Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Team looks like a team that has internal issues. Surely the players are sick of their captain playing like a cat. No good being a leader if you turn around and no ones following you....Milf had the shits with Niko tonight big time so we've got the halves who aren't clicking, a broken forward pack with Gillett, Sua and now TPJ injured, a hooker who's clearly down on form and a Fullback/captain who shouldn't be on the field. Coach is under serious pressure...No one looks like they are enjoying the football.

Not to mention the bloke everyone craps on about being paid a million bucks...doesn't get listened to on the field! Macca must be losing his hearing or he has beef with Milford, for real. And on top of that, he's supposed to run the team and he's learning under Boyd.

From the outset, settle the **** down gents. Stop bitching about this player or that player. It’s a team game and regardless of all the points I intent to make below, we were not good enough to control our own destiny.
I’m 41 and have been highly invested in my team since ‘88. In the NSWRL era you knew you were going to get screwed. The important aspect was that the “opposition” knew they were ploughing ring. Today it’s like they deny any variation of interpretation, favouritism or whatever you want to call it. For the first time in a long time, I watched the game alcohol free. Not the norm but I feel I’m reasonably capable of noticing trends even with a bit of piss in me. More so sober and with recent events, I’m getting more attuned to the vagrancy of the NRL. Tonight’s game was a perfect example. The time allowed for slowing the ruck was all over the place. Certainly not to our favour at exactly the wrong times, or so it seemed to me. Such a sense of “keep it close”. And the no try to Milford but we’ll give you a penalty? Not a hint of WTF from Ch9. Surprising? It’s really, really frustrating but I know my team, YOUR team will overcome this adversity but **** me, it’s painful.
We can’t overcome it.

We don’t want to play the game as it is.

We have a coach that just can’t seem to appreciate that; although wrestling etc is shit, we need to do it and we need to do it well.

We have a club which seems to have not strategic direction.

****, if we can work out that halfback and hooker are not good positions for us, surely the club can work that out. If they can, then WHAT THE **** ARE THEY DOING ABOUT IT? If the current players can’t do it, then who are we signing that can?

Again if we can’t manage to ice a game WHAT THE **** ARE WE DOING ABOUT IT. Again, if the current players aren’t doing the job, then sign someone....

It seems that we are so worried about resigning blokes that we aren’t doing it strategically.

Example, there is nothing that has happened this year that suggests that we are missing Gillett. Plus he has a busted neck and he’s just about 30. So why resign him?

Opacic doesn’t get a lookin so why resign him?

Maybe we don’t need a thousand back Rowers?

Souffs, Roosters and Manly left. Bug chance if missing the 8.

We ain't missing the 8 if we're being real, Tigers are still 4 points behind us with a much worse F/A and have to play the Raiders away, Bunnies away, Dragons & Sea Eagles over the last month.

Relatively confident they won't win any more than 1-2 of those games, which means we just have to win 1 of the last 3 (Which we will, considering how inconsistently brilliant / shit we are.)

JT: So, Bennet Jnr, you're going to defend in the line all night? Let me keep kicking into the in-goal where you should be all night then.

Boyd:

Team looks like a team that has internal issues. Surely the players are sick of their captain playing like a cat. No good being a leader if you turn around and no ones following you....Milf had the shits with Niko tonight big time so we've got the halves who aren't clicking, a broken forward pack with Gillett, Sua and now TPJ injured, a hooker who's clearly down on form and a Fullback/captain who shouldn't be on the field. Coach is under serious pressure...No one looks like they are enjoying the football.

Probably the fact that they signed to the Broncos to play under Bennett and his contract is being questioned by not only the media but the club. Once Bennett leaves we are losing players like Roberts and TPJ. Dark times ahead. And some people seem excited for it..

Who’s the hooker out of form? If you’re referring to Macca, he’s never had “form”

I know Staggs is there as cover but at least use him to give Sam a breather. I mean Sam had to run a full 34 meters tonight. Why have Staggs on the bench and not use him at all? The last ten minutes against tired legs he could have been the difference. Seems like a waste having sit there doing nothing every week.

I know Staggs is there as cover but at least use him to give Sam a breather. I mean Sam had to run a full 34 meters tonight. Why have Staggs on the bench and not use him at all? The last ten minutes against tired legs he could have been the difference. Seems like a waste having sit there doing nothing every week.

Shameful.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Knowing we gave Darius 4 years on big $ is just beyond me. The man has declined so much in one year its almost sad to watch.

After watching this season (especially tonight) It has become overwhelming clear we won’t win a Comp with Macca at hooker, and Kodi at half.
Whilst I can’t deny Maccas defensive heart, his attacking ability is seriously laughable at times. How he is the best Queensland rugby league has to offer I’m not sure .

We have so many quality players out there trying their guts out (tpj, lodge, even Milford). It’s so frustrating to watch a team that shoots themselves in the foot from the get go by running out plodders like McCullough, Boyd and Thaiday.

Last edited:
Oh that's right this is apart of your 'Milford doesn't cop criticism act'.
Yeah, mate. It always is. My point stands. Milford gave them the ball on the third and they scored on that next set. He lost us this game because the dumb millionaire can't count to six..

TPJ had a good game. He tried his guts out and made a BIG impact despite playing injured. I don't like that we are playing him injured though.

Last edited:
Yeah, mate. It always is. My point stands. Milford gave them the ball on the third and they scored on that next set. He lost us this game because the dumb millionaire can't count to six..

I and several other people said the same thing. Is that 'enough' criticism for you? Or not quite up to Ben 'I Dropped the Broncos Premiership' Hunt's level?

I mean, who knows Cult, it could be your hero's instructions to kick early at the line, considering they keep doing it.

Probably the fact that they signed to the Broncos to play under Bennett and his contract is being questioned by not only the media but the club. Once Bennett leaves we are losing players like Roberts and TPJ. Dark times ahead. And some people seem excited for it..
Not one of them will leave.

Ps these bright times that are happening now with Wayne at the helm....no one questioned his position at the start of the year and yet we will still playing like shit.

Youre grasping at straws.

Ps Wayne only wants to coach for two more years so these players are all going to leave in 2021 anyway....

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  • Tmac
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Footy Fanatic
  • MrRobot
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • upthehorse
  • Adammacca
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.