PRE-GAME [Round 23, 2024] Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather not be a heavy favourite though. We don't thrive on it. Saw that on Thursday. Went through the motions. It will bite you on the ass one of these weeks.
You guys don't like travelling to Sydney... so unless this game is being played at Accor I don't think you'll have to worry too much

Like cherry Evans said, this year aint our year boys. We tried our hardest, but we weren't good enough.

Any less than 3 honesty sessions this week and we 100% lose…4+ honesty sessions and we have a slight chance

Shake it up, ah, shake it up somehow Cobbs is available:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Mozer
10. Taupau
11. Carrigan
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Jensen
16. Semu
17. Piakura

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Mozer
10. Taupau
11. Carrigan
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Jensen
16. Semu
17. Piakura
Wheres walters?

Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic TV

Like cherry Evans said, this year aint our year boys. We tried our hardest, but we weren't good enough.
We didn’t try our hardest though. We simply didn’t put in the work and now the results are showing.

This season is as bad as the spoon year. I fear this season is gonna get a whole lot worse. Exact areas the Bunnies were in last year. We have to make changes in the off season because if we don’t Walter will get sacked mid season and we will have wasted another year

Can’t wait until team list Tuesday so I can put together a multi.

We didn’t try our hardest though. We simply didn’t put in the work and now the results are showing.

This season is as bad as the spoon year. I fear this season is gonna get a whole lot worse. Exact areas the Bunnies were in last year. We have to make changes in the off season because if we don’t Walter will get sacked mid season and we will have wasted another year.
Hundred percent agree. Like Kevie just let go 4 of our big stars( Herbie, Tom, Brendan, Kurt ) sign at other clubs and what next he's gonna trade someone like staggs for some bullshit cowboys player??

Hundred percent agree. Like Kevie just let go 4 of our big stars( Herbie, Tom, Brendan, Kurt ) sign at other clubs and what next he's gonna trade someone like staggs for some bullshit cowboys player??
I think let go is absolutely wrong. That’s the salary cap working and how it works. Maybe we could have kept some and lost others. Roster management and salary cap management have been diabolical though

Here's my team, starting with some roster changes:

The big one: Kevvie sacked immediately.
Walsh given deadline to accept existing offer otherwise rescind.

Add to top 30 for 2024
Joshua Patston

Immediate permission to speak to other clubs:
Billy Walters
Corey Oates
Fletcher Baker
Israel Leota
Jack Gosiewski
Jaiyden Hunt
Jock Madden
Josh Rogers
Kobe Hetherington
Tristan Sailor

Extend one year after season end
Karapani
Marty

Maybe extend
Delouise
Oates

Coach: John Cartwright (until season end)

1. Cobbo (if available, if not permission to speak to other clubs)
2. Karapani (before we decide to extend)
3. Mariner
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Mozer
10. Willison
11. Patston
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Piakura
16. Taupau
17. Semu

18. Oates

Here's my team, starting with some roster changes:

The big one: Kevvie sacked immediately.
Walsh given deadline to accept existing offer otherwise rescind.

Add to top 30 for 2024
Joshua Patston

Immediate permission to speak to other clubs:
Billy Walters
Corey Oates
Fletcher Baker
Israel Leota
Jack Gosiewski
Jaiyden Hunt
Jock Madden
Josh Rogers
Kobe Hetherington
Tristan Sailor

Extend one year after season end
Karapani
Marty

Maybe extend
Delouise
Oates

Coach: John Cartwright (until season end)

1. Cobbo (if available, if not permission to speak to other clubs)
2. Karapani (before we decide to extend)
3. Mariner
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen
9. Mozer
10. Willison
11. Patston
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Piakura
16. Taupau
17. Semu

18. Oates

Don't think I agree with a lot in here but surprised with the fact there is quite a bit I do, plus you've come up with some options instead of just whinging, I like it.

Don't think I agree with a lot in here but surprised with the fact there is quite a bit I do, plus you've come up with some options instead of just whinging, I like it.
I'd love to have options but recruitment has been such that - other than in one notable position - we've pretty much been running out our best each week.

I feel much the same way about poaching players from other clubs that folk round here feel about other clubs poaching from us.

After all, we "have all of QLD to choose from."

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Mariner
4. Staggs
5. Arthars
6. Walsh
7. Reynolds
8. Willison
9. Mozer
10. Taupau
11. Carrigan
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Jensen
16. Semu
17. Piakura
We only differ on Karapani in for Oates (I chose Karapani to give him a go before we decide whether to cut him loose), I have Patston at 2nd Row rather than Patty (I think Patty is wasted there, and Patson is my rookie experiment), and you have Hetherington in for Jensen (not fussed either way, but I'm leaning towards Jensen holding his spot).

Agree with Semu as a trial, Piakura back to the bench, and Paix as utility (another experiment to see where we really are). Also Walsh at 6/7, I think that might be our only way forward after Reynolds retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Fozz
  • Robboi_321
  • upthebroncs
  • Johnny92
  • teampjta
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • HVbronco
  • porouian
  • RolledOates
  • johnny plath
  • Griffo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.