Round 23 - Broncos vs. Eels - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm preparing for an NYC type scoreline ...... 38-34 or something like that.

As long as we win FFS ;)

hope hayne won't toy with us this time

Our forward pack is superior to Parramatta and if all of our forwards turn up prepared to play we'll get over the top of them and Hunt and Prince will just need to do something with it.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Kahu passes a fitness test and we will be 1-17 tonight.

TEAM UPDATE: Call Made On Kahu - Brisbane Broncos

COACH Anthony Griffin did something he hasn't been able to for a while this morning - he was able to train the actual team he named on Tuesday.
In great news for the Broncos, Jordan Kahu proved his fitness to return from a broken hand against the Eels tomorrow night.
It has been a torturous run for Kahu, who made his NRL debut in round four this year after two years out with knee reconstructions.
He finally made it on to the field this season but has only managed eight games after first breaking his thumb and then his hand.
However he has been cleared to stride out against the Eels at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow night.
He has replaced teenage wing debutant from last week, Jordan Drew, who played in the 26-24 win over the Dragons.
That leaves Broncos' coach Griffin with the same 19 he named to play on Tuesday.
Griffin still has to trim two from his bench for the match, but said there would be no surprises like last week when Drew was named to make his debut on game day.
"Jordan Kahu is right to go so it is all good this week," said Griffin with a smile this morning.
"There will be no late changes," he said.

Which is exactly what we need going into the finals - a good training session

I really hope we don't take the Eels lightly tonight. They won't be keen to lose and they usually think they can get the better of us.

We need to shut Hayne down early - He's really their only hope. Get in his face and smash him first couple times he has the ball so he doesn't wanna go looking for it again.

I think this game is a real opportunity for Ben Hunt to really put a stamp on this game. He's had 3 solid performances in a row, albeit not for 80 minutes, he needs to take this game by the neck tonight and show us what he's got.

I think Beads posted originally that Hunt is still finding fitness after his bench role for most of the season, so yes, I am expecting from him more show and go each week.

I was serious when I said this game is a good training session. The Eels have often been hard to beat and with Hayne, and a team who will come out wanting to play at their best, this will be a good test of our mettle if we are to be serious about being finals contenders.

The Eels edge defence is fragile. At the same time, we let in far too many tries out wide with wingers too often leaving their opposites unmarked - like last week with Morris.

We also have a bad habit of slacking off for no apparent reason. I see this as one very tough game

Parramatta's grand final and they will turn up. Won't matter because the Broncos will party hard after every try, Parramatta to feel our wrath. The horses are coming...k

Wallace is the 17th man for tonight's game. Anderson has been very strong in Q cup and has overshadowed Wallace. Griffin must really have the shits with him big time

Wallace is the 17th man for tonight's game. Anderson has been very strong in Q cup and has overshadowed Wallace. Griffin must really have the ****s with him big time

Do you mean 19th?

Just a reminder, don't ask for or post any illegal streams. Thanks, guys.

They've been dammed by the navy under the stop the floats policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.