Round 23 - Broncos vs. Eels - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the eels have already beaten us this year so that alone should be motivation enough for us to get over them this week, but im nervous. more nervous about this game than i was leading into the dragons.

Big test for Griffin here as a coach, he needs to show us that he’s up to NRL level by coming up with a match winning game plan that revolves around us not having Hodges. The Eels are pretty rubbish but without Hodges injecting the x-factor from attacking fullback then I think we’ll struggle, we’ll also miss his leadership and motivation that he gives to the younger players. I’d personally like to see Gillett playing a role similar to Hodges in attack and follow the ball around, maybe draw in some defenders at the line and flick pass to an unmarked player. After yesterday’s game I’m pretty sure he’s got the ball playing skills to fill that hole.

Hoffman might be one of the greatest defending fullbacks around but he’s one of the worst at attack, it’s no surprise that he hasn’t scored a try since shifting back there. I sometimes wonder how he feels knowing that he’s the only fullback (that I’m aware of) that requires another player to step into his role in attack, it must be a little bit demeaning. He’s still a much better option than Norman but we really need another fullback for next year, he belongs on the wing or at centre.

Overall I’m probably more confident of winning this game than I was against the Dragons (who aren’t as bad as their ladder position indicates), on paper we’re the better side even without Hodges so hopefully the team can step up and get us over the line. I'm expecting another big game from Hunt and I'm praying that Hayne breaks his face during training this week.

Not sure if the Eels winning last weekend was good or bad for us. Will they relax a bit now that they have finally got a win so won't be as up for the contest against us or will the Tigers victory click them into gear for a strong finish to the season?

I will be tipping us again this week, both my gut and head tells me we will probably escape with another close win.

My big fear is we go into this game as a gimme.

Hoffman might be one of the greatest defending fullbacks around but he’s one of the worst at attack, it’s no surprise that he hasn’t scored a try since shifting back there.

yeah i absolutely love hoffy but he just doesnt work as a fullback in attack. i think aside from the usual spead/cut out ball we should work pretty hard on getting gillett and thaiday into holes on the edges.

truth is though the eels defense outwide is a shambles so as long as we can get it out there the holes will open up.

the eels dont have a habit of backing up a win with another good performance.

Kahu or Maranta to come in for Hodges IMO.

Kahu was almost ready to play yesterday apparently. Surely he'll be ready this time.

Unless they are just saying he's almost ready, but he's really weeks away, like with Hannant.

he trained outside hodges the day before correct? so must be close. id say he should be good to go by friday

If he's fit, i'd just put Kahu in Hodges spot.

what is it with these articles today? another nothing article which is only a journalists opinion that norman might get a recall.

Out of left field but, doesn't Granville do something with FB in Qcup?

Feeling a bit edgy about this game, Parra usually play well against us and with Hayne back in the team we will need to play at our best with a full attitude to win.

Not sure if the Eels winning last weekend was good or bad for us. Will they relax a bit now that they have finally got a win so won't be as up for the contest against us or will the Tigers victory click them into gear for a strong finish to the season?

I will be tipping us again this week, both my gut and head tells me we will probably escape with another close win.

My big fear is we go into this game as a gimme.

No such thing as a gimme anymore unless it's the Broncos playing someone from the top 4

Out of left field but, doesn't Granville do something with FB in Qcup?

He does. And one journo on twitter, Ben Davies maybe? Was suggesting the selection will be a bit left of field

I promise I'm not him....

Better tighten up our right hand side D too. Parra scored a lot points that side last week. Plus I feep they have a lot more strike power than the dragons. Major danger game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Astro
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • scobie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • eggstar10
  • The Don
  • Locky24
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • broncoscope
  • GCBRONCO
  • simplythebest
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.