glenn. Thing is they don't often get the ball with room to move.

I loved the comment some commentator made about Manly: "Bodies in motion, always runners wherever the ball is".

Amen. W​ish we could do that.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Glenn was at his best last season when he was used as an angle runner in the oppositions 20 metre area which is why he was our top try scorer last season, can't say I have seen the Broncos use him in that role all season which is a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.