PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could certainly look at making that move but we would need someone who is able to play that role in the 13. With our props of Haas, Willson, Te Kura and Jensen it might need be a priority to shift Carrigan up front. If Hetheringon was kicking on like we had hoped he could of forced a change in how our pack operates. I'd say our edge forwards are more of a concern.
In recent times these 13's have been failed halves, but they need solid defence and endurance... Salmon, Hayward, Mann, Walker, Watson, Victor (unsure if he was a half), Randall, Crossland, Plath, etc.

I liked when we had Gamble doing that role... bigger body and was good at digging into the line. Also dangerous enough with the run that he had to be respected.

Smoothy looked alright to cover that role when he got a chance and would fit into hooking rotation... does first 30 before Mozer then 20 to relieve Patty. I wouldnt mind seeing if Billy can do that kind of role as well... his defence is pretty solid in the middle. My concern would be that he goes off script too often and he'd be susceptible to over playing his hand (kicks in behind, etc.) can make it difficult for the backline if the ball is not always guaranteed to get to them.

Another alternative is a more skillful second rower that can do a little bit of passing.

They'll still have a place in the 17 each week and could get 50mins a game out of them... first 30 on the edge then 20 in the middle to relieve Patty.

Capewell could've done this role, but we got rid of him... I've not seen if Piaks can, but seems unlikely, and I doubt Riki can.

They dont fall off trees, but it would be a perfect 17 for us if they can cover edge, middle and ballplaying lock... I dont think Palasia can btw... I always hated seeing him pop up in the second row... however Kevvie has had a focus on improving the ballplaying of the middles... Patty, Payne and Palasia... so potentially the skill can be taught to an extent.

Cowboys 13+ paying 2.40

Fucking get on that. We'll have about two cracks in their 20m zone all night.
How many points do you think we have in us? Broncos less than 21 points is 1.94

He gets banged up cause he's soft as a pillow. Look how he carried on after the 'hit' by Brian Kelly I think it was. Wouldn't have bruised a grape but he carried on like he'd been taken down by a sniper.

Just glad we got one tough little nut in Jye Grey. Will run rings around Walsh next year once he gets a bit more experience..

You'd have absorbed the blow with the excess folds of fat you got hanging off of your chin.

I really think Paix deserves another shot and Billy Walters time is truly up in my opinion. Start Mozer and bring Paix in to the bench.

I really think Paix deserves another shot and Billy Walters time is truly up in my opinion. Start Mozer and bring Paix in to the bench.

I`ve been calling for Paix to get a run .
With instructions to run from dummy half . Then instruct the halves and Walsh to be ready to back him up any time there is one marker .
I don`t understand how Billy Walters can make half breaks through the ruck for 3 years and never find a support runner . That is poor game awareness by his team mates .

Billy Walters is literally the furthest thing from a problem for our team right now. He isn't perfect but he is out there having a red hot crack week in and week out. His form hasn't been bad either.

Billy Walters is literally the furthest thing from a problem for our team right now. He isn't perfect but he is out there having a red hot crack week in and week out. His form hasn't been bad either.
G’day Kevvie! :-)

When your forwards aren’t going forward and earning quick play the balls, the summer half will always look poor.
A lot of Billy’s form can be attributed to that. My biggest issue is his awful passes.

Grease to 5/8.
Me was right.
He used to lying on his back, he can practice it in the front line..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • phoenix
  • Dreaglor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • The True King
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.