PRE-GAME Round 22 - Broncos vs Panthers

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Locky and Sam saying Milf needs to do more on the footy show. HOW MUCH MORE CAN ONE MAN DO??? Not one word on the $900K dollar captain tho.

WTAF is going on?

Locky and Sam have lost the plot. It’s the channel 9 effect. What do they want, Milford to get in first receiver, pass it to Boyd then sprint like hell to receive it back off Boyd for the sweep play and then pass it on to Oates. Then if that play dies they would want Milford to get to dummy half take a run and then somehow get back to take the kick.

Idiots.

Locky and Sam have lost the plot. It’s the channel 9 effect. What do they want, Milford to get in first receiver, pass it to Boyd then sprint like hell to receive it back off Boyd for the sweep play and then pass it on to Oates. Then if that play dies they would want Milford to get to dummy half take a run and then somehow get back to take the kick.

Idiots.
That sounds like a pretty good move. I hope Seibold is reading this.

Idiots.
Preach!

He needs to return the kicks, and also better communication at the back stopping the linebreaks and tries. He needs to support the forwards up the middle for the offloads and set up the tries to himself while he's supporting the ball movement in broken play. He needs to kick the ball for field positions, a couple of 40/20's would really help the team out. Continue kicking the torpedo bombs putting pressure on the opposition back line. He hasn't been taking the line on and getting as many repeat sets, so probably needs to work on that, take a look in the mirror and ask himself if he's worth the big money he's being paid.

Not to mention his terrible positioning in goal that lead to Shibasaki needing to return the ball instead of him. He needs to make sure he's the one returning the ball, catching the bombs and saving the tries. And let's not get started on his terrible kick pressure.

Last edited:
Darius signed a "$4M 4 year deal", reports have him earning anywhere between 800K - 1M, so rounding it off to 900K. It's in the ball park.

Milford can either play fullback and support the forwards up the middle, or he can play fullback AND halfback and 5/8 (which he is doing, setting up for the 5th tackle option), he can't play fullback, support the forwards AND play halfback and 5/8 can he?

Maybe there needs to be one other big salary person coming under fire too. Not saying Milford isn't over paid, or hasn't lived up to his pay check, but I'd like to see him have one freaking person help him out in the backline more than once a game.

Thaiday and Lockyer both said NOT ONE WORD about Darius. Not one.
No , this is why he should be 7 atm

No , this is why he should be 7 atm
Milf? You’re not wrong. So why don’t they say that?
Say “Boyd should not be in the halves, milf is the best half at the club and should be there”. And also say “Boyd should not be in the spine at all”

Say “Boyd should not be in the halves, milf is the best half at the club and should be there”. And also say “Boyd should not be in the spine at all”
That I can't tell you, but it's all politics with the media. And in the end it's the coach's decision.

Well, I guess Locky and Sam are looking at things differently from they used to, to them, it’s publicity and fucking media politics, to me, it’s pretty fucked up especially after watching Melbourne Storm Ranking 4th fullback nailed the job perfectly ( I considered Drinkwater as their 3rd)

Because what people say in public isn't always the same as what would be said behind closed doors. And to pre-empt the obvious question, I assume they're saying it because their jobs involve publicly saying something.

I don’t understand how it’s apparently a “risk” to bring back Dearden or SOS, If we don’t pick halves to play in the halves we are treading water anyway. The club has backed our future success on them in the halves, surely they can show the same faith in them to handle the next month of football.

The club gains little out of continuing a makeshift halves combination, if they jag a few lucky wins to scrape into the 8 we will be bundled out just as fast. We give Dearden & SOS a run and we risk maybe not going one week longer into the season, but we lay a platform for next year.

At times this year it just feels like the club is half pregnant in what it wants to do, it ostensibly sees its future in Turpin at hooker, but continues to play McCullough, or they declare Dearden our long term halfback, but will play a hooker & ageing fb in the halves ahead of him. Seibs needs to say what he means & mean what he says.

I've never dreaded team list Tuesday as much as I do at the moment. That gut wrenching feeling of reading down the list to the number 6 spot and seeing that ridiculous four letter word staring back at me. Boyd. It's worse than when Benno played thaiday at hooker... The second week in a row. Please Siebs. If he's gotta be in the squad, stick him in at left centre. That is all.

Last edited:
I don’t understand how it’s apparently a “risk” to bring back Dearden or SOS, If we don’t pick halves to play in the halves we are treading water anyway. The club has backed our future success on them in the halves, surely they can show the same faith in them to handle the next month of football.

The club gains little out of continuing a makeshift halves combination, if they jag a few lucky wins to scrape into the 8 we will be bundled out just as fast. We give Dearden & SOS a run and we risk maybe not going one week longer into the season, but we lay a platform for next year.

At times this year it just feels like the club is half pregnant in what it wants to do, it ostensibly sees its future in Turpin at hooker, but continues to play McCullough, or they declare Dearden our long term halfback, but will play a hooker & ageing fb in the halves ahead of him. Seibs needs to say what he means & mean what he says.
The only risk I can think of is to their development. Fans are fickle at the best of times, if SOS and/or Dearden have a few bad moments let alone a few bad games how will the extra pressure of being the guys who get blamed for ruining our season go for them? If this season really is a write-off maybe we're better off giving these guys more time in cup to develop instead of throwing them into the meat grinder at the pointy end of the year for a season we'd all rather forget anyway.

The only risk I can think of is to their development. Fans are fickle at the best of times, if SOS and/or Dearden have a few bad moments let alone a few bad games how will the extra pressure of being the guys who get blamed for ruining our season go for them? If this season really is a write-off maybe we're better off giving these guys more time in cup to develop instead of throwing them into the meat grinder at the pointy end of the year for a season we'd all rather forget anyway.
If they were ready to play a couple of months ago then they are ready to play now. The pressure is always going to be there.

Milford could help more on the support side such as being around TPJ to get the offloads but he is playing like a 7 from Fullback at the moment, hard to justify that he isn't doing enough. He has to Re learn the position after spending nearly half a decade in the Halves.

Dearden needs to come into this side badly, I get that he is young and it's probably a risk for his future development putting him in such a high pressure sceniaro but I don't think it's a such a big risk when really all we need is a tiny spark to ride off our Forwards and we will be munching tries, there is no doubt we have the cream of the comp in the forwards when we have the fastest play the ball speed in the comp, we just need some damn brains in the halves. And we will be sending teams backwards fast.

Last edited:
Dearden needs to come into this side badly, I get that he is young and it's probably a risk for his future development putting him in such a high pressure sceniaro but I don't think it's a such a big risk when really all we need is a tiny spark to ride off our Forwards and we will be munching tries, there is no doubt we have the cream of the comp in the forwards when we have the fastest play the ball speed in the comp, we just need some damn brains in the halves. And we will be sending teams backwards fast.
Depends on his injury. He won't be 100% yet.

Locky and Sam saying Milf needs to do more on the footy show. HOW MUCH MORE CAN ONE MAN DO??? Not one word on the $900K dollar captain tho.

WTAF is going on?
Who is the 900k captain? Which team ?

Milf at 7 completely removes his talent. No time or space. $1m to feed the ball is a waste of coin.
When we have no 7 atm , didn't say leave him there. Way better option than turpin.
Pretty sure 7's do more than just feed the ball .

I honestly believe we are still getting by on past reputation and the bookies thinking we are going to eventually come good and put it together. Panthers will have Maloney back for this game too.

Judging by some of the comments going around, if you put 2 and 2 together it sounds like SOS will get named for this game in the halves alongside Turpin, meaning Boyd must be getting shifted to left centre with Shibasaki dropped. The end is nigh for Boyd. This will be his 3rd positional change in one year to try accommodate a past it player.

Win, lose, or draw, if this happens I'll be happy because it means AS has seen what we have and change is happening

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.