PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I’m so over this team I couldn’t care less. It’s heart breaking. I’ve watched them since I was a kid with my dad but this year has really done it for me. Never have I ever been so annoyed or angry at the lack of comitment or desire that is shown every second week. I’m sick to death of seeing a try scored and Boyd just standing 2m away with his hands on his hips. I’m sick to death of dropped ball after dropped ball. I’m sick to death of the fucking ref’s just piggy backing other teams out of their own half. I’m more angry about the past two weeks then the 2015 grand final.

It saddens me to say this but I honestly hope we lose the next three games and either miss the finals or get belted the first week. It’s the only way we will see any change.

Living through the Henjack era and losing faith now is like being a character who survives an entire Friday the 13th movie, only to die by choking on a pretzel just before the final credits.

Would love to see TPJ at lock or prop. One thing we are missing is second phase footy, which is exactly what TPJ offers. We have some of the fastest players in the game yet they are underutilised.

he needs to sit out ... he is not right ATM

Well, as much as I am a savage critic of Knikorima, it's his defence and defensive reads of which I am critical. His attack is for mine by and large really good. Elusive, great hands, sees an opportunity well and is quick off the mark to take it, and works well with TPJ. He just needs to spend 7 days with Tunza, for the next 3 weeks learning how to read the play in defence and how to tackle
You could pencil in half the team for those sessions

As the Bunnies are about to have a massive ding dong with their arch rivals tonight, I think they may be a tad flat or even exhausted next week. Plus we have an extra day to recover. Last night there were some really good promising signs from our halves. The fact they were screaming at each other and going fully nuclear at times with the forwards means they give a shit. It also means they are now beginning to understand what has to be done and now have the confidence to bark orders at peope who are not following the game plan. Some may see it as disorgnisation, I see it as the early stages of the last piece of the evoutionary process of a great team coming together.

The ref's decisions are a given, we have had to fight against this since we came into the comp. the only difference back then was that we had a team full of mature superstars and were able to compensate for poor ref decisions by simply scoring more tries.

We're getting there folks, just give the young guys a bit more time. Milf has taken some time but he is slowly growing into a leader, and some of the young forwards will make great lieutenans for Gillo when he returns. I have to say I never missed Moose's stupid penalties or having to cringe as they take advantage of his eyesight and blindside him to break the line. Can we perhaps play him as an edge forward in defence so that he is at least able to protect his blind side a bit better.

Last edited:
As the Bunnies are about to have a massive ding dong with their arch rivals tonight, I think they may be a tad flat or even exhausted next week. Plus we have an extra day to recover. Last night there were some really good promising signs from our halves. The fact they were screaming at each other and going fully nuclear at times with the forwards means they give a shit. It also means they are now beginning to understand what has to be done and now have the confidence to bark orders at peope who are not following the game plan. Some may see it as disorgnisation, I see it as the early stages of the last piece of the evoutionary process of a great team coming together.

The ref's decisions are a given, we have had to fight against this since we came into the comp. the only difference back then was that we had a team full of mature superstars and were able to compensate for poor ref decisions by simply scoring more tries.

We're getting there folks, just give the young guys a bit more time. Milf has taken some time but he is slowly growing into a leader, and some of the young forwards will make great lieutenans for Gillo when he returns. I have to say I never missed Moose's stupid penalties or having to cringe as they take advantage of his eyesight and blindside him to break the line. Can we perhaps play him as an edge forward in defence so that he is at least able to protect his blind side a bit better.

WoW! What a measured and well thought out post. They're very rare around here.

Living through the Henjack era and losing faith now is like being a character who survives an entire Friday the 13th movie, only to die by choking on a pretzel just before the final credits.

Awesome analogy. Post credit scene - Jason turns out to be Wayne!

This won’t happen but I would like to see
1.Issako
2Boyd
3.Roberts
4.Shibaski
5.Oates
6.Milford
7.Dargan
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Glenn
11.Tpj
13.Mcguire
14.Niko
15.Sims
16.Thiaday
17.Fifita

This won’t happen but I would like to see
1.Issako
2Boyd
3.Roberts
4.Shibaski
5.Oates
6.Milford
7.Dargan
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Glenn
11.Tpj
13.Mcguire
14.Niko
15.Sims
16.Thiaday
17.Fifita
Shibadingdong can **** right off. Thought he was putrid last night. Where's Pearson?? Give Kahu a chance to redeem himself and run Staggs on the bench in case he shits the bed. Kodi will be there again because he is still the best option with Bird injured. I'd love Offa to hang onto the 13 and put Moose back up front.

As it stands we will score points, however, as it stands with the way we defend, or fail to defend, the Bunnies will score a whole lot more points. If our defence returns to scratch, this game is winnable provided the ruck doesn't let Cook through.

I have this view that the Bunnies are fragile mentally and when under the pump, they crack and leak points. Trouble is, so do we.

Well, as much as I am a savage critic of Knikorima, it's his defence and defensive reads of which I am critical. His attack is for mine by and large really good. Elusive, great hands, sees an opportunity well and is quick off the mark to take it, and works well with TPJ. He just needs to spend 7 days with Tunza, for the next 3 weeks learning how to read the play in defence and how to tackle

His attack is fine as a running 5/8 or fullback. Or a running bench 9. Main issue beyond reads in defence however is can’t kick. It’s not his fault he’s a 5/8 not a half that can compliment Milf.

Why do so many people want Dargan in the side? He isn't even playing as well as Murphy for a start. You can't be watching him play for North's.

@Jedhead I have to agree on McGuire. We hardly missed him last night did we? We still gave away way too many dumb penalties but it would've been even worse with him in the side.

We came up against a forward rotation of Scott, JT2 and McLean without McGuire and with an injured TPJ in the side and for the most part held our own. It's starting to look more and more like McGuire's only role left in this side is as a mindless hit up machine at Prop or nothing at all. Who'dve thunk it.

We're stuck with Nikorima for the remainder of the season, absolutely zero reason to shaft him now, it'll make us worse as a team and wouldn't be fair on whoever we replace him with. This is what I'm hoping for next week -

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. McGuire

14. Fifita
15. Sims
16. Carrigan
17. Thaiday

We just re-signed Opacic and we need someone with any ability to defend out there, don't see why he wouldn't get another shot. I also haven't been impressed with Mago in the slightest, keen to see what Carrigan can bring.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.