PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oates dropping is terrible. He's performed well in recent weeks and has been the only back to take it to the opposition physically.

Tristan on the bench is a puzzler.
Walsh has been training at 6. I’d expect Sailor to play fullback. Surprised by Oates being dropped but happy to see Karapani play some more footy.

I would seriously rather Staggs at 6. I’m not sure what we could possibly gain from using Walsh there. Whether he kills it or bombs, he still starts next season at fullback.
I'd like to see how he goes there. The game is meaningless, but further down the track our best halves combination might be Mam and Walsh. Our other options are proven losers, so might as well keep trying other combos.

I'd like to see how he goes there. The game is meaningless, but further down the track our best halves combination might be Mam and Walsh. Our other options are proven losers, so might as well keep trying other combos.

Agreed. The season is gone, why not try a few things?

Walsh at 6 at this stage of his career is an act of pure desperation from Kevvie if thats what happens. H cant even defend at fullback properly yet, let along at 6.
Yep if Walsh starts at 6 I think it's a big indication that Kev's job is under real pressure. Swapping to 6 mid game with Sailor coming on is also silly: it's just a waste of an interchange player when we have an inexperienced prop in the starting 13 and a worn out Patty who is going to have to play close to 80 minutes again with the make up of this team.

Five-eighth and fullback aren't that different.

If it weren't for Timmy Dreaden at the Cows then Drinkwater would probably be their 5/8.

Walsh would probably be less of a liability in defense playing in the halves. Whatever Kevvie goes with we will see how it unfolds. No point doing what we’ve been doing all year because it’s not working.

I'd have no issue with Walsh in the halves tbh, but that left edge still has me a bit worried. I'd have preferred Arthars at left centre with either of Mariner or Karapani on the right wing, but at this point let's see how it goes.

Yep if Walsh starts at 6 I think it's a big indication that Kev's job is under real pressure. Swapping to 6 mid game with Sailor coming on is also silly: it's just a waste of an interchange player when we have an inexperienced prop in the starting 13 and a worn out Patty who is going to have to play close to 80 minutes again with the make up of this team.
How could he not be under pressure? We're in the bottom 4. That's effective zero progress from his first season after he's had 4 years to rebuild and train his squad.

Five-eighth and fullback aren't that different.

If it weren't for Timmy Dreaden at the Cows then Drinkwater would probably be their 5/8.
It's very different in defence, fielding bombs and kick returns.

But in general play, Walsh slots into the backline and takes kicks more like a 6 than a 1. It's hard to watch him play and not think he's a natural 6.

How could he not be under pressure? We're in the bottom 4. That's effective zero progress from his first season after he's had 4 years to rebuild and train his squad.

It's very different in defence, fielding bombs and kick returns.

But in general play, Walsh slots into the backline and takes kicks more like a 6 than a 1. It's hard to watch him play and not think he's a natural 6.
Kevy would be most critical of himself and definitely the most under pressure bloke at the club despite the media giving him a pass. The pressure would be there from management and himself that's for sure.

Walsh could be a natural 6 in attack any day of the week but my biggest concern is if he can defend better than ezra. Probably not but boy I hope he can. To be fair it might just narrow his focus a bit more not having the temptation to try and go after every play both sides of the field . I'd love to see the boys bounce back this week. Can't see it happening though against a full strength cowboys outfit in Townsville.

Not sure if anyone else just caught 360 on Foxtel, but boy oh boy the attack on Broncos and Reece Walsh in particular was a sight to behold. Paul Crawley was absolutely scathing in his assessment. At one point, Bulldog Ritchie referred to Walsh as 'the brat" lol. Braith in hysterics at the flasback of Walsh wearing his sunglasses in the sheds before the GF last year, saying he's won nothing. Gordie trying his best to stick up for you lot, but he was shouted down every time he tried.

Am just glad we are now on the upward trajectary and is another team who is now a laughing stock instead of us. Almost feel sorry for youse. On second thoughts, no, its bloody brilliant :rofl

Not sure if anyone else just caught 360 on Foxtel, but boy oh boy the attack on Broncos and Reece Walsh in particular was a sight to behold. Paul Crawley was absolutely scathing in his assessment. At one point, Bulldog Ritchie referred to Walsh as 'the brat" lol. Braith in hysterics at the flasback of Walsh wearing his sunglasses in the sheds before the GF last year, saying he's won nothing. Gordie trying his best to stick up for you lot, but he was shouted down every time he tried.

Am just glad we are now on the upward trajectary and is another team who is now a laughing stock instead of us. Almost feel sorry for youse. On second thoughts, no, its bloody brilliant :rofl

Wayne's just looking for one last pay day.

Your club is fucked once he's done.

Feeling Silly Season 3 GIF by Living Single
I am ready I should ask can I trade my Jersey in for a clown suit and do they do clown outfits for a certain tabby

He can have his pay day, we don't mind. It's the price you pay for pretty much a guaranteed premeirship. :tallica:

Go chat to a few Newcastle fans. I'd like to get their thoughts.

I genuinely don't know what I want from this game.

I've moved beyond this season and only care about what's good for next year. To that end, I'd like to see next season's squad prioritized over those the club is thinking of letting go.

We have the talent to win the odd game without being coached. That's how our wins looked this year. But if we win like that, it only papers over the cracks. If we win this one, will it suddenly mean Kevvie's been harshly judged? Or will it just be the way the coin lands?

It's hard to watch us lose, especially by a big margin, but if that's what it takes for management to move Kevvie on, then maybe that's in the better interest of the team long term. Otherwise, next season will be as frustrating as this one.

Am I the asshole for not caring whether we win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Dreaglor
  • phoenix
  • Hoof Hearted
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • The True King
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.