PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say there would have been an assessment done by a doctor, physio, high performance staff etc and cleared to play. I don't think Kevy knows much about the anatomy of the human body being an NRL coach and probably would be working off the advice of professionals...

Are we just looking for reasons to unload on the coach now? lol
Yep, you got me. FFS.

You have to wonder what Ezra was doing there. Literally the guy is on the ground and he cant wrap him up. There is just no urgency on that left side between Mariner, Mam and Piakura.

I agree, it worked from Walsh and gave us a chance to Defend the try. Mam just wasnt good enough really.
I'd imagine his thought was to stop the offload because he still had players inside him... so going low allows offload.

I cant recall where he was at speed wise and whether he could've just battered into him in the hope he drops it or goes to ground too quickly.

Instead he tried to wrap up ball and all and got thrown off, because his wrestle wasnt good enough.

It's one of those ones where a storm/penrith player probably just targets the ball... does not worry about the rest of the player at all and just attack the ball. He's 90% towards a try anyway, so your best hope is forcing an error.

Hear me out here. I reckon they should give Coby Black a go in this game. He has Reyno to hold his hand and guide him through the game he will also have Walsh taking much of the pressure off him.

We've already tried Jock over a few games and he was completely underwhelming besides he is now out injured. We also gave Rogers a go and really his defence was putrid so realistically we have nothing to lose.

The run will do him good in terms of him getting a first hand taste of NRL and being able to gauge just how much more work he needs to put in to get to the required level.

Who knows, as Payton will not know that much about him at all he might surprise them in attack.
Maybe we should wait for his balls to drop first. Also he's injured.

I'd imagine his thought was to stop the offload because he still had players inside him... so going low allows offload.

I cant recall where he was at speed wise and whether he could've just battered into him in the hope he drops it or goes to ground too quickly.

Instead he tried to wrap up ball and all and got thrown off, because his wrestle wasnt good enough.

It's one of those ones where a storm/penrith player probably just targets the ball... does not worry about the rest of the player at all and just attack the ball. He's 90% towards a try anyway, so your best hope is forcing an error.
The guy literally has time to fall over, get back up, run a few steps and offload. Its watching these little lazy lapses in effort make Ezra so difficult to watch.

Blokes like Ezra, Mariner, Cobbo, Piakura have an enormous difference between their best football and their worst football. They get touted as superstars because they can do things that nobody else can, brilliant one play, completely lackluster the next. If they inevitably throw the coach out, i wouldn't be surprised if an incoming coach swaps a few of these boys for some resilient consistent performers.

Its mind boggling to think that Mam and Dearden are on the same sort of coin.

Maybe we should wait for his balls to drop first. Also he's injured.
You stick to your solipsism...leave the rest of us to make suggestions.

We’ve proven on a consistent basis that our defence is dis-organised, soft, and unable to fight for 80 mins.

There’s no team work. It’s a team of individuals. Play a pass too hard and close to someone who can’t take the ball and then blame him for it shows that.

It’s desperate.

I can’t see anything other than another defeat, by at least 30

I know it'll never happen, because he himself wouldn't allow it, but I would be putting Reyno on ice for the remainder of the season as well. Have him focus on healing any niggles, strengthening his bicep and staying as fit as possible to set him up for one last big season before he calls it quits. Wouldn't be upset to see Patty get an early Mad Monday either because he has got to be absolutely stuffed. Play Walsh in the halves and Cobbo at fullback (if he isn't straight up sacked over this off field drama) and tell him to earn his wage or **** off outta here in the off season.

If we're going to get belted from pillar to post for the last few rounds anyway, there's no need to be making unnecessary risks. Let some no name reggies come in and give them a chance to have a breakout.
He should atleast be off untill his arm is at full function, as should anyone who needs post season surgery, with No finals and likely alot less players having rep games we should have a much better prepared and earlier pre season start.

expect some changes to that bench - tiny - BTK is on extended bench so maybe bring him in -

Kevvies lost me. How he has Mariner at centre once again is beyond comprehension. Arthars could play centre, Karapani could play centre. Move Mariner to the wing ffs! One prop on the bench.. seriously make it make sense kevvie.

Sailor on the bench should solve all our issues. 🤔 The smallest bench you'll ever see.

Interesting that Oates was dropped, he has his faults these days obviously but he was no worse than others the last few weeks.

Assuming BTK is probably not fit and has just been named for numbers in reserves.

Kevvies lost me. How he has Mariner at centre once again is beyond comprehension. Arthars could play centre, Karapani could play centre. Move Mariner to the wing ffs! One prop on the bench.. seriously make it make sense kevvie.
This is exactly what's wrong with this team.
Mariner the past 2 weeks has been terrible in defence not NRL standard and should be dropped to Qcup to work on it or at least put on the wing outside of Staggs but he holds his spot next to a basically NRL rookie 5/8 and a NRL rookie winger.

Has to be the worst team named in recent memory. If we lose a forward we will just straight out lose the game.

We are in for a long night particularly with Piakura, Mariner and Karapani all defending together.

Drop Sailor for Te Kura or Hunt and its a well balance team. About time dick finger Oates was dropped completely.

Ah yes , let’s just keep Mariner in the centres cause he’s doing a great f**king job.. Sailor on the bench too, I could barf!

Dropping Oates is very scapegoat-ish, he’s been terrible but far from the issue. Kevvie’s got 99 problems and Oates is only one of them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • upthebroncs
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • teampjta
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • HVbronco
  • porouian
  • RolledOates
  • johnny plath
  • Griffo
  • Waynesaurus
  • barker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.