Round 23 - Broncos vs. Eels - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copley is a centre, not a winger. He'll do a job out there, but Copley should always beat Hoffman for the right centre spot, as opposed to Hoffman always beating Copley for the left wing spot.

If we do get Barba and Milford, this is the backline I'd run out with, at least until Yow Yeh is fit and capable:

1- Barba
2- Hoffman
3- Reed
4- Copley
5- Kahu
6- Milford
7- Hunt

My god that's an awesome backline

Just teach Ben Hunt to goal kick.

Parker has kicked well before, no reason he can't do it again.

Parker has kicked well before, no reason he can't do it again.

Yeah but really inconsistent. He has lost games for us before where we actually scored more tries than the opposition

Yeah but really inconsistent. He has lost games for us before where we actually scored more tries than the opposition

I think he might also have won us some games with some great goalkicking.

TAB have the Eels at $6 and the start is 15.5. It's almost tempting to have a slice of that.

The whole side is starting to play more expansive football. Even support play is on the rise (from rock bottom, there is only one way to go).

A number of players have stepped up since we now have a half back who is exploring the whole field for opportunities. Prince looks to have some more energy and his combination with Hunt looks like it's growing with each game, same with Macca, and Gillett is starting to run harder and look for the ball more, even Thaiday is running harder.

Last week, we even looked like we had Hannant playing as a 5/8 here and there.

Maybe Hook woke up one morning and said "light bulb! Maybe passing the ball is the key to winning NRL!"

I am so looking forward to this game. The only thing that bothers me is the team's overall fitness. If we do make the 8, that is a major issue.

Last edited:
The whole side is starting to play more expansive football. Even support play is on the rise (from rock bottom, there is only one way to go).

A number of players have stepped up since we now have a half back who is exploring the whole field for opportunities. Prince looks to have some more energy and his combination with Hunt looks like it's growing with each game, same with Macca, and Gillett is starting to run harder and look for the ball more, even Thaiday is running harder.

Last week, we even looked like we had Hannant playing as a 5/8 here and there.

Maybe Hook woke up one morning and said "light bulb! Maybe passing the ball is the key to winning NRL!"

I am so looking forward to this game. The only thing that bothers me is the team's overall fitness. If we do make the 8, that is a major issue.

Haha I have this image now of hook launching up in bed in flannette pjs going "darl, darl I've got it, I've worked it out. It just came to me in a dream... The key is passing... I've got to call Ben"

Haha I have this image now of hook launching up in bed in flannette pjs going "darl, darl I've got it, I've worked it out. It just came to me in a dream... The key is passing... I've got to call Ben"

<Looks at notepad. Old scribbled note on there says "zero passes = zero errors = win". Crosses it out>

He can also jot down a reminder. Tell Hoffa to move up fast when Hunt has the ball

I can just hope for one thing tomorrow and that is... play like the season is on the line boys because it is.

In the immortal words of the great BHQ Forum Bard : JUST WIN FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.