PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oates dropping is terrible. He's performed well in recent weeks and has been the only back to take it to the opposition physically.

Tristan on the bench is a puzzler.
Oates is too old and slow to be playing on the wing these days. That try he bombed on the weekend would have been scored by pretty much any other winger in the comp. You can see very clearly he has lost a lot of pace this year.
He needs to either transition to the forwards or hang them up completely.

Oates is too old and slow to be playing on the wing these days. That try he bombed on the weekend would have been scored by pretty much any other winger in the comp. You can see very clearly he has lost a lot of pace this year.
I cant work out if hes too old and slow of it his knee is just fucked and needs surgery but we dont have any other outside backs to replace him with other than Karapani of course. He was certainly not our worst player on that edge last week thats for sure.

I do like Karapani, i just have PTSD from the pass he herbied earlier in the season. And word on the street is that he cant catch either.

You stick to your solipsism...leave the rest of us to make suggestions.
In case you just woke up from a coma:

He's not really old, he's lost some pace which could possibly be down to this knee issue he's been carrying. I think its a bad look though to drop a player who hasnt been playing badly and keeping the likes of Mariner in the side, and as i said, he's been the only back making tough meters.

Just wanted Corey to get one more try. Was gutted he was run down on the weekend but is a theme for him this year. He’s gotta be out of condition - never seen someone become so slow in such a small period of time.

But he still made considerable metres so I guess we are back to being stuck in our end again this weekend!

If you're going to drop Oates, he actually makes for a decent utility on the bench. He could cover second row or in the middle for a short stint plus be cover for an injured outside back.

He might be too slow to be an effective winger but at least he puts effort in. Don't know how Mariner keeps his spot.

I’m sure Kev is trying to get himself sacked rather than resigning to keep the money he would be owed. Otherwise why would we pick such a shit bench? Why drop Oatsey? After that spray last week he got it should be Walsh getting dropped.

Sailor on the bench
Kel9Ap

1 Reece Walsh
2 Josiah Karapani
3 Kotoni Staggs
4 Deine Mariner
5 Jesse Arthars
6 Josh Rogers
7 Adam Reynolds ©
8 Corey Jensen
9 Billy Walters
10 Xavier Willison
11 Brendan Piakura
12 Jordan Riki
13 Patrick Carrigan
14 Blake Mozer
15 Kobe Hetherington
16 Tristan Sailor
17 Martin Taupau

Reserves
18 Cory Paix
19 Ben Te Kura
20 Jaiyden Hunt
21 Corey Oates
22 Va’a Semu

What the actual ****. That bench is so shit. We are going to get rolled through the middle. Cowboys will get ontop within the first 10mins and will put 50+ on us. I was a big supporter of Kev but that bench is nothing but a pile of steamy dog shit.

Why the **** would you pick sailor? That just doesn’t make any sense.

I hope we get beaten by 50+

I don't mind Rogers at 6. I'm scared that Kev will move Sailor (who doesn't deserve to be close to the starting 17 imo) to FB and Walsh to 6 on game day.

There's zero point moving Walsh out of position when he will be playing FB next year and is still far from the finished article there: let him develop.

EDIT: I pray that BTK comes in for Sailor.

I don't mind Rogers at 6. I'm scared that Kev will move Sailor (who doesn't deserve to be close to the starting 17 imo) to FB and Walsh to 6 on game day.

There's zero point moving Walsh out of position when he will be playing FB next year and is still far from the finished article there: let him develop.
I wouldn't mind to see Walsh at 6 just for shits and giggles. It's not like any of us care about the scoreline.

Formidable team. I am particularly scared of tristan sailor as the fullback. He will definitely torment townsend more than what Walsh would as a sweeping fullback...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • phoenix
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Dreaglor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manofoneway
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.