International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
NRL - Round 22
Thursday, 4th of August, 2016

Brisbane Broncos 12
defeat
St. George Illawarra Dragons 8​

You'll need some eye-bleach after that one but hey, we won.

a win we needded just for some confidence. but to be honest if we played any other team in the comp tonight we probably get beat.

best on park for broncos goes to Benji marshall

We got the 2 pts
move on to next week
i did like what I saw from the halves tonight
they were really trying on their short kicking game
also, 6-1 penalty count and our lone penalty was from Milford being held back
are they fucking kidding themselves these refs

Oates' family have their feet in their mouths now. Should have never got their mugs on TV and talked shit about Wayne. Now Corey is out of sorts and needs a spell. Maranta is the human snail and thanks bunji Marshall for the win.

Corey Oates is making it hard to love him these last few weeks.

We looked good in patches. Not a terrible performance especially given how shit the conditions were.

What's the point of having a shot clock when the Dragons go over it & nothing happened to them.

Last edited:
Not perfect but a lot of improvement there all over the park.

I still love Oates
he will get his confidence back
all he needs is a couple of tries to kick start him again

It was a sloppy affair and the refs did their best to help St. George bankruptcy, but it was a win we needed. That last try to Widdop though left a lot to be desired. 5 guys standing there like stunned mullets wondering who was getting the ball.

Gillett was MOTM by a country mile. Milf had a decent one as well but his grubbers need work.

First half was positive but geez, that second half was ordinary and back to some of our worst. As mentioned, plenty of other teams would of beaten us tonight. Still plenty of worrying signs.

I still love Oates
he will get his confidence back
all he needs is a couple of tries to kick start him again

Can't see that happening, as you have to hang onto the ball.

I've gotta say we miss Reed on those sweep plays and putting Oates in the corner, and why can't we give Roberts early ball, him running full space onto a long ball is beautiful to watch. The team has still got there problems. Horrid conditions any team playing would have had a tough night. It's one of those matches. look forward to see if the boys can back it up next week.

Agreed with Gillett for MoM
he was fantastic in defence

Be still my heart.. aaaaand thanks Benj old mate

You know what? I'm glad Widdop scored that try.

The biggest talking point has been the Broncos poor defence.

Widdop scoring that try meant Broncos had to defend like their lives depended on it to win that game, and they did exactly that. It will give them a confidence boost and I expect them to improve in that area.

Good work from Opacic to put pressure on the Dragons centre and force an error.

It was an ugly win, but it's the win Broncos needed. These wins have a knack for turning a season around.

Huge question marks over the refs.. That's a lopsided penalty count. We only got 1 in the whole game.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.