PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

there is a difference between not putting his body on the line and making poor judgements when defending a 1-on-1 situation
Well can he go do both in ISC or Super League for all I care.
I'd look past all that if he took a 500k paycut so that the club can retain Fifita.

Boyd not putting his body on the line for losses that i can think of:-
1.Storm, went for the Bromwich dummy
2.Dragons, went for McInnes dummy
3.Roosters, Tedesco strolling past whilst hands in the air at refs
4.Tigers, slide for thin air while MCK ran past
5.Souths, let Walker pluck the ball from under his nose twice
6.Titans, stepped by Roberts

Where we lost as a direct result of Boyd not putting his body on the line.

There is only one game and that's the Tigers game.

The other losses there were many factors as to why we lost.

You've missed the point.
If we're just after someone who can defend at the back we may as well put Isaako there. Milford isn't coming from reserve grade to replace Boyd, for him to replace Boyd, we lose our 5/8, that's my point, not whether saving tries is a valuable thing to have or not. It's a trade off and it's not a trade off I'm a fan of. It reeks like a desperate defence of Boyd rather than a genuine interest in naming our best 1-17.

If we're throwing out old cliches you don't weaken one position to strengthen another.

That all sounds well and good but the reality is that we haven't seen the best out of Milford at fullback yet. Maybe we should reserve judgement until then? I know I will be.

I have a sneaking suspicion Paix might force his way into this side by round 1 next year.

I’m curious to see if SoS sticks around for all of next season if he isn’t starting in the halves, provided Milford is still at fullback and Boyd is at centre/retirement.

Lodge and Jess are here long-term(ish) now, how much that plays a part in him staying I don’t know. I don’t think he deserves to be in reserve grade for another season

Is it just me? Call me crazy but I think Gillett shouldn't be rushed back. Why not put him in cotton wool until next season, or even give him a few weeks in Q Cup to get some match fitness and confidence back?

Is it just me? Call me crazy but I think Gillett shouldn't be rushed back. Why not put him in cotton wool until next season, or even give him a few weeks in Q Cup to get some match fitness and confidence back?

If both gillet and Boyd were to retire, would it be so bad?

$$

We're running out of cotton wool for Gillett to be wrapped in.

That all sounds well and good but the reality is that we haven't seen the best out of Milford at fullback yet. Maybe we should reserve judgement until then? I know I will be.

We are in a position where we can't afford to wait for Milford to adjust to the role.

Milford was improving when he had a proper halfback next to him so I don't see any reason why he should remain at fullback.

We need his kicking game, we need him to be more involved in the attack and we need Boyd to unleash our left side because no one else in the side seems to know how to.

We are in a position where we can't afford to wait for Milford to adjust to the role.

Milford was improving when he had a proper halfback next to him so I don't see any reason why he should remain at fullback.

We need his kicking game, we need him to be more involved in the attack and we need Boyd to unleash our left side because no one else in the side seems to know how to.
I probably wouldn't be upset if we had Boyd in the centre, Milf back to 5/8 with SoS and Isaako at fullback. I think that's probably the best solution. Bright'n'breezy on the wing too.

I probably wouldn't be upset if we had Boyd in the centre, Milf back to 5/8 with SoS and Isaako at fullback. I think that's probably the best solution. Bright'n'breezy on the wing too.
I don’t know about Isaako at FB.. Kick returns would be valuable but ball playing seems to be his downfall. I wasn’t too impressed with his stint at the back, although it was pretty limited.

Mate Milf is overrated in the five eigth role by too many. My biggest gripe with him in the 6 is his inconsistency. When he is in form he is one of the best players in the comp, unfortunately he only does that for periods each season (tends tp be the backend of the season, which is a positive). The rest of the time he can be fairly average and unorganised.

These periods highlight his defencive deficiencies unfortunately. He is heavily targeted and sometimes a liability. His kicking game has improved dramatically and his defence somewhat. But I struggle to pinpoint other areas I have seen improvement, if anything he might have gone backwards e.g his running game.

I would say give him a season at fullback with good organising halves and if he doesn't earn his paycheck I would either not resign him or re-negotiate a more appropriate contract.
l

I reckon milf will light it up next season after a full pre-season at FB.

And in the pre-season is when he should make the move.

But for now, we're not better off with him at fullback. It's taking him time to adjust to the role, probably because he hasn't played it in 4 years, and it's affecting our attack and ability to build pressure in the process because he isn't getting involved as much and our kicking game is worse off.

Not only that, but our most potent strike weapon is currently kicking stones on the wing because Milford doesn't know how to use our left side from fullback. However, Boyd does.

As I said before, we aren't in a position where we can allow Milford time to adjust to the fullback role.

Milf is our current best option at fullback. There is no argument to make. We can point out run meters ect and left side potency all we want. But the reality is that milf is still doing a hell of a lot of kicking and playmaking. So the right side is now getting more quality ball. So what our current best centre is on the right and Isaacko is looking to be coming into form. So we get tries down the right now how is that an issue. Nothing stops Boyd running the left side sweep as a 6. Nothing at all. Milf could just distribute the ball as if he was playing half. Footy is footy. Nothing is set in concrete.

People get to fixated on the position and how it should be played. To say milf cant be the best fullback because he isn't tedseco or RTS is silly. Milf ofcourse would not be if he tried to play their style. No he needs to use his natural ability to play his game. His was always a crisp speed/flare based running game with some of the cuff passing and kicking. He is a different player to them. With his kicking and passing game he as every chance of putting it together with his running game. He could literally become a very dynamic weapon from 1. Arguably he could end up offering just as much as any 1 going around.

Once the balance of our spine is fixed and our guys can get some consistency within their roles, I expect the true nature of this team to become apparent. It's actually very exciting to me. I think i can see what Seibs is doing and it has a hell of a lot of promise.

Hate to break it to you guys but Milford isn't a good Half, he has a good kicking game but that is it, he has a higher ceiling at Fullback, it just looks like the wrong move now because we have no halves options but the way I see it we might make the 8 this year but we are not winning anything so why not give him more experience in the role leading into next year.

Hate to break it to you guys but Milford isn't a good Half, he has a good kicking game but that is it, he has a higher ceiling at Fullback, it just looks like the wrong move now because we have no halves options but the way I see it we might make the 8 this year but we are not winning anything so why not give him more experience in the role leading into next year.

If we beat Souths on the weekend, our season is very alive.

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.