Round 23 - Broncos vs. Eels - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Hodgeo is disastrous, but I think we can still win. Maybe not by a smashing, but it's possible.

Cross fingers, pray and make offerings to the football gods, whatever you have to do just to get Kahu or even Copley are fit, otherwise Maranta is back in for sure.

What I like about Drew - despite his inexperience based errors, was when he scored his try, he was totally aware of Gillett, supported him even though a pass would be tricky if at all, but he expected the unexpected and he got it, and was in perfect position to take it.

Great positive there. I like him

Last edited:
You know you're team is struggling when we think that beating the Eels might be possible, and for every other team they have basically been a bye round.

Unless a freak recovery to kahu or copley accours, my choice centre would be Gillett again.

I'd move Oates into the centers to replace Hodges... Kahu would be a chance to comeback and i'd have him on one wing with Drew on the other

I watched the Eels v Manly game, they compete well for parts if the game but then do stupid crap and get punished

1. Hoffman
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Drew
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Baptiste
15. Stagg
16. Tasi
17. Lui

I thought Gillett did well out wide, as long as he is not on the same side as Prince.

Stagg has to be onto Hayne. Hayne is way more dangerous than Dugan. (even at 5/8)

Hannant to play more 1st or 2nd receiver. I loved the way he put Thaiday through that gap for his try.

Hunt is getting fitter with every game. I expect more from him each week

I hope Parker's problems in passing are a one-off

Last edited:
Yeah I wouldn't be keen on Oates and Drew defending together

We need Hayne to have an off night. Please please please please!

We just need the Eels to NOT find some off-field drama, coach sacking or random suspension to give them that 1% of motivation they need to be a competitive football team.

The problem is, this squad plays to the other team's level.

If all it takes to make 40 metres per set through one off hit ups, the Broncos will do just that all night and bomb it to the wings.

Hoping that Hunt's influence and willingness to have a go and make opportunities at the right time will turn that around

I've got a feeling Hook might recall Norman in the circumstances.

Psychologically, how Norman will react to that: "I can help the team, my mates, I'm desperate to play NRL regardless of the circumstances, I'm playing against my new club, I want to impress Ricky and the Eels fans"

OR

"**** you Hook".

1. Bondage
2. Oates
3. Reed
4. Hoffman
5. Drew

Toungue pressed firmly in cheek btw. TBH, if Kahu is back, him for Hodges in is all i'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.