PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably agree, KW couldn’t stop our slide that ruined the 2022 season.
Groundhog day and the same exact shit has now ruined 2024.
Yes, 2023 was an amazing ride but our errors and lack of resilience cost us the GF.
Those same problems persist and are our achilles heel, how are we ever going to win a premiership while those issues remain.
For the record, the broncos are in the business of premierships, not scrape into the top 8, not oh well maybe we’ll do better next year, premierships full stop.
We havnt won a premiership for 20 years. We very much aren't that at least not anymore. Our Defence in the GF was great up until the 65th minute - We defended non stop in the first 20 minutes of the game which fatigued us in the end.

Ultimately you cant say that our errors, Defence, lack of resilience and discipline as a whole werent anything short of exemplary in 2023. IF they were anything contrary we dont play the GF to begin with. Those things are new in 2024 which is why we should have some faith that these guys can fix it.

this season is starting to become our '20/'21 season...... Kevvie has to step up or else the brissy bronx will become the glizzy gronx

We havnt won a premiership for 20 years. We very much aren't that at least not anymore. Our Defence in the GF was great up until the 65th minute - We defended non stop in the first 20 minutes of the game which fatigued us in the end.

Ultimately you cant say that our errors, Defence, lack of resilience and discipline as a whole werent anything short of exemplary in 2023. IF they were anything contrary we dont play the GF to begin with. Those things are new in 2024 which is why we should have some faith that these guys can fix it.
2 hopeless short drop outs costs us that game. Somehow we are even worse this year.
Also, go check our error counts for last year, you might be surprised.

Someone said those exact words.
Yea I said our fans are fickle...
comedy central ho GIF by Drunk History

Lol but it was in context to someone saying our fans are demanding the coach be sacked, and that we are definatly more forgiving if we are winning. I.e. fickle in our support for players/coaches depending on form, not support for the club.

Look at the Cobbo comments. When we are winning = "how can he say that about the coach! Sack the lazy bastard". When we are losing = "I knew it all along!".

2 hopeless short drop outs costs us that game. Somehow we are even worse this year.
Also, go check our error counts for last year, you might be surprised.
You can't point it down to two hopeless short dropouts as being causal factors. They contributed to the loss but was one of many factors

You can't point it down to two hopeless short dropouts as being causal factors. They contributed to the loss but was one of many factors
The short drop outs are just an example of Kevvie not being able to recognise a simple problem and fix it.
Those 8 points directly cost us the game.
The other key factors were our 11 errors and minimal time in possession.
No offence but if you think our problems this year are new and were not present last year, you were not watching closely enough.
Our time in possession stats for the GF a carbon copy of this year.
The problems were there all along, injuries, fitness and lack of confidence have just exposed them.
It also hasn’t helped that most coaches have worked out how to easily expose our soft underbelly and we just give up.
If we had a good coach we’d be still fighting for the 8, not have our season over.

to be honest i hope we get rinsed so kevvy gets kicked out faster

last week our bunch of instagram show ponies trotted across the rubicon for mine

i can't respect a coach who garners no respect from the players, get rid of him and bring some mean hard nosed **** in

no more smiles

None of Mam, Haas or Smoothy available this week, most likely all season done.

So given the unavailables are likely (I'm doing two lists in one in this post):
Cobbo
Haas
Mam
Smoothy
Madden
Hunt
Te Kura (could he be a late in)?
Gosiewski
Hoeter
Pereira (retired)

Just go nuts with it and have some fun:
1. Arthars
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Karapani
5. Leota
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Paix
10. Willison
11. Staggs
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Semu
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

18. Hetherington

But guess he might be available again baby...Baker

So given the unavailables are likely (I'm doing two lists in one in this post):
Cobbo
Haas
Mam
Smoothy
Madden
Hunt
Te Kura (could he be a late in)?
Gosiewski
Hoeter
Pereira (retired)

Just go nuts with it and have some fun:
1. Arthars
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Karapani
5. Leota
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Paix
10. Willison
11. Staggs
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Semu
16. Taupau
17. Piakura

18. Hetherington

But guess he might be available again baby...Baker
Hopefully baker had his spine rehabilitated while he was off for his knee.

to be honest i hope we get rinsed so kevvy gets kicked out faster

last week our bunch of instagram show ponies trotted across the rubicon for mine

i can't respect a coach who garners no respect from the players, get rid of him and bring some mean hard nosed **** in

no more smiles
I’m not death riding Kevvie yet because of the highs from last year
But I’m not far off…

I know it'll never happen, because he himself wouldn't allow it, but I would be putting Reyno on ice for the remainder of the season as well. Have him focus on healing any niggles, strengthening his bicep and staying as fit as possible to set him up for one last big season before he calls it quits. Wouldn't be upset to see Patty get an early Mad Monday either because he has got to be absolutely stuffed. Play Walsh in the halves and Cobbo at fullback (if he isn't straight up sacked over this off field drama) and tell him to earn his wage or **** off outta here in the off season.

If we're going to get belted from pillar to post for the last few rounds anyway, there's no need to be making unnecessary risks. Let some no name reggies come in and give them a chance to have a breakout.

To be frank, Mam, Mariner Piakura, Cobbo all have something in common. They all strike me to be a bit dopey and just phase out of games. I think the intensity that Herbie and Capewell play at might have masked it last year but if we are being honest, that whole edge has been a massive problem this year.

Probably cant ever have them all defending on one side of the field together.
If we had another backrower I'd be moving Patty into the front row and Piakura into 13 to defend in the middle.

I know it'll never happen, because he himself wouldn't allow it, but I would be putting Reyno on ice for the remainder of the season as well. Have him focus on healing any niggles, strengthening his bicep and staying as fit as possible to set him up for one last big season before he calls it quits. Wouldn't be upset to see Patty get an early Mad Monday either because he has got to be absolutely stuffed. Play Walsh in the halves and Cobbo at fullback (if he isn't straight up sacked over this off field drama) and tell him to earn his wage or **** off outta here in the off season.

If we're going to get belted from pillar to post for the last few rounds anyway, there's no need to be making unnecessary risks. Let some no name reggies come in and give them a chance to have a breakout.
Who would we put in the halves with Mam and Madden already out?? This team needs leadership out there!

I'm guessing Rodgers comes in this week ... it might work better for him this time around as he'll be on his preferred left hand side and will have a dominant half inside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.