vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Broncos by a Milf field goal tonight.

Broncos by a Milf field goal tonight.
Won't be required. The Broncos will have broken them by halftime and will go in with a good lead. The second half they will build on that lead. There'll be a renewed sense of urgency now that the boys can see WestTigers headlights in their rear view mirror. Suddenly. not playing finals football has become a genuine concern and the recent complacency will be gone.

Won't be required. The Broncos will have broken them by halftime and will go in with a good lead. The second half they will build on that lead. There'll be a renewed sense of urgency now that the boys can see WestTigers headlights in their rear view mirror. Suddenly. not playing finals football has become a genuine concern and the recent complacency will be gone.

I hope you are right. I'll amend my prediction, Milf will kick a field goal either way. He used to kick them for practice even if it wasn't required to win.

I admire your optimism, but we haven't built on a half time lead in 4 years. More likely we'll get 2 tries ahead then hold on for dear life for the final 30 minutes.

We'll have to put up with this misery for 3 more years unless the new coach (who ever it is) dictate terms.
Fun fact if Boyd were to play every game under his current contract (75 games) he would finish up on 363 passing Lockyer's record of 355... maybe not so much a fun fact :nusenuse:

Fun fact if Boyd were to play every game under his current contract (75 games) he would finish up on 363 passing Lockyer's record of 355... maybe not so much a fun fact :nusenuse:

Oh God no! I don't want him to hang around that long. But difference is, Locky played for Broncos alone where as Boyd played for Broncos-Dragons-knights-Broncos.

Tonight comes the end of freaking Thursday night games for us. Absolutely hate these Thursday night games. How come we are made to play 4 Thursday games straight is so annoying to me. They could've mixed with other days. Nevertheless, not a concern after today.

If I am right, we don't fancy Thursday night & day games. Friday night/Sat night/Sunday 6PM games are our preferred times lots. Let's hope we get them in 2019.

This side has the talent to break every team in this competition. Harnessing it is the key issue - it hasn't been, and what that means is to harness talent is to instill desire, hunger and spirit into each player, to play for each other, to play for the jersey, to play for the club, the coach and the loyal fans who turn up every damn match to urge on their team.

This is what pisses me off the most. We have the ability to win. We seem not to have that desire to kill it every game.

Why?

This side has the talent to break every team in this competition. Harnessing it is the key issue - it hasn't been, and what that means is to harness talent is to instill desire, hunger and spirit into each player, to play for each other, to play for the jersey, to play for the club, the coach and the loyal fans who turn up every damn match to urge on their team.

This is what pisses me off the most. We have the ability to win. We seem not to have that desire to kill it every game.

Why?
It's not that we don't have the desire it's the fact the young ones find it extremely difficult to get themselves up for a hard slog week in week out. Being 'on' every week is a skill set that only comes through experience. That only comes through playing two or three seasons of NRL. Most of the rookies can get by primarily on enthusiasm, but that will only last for so long and then the opposition get to know your traits and your perceived weaknesses and it gets harder to make an impact. So for the moment the team seems to be running in a stop/start fashion. Those two weeks of 'resting' should see us fire up tonight.

It's not that we don't have the desire it's the fact the young ones find it extremely difficult to get themselves up for a hard slog week in week out. Being 'on' every week is a skill set that only comes through experience. That only comes through playing two or three seasons of NRL. Most of the rookies can get by primarily on enthusiasm, but that will only last for so long and then the opposition get to know your traits and your perceived weaknesses and it gets harder to make an impact. So for the moment the team seems to be running in a stop/start fashion. Those two weeks of 'resting' should see us fire up tonight.

Well, without entirely disagreeing with you, as you do make an important point about the motivational issues facing younger players at NRL level - the pressure cooker effect I call it - there are at the same time, a lot of younger players in other clubs who seem to have far less difficulty that ours do to rise to the occasion so to speak.

For mine, it comes down as always, to a mix of issues: coaching, and leadership on-field, which, for the latter is where we are so so sadly lacking.

Oh for a Hodges and Lockyer. We simply have nobody to step up to that leadership plate. It ought to be Boyd and Macca but, well, let's not go there ...

When the club called me to renew my membership, I cited this as one of the main reasons for me not renewing this year.

It's only a 4 game membership btw and tbh, I had no money at the time.....but they didn't need to know that.
I didn't renew my 4 game membership specifically because of the Thursday night games. Is a gee up.

Season tickets must be a hard sell when there are so many Thursday night games.

It's utter BS that the Broncos get penalised for being a popular side in a big market and have to play so many Thursday night home games.

If there is going to be Thursday night games for TV then the burden should be shared more evenly amongst the clubs.

Last edited:

Your current strike rate for prognostications is not good and you have lost the official Nostradamus title, but I hope you are right this time.

Well, without entirely disagreeing with you, as you do make an important point about the motivational issues facing younger players at NRL level - the pressure cooker effect I call it - there are at the same time, a lot of younger players in other clubs who seem to have far less difficulty that ours do to rise to the occasion so to speak.

For mine, it comes down as always, to a mix of issues: coaching, and leadership on-field, which, for the latter is where we are so so sadly lacking.

Oh for a Hodges and Lockyer. We simply have nobody to step up to that leadership plate. It ought to be Boyd and Macca but, well, let's not go there ...
You're not necessarily wrong but if being honest you'd have to acknowledge that you'd spend far far less time keeping an eye on younger players at other clubs than you do the ones you hold nearest. That way it might seem to be the case. It's a bit like the focus the media have on the sensational and 'bad' news which obliterates the good stuff or if you know it, the gorilla and the bouncing ball.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Spooky1013
  • Old Mate
  • Skyblues87
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.