Round 22 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the Kahu announcement was up on the Broncos official website before CM journo's broke the news, so I'd assume that it is official that he will play pending a late fitness test or whatever. That is unless the Broncos are playing the sneaky and feeding this news before unveiling Drew instead of Maranta.

Classic!
Well good news coming out of this morning is that Jordan Kahu could make an early return tomorrow! (yes)
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Corey Oates
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5/Jordan Kahu
6 Scott Prince
7 Ben Hunt
8 Ben Hannant
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Josh McGuire
11 Sam Thaiday (c)
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker
Interchange
14 Peter Wallace
15 David Stagg
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Lama Tasi
Coach Anthony Griffin
Source: Kahu In Line For Shock Comeback - Brisbane Broncos

That's pretty much the best team we could field at the moment, outside Copley and Yow Yeh.

If Maranta doesn't play we win, simple as that.

Wait, Wallace could still burn us again if we need a field goal.

Last edited:
That's pretty much the best team we could field at the moment, outside Copley and Yow Yeh.

14: Granville / Baptiste

Sorry Wal, you don't make my top team at the moment with those two running around in Q-Cup.

A 4th forward on the bench would be pointless. our forwards play big minutes. we already see people complaining about Hala or Tasi getting very few minutes.

if webcke can play with a broken arm then kahu can play with a broken hand. anything but maranta please

14: Granville / Baptiste

Sorry Wal, you don't make my top team at the moment with those two running around in Q-Cup.

Baptiste played Fogs last week in the second row. He's not playing NRL.

Even if Kahu doesn't play, surely it means he'll be fit next week? Great news.

if webcke can play with a broken arm then kahu can play with a broken hand. anything but maranta please

It's a bit different when defending though. Webcke could flop or use his belly to tackle. A winger has to use his arm if they get on either side of him.

A 4th forward on the bench would be pointless. our forwards play big minutes. we already see people complaining about Hala or Tasi getting very few minutes.

IMO though, when we've struggled in defence it's been because our forwards get rolled. Poor market defence, quick play the balls conceded, that's when we drop off tackles & concede points. An extra forward would obviously help, even if it's to give Gillett a 15 minute breather. Or Thaiday a second 15 minute breather.

Baptiste played Fogs last week in the second row. He's not playing NRL.

Is he heading elsewhere next year too, or was that just an offer?

In any case, I'd still take either over poor Wal at the moment.

IMO though, when we've struggled in defence it's been because our forwards get rolled. Poor market defence, quick play the balls conceded, that's when we drop off tackles & concede points. An extra forward would obviously help, even if it's to give Gillett a 15 minute breather. Or Thaiday a second 15 minute breather.

Maybe more than that, some serious focus on their fitness more than who plays on the bench to compensate for too tired tubbies

Anyone know how tickets are selling for this? I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to buying mine yet, but I figure it's no chance of selling out or anything....

Hi there, No it won't sell out, but if you want a seat in the XXXX Queenslander Box for nix, my friends have the dreaded lurgy so you could be my guest - all I ask is you are a fun person to watch the game with

Sorry mate, not with a nickname like that! :scared:

Don't flatter yourself I was asking you nasty person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Bongo
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.