PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Surely this is mostly on Shiba than Boyd. Boyd wouldn't have to come across the gap created by Shiba running up. I struggle to think of a left centre that Oates hasn't had to cover for. Jack Reed was good up until his shoulder failed him. Jack Bird is good when he isn't injured.At any rate that try isn't even remotely on Oates.

No it's not on Oates. Oates did, as you rightly say, what he had to because of the poor defensive reads by Shiba and Fifita

The problem however remains: how to tighten the edge defence given the lapses in defence by the newbies which have, and will be, exploited by the better sides and will cost us the game. Answer? Along with some good coaching, bring in Glenn and Gillo.

Last edited:
I'm putting it mainly on Shiba... I think he overcommitted on Whare opening up the hole for Too, and then didn't react at all to try and cover the hole he created when the inside ball was always going to happen.

Darius left a massive gap on the inside. That's why he went that way.
Because they were short and 9 times out of 10 it goes to the winger to score in the corner, that's why both milf and boyd were coming over in support. The inside men need to cover that and Fifita was there, he just made a sloppy effort.

Maloney created a 2-on-1 with his pass because Shibasaki was asleep. Boyd had to come across and then To'o decides to come back on the inside as Boyd is coming across.

At that point, it was up to Fifita to plug the hole. He doesn't.

Several players get the blame, not just Boyd. To put that try on Boyd alone is just fucking ridiculous.
My original point is tackling stats don't tell the whole story: when players haven't positioned themselves to even make an attempt, and when they've busted their guts trying to cover someone else's mistake.

Well we definitely aren't winning this game now.

At least that makes the selection process a little easier..

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Glenn
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Boyd
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. Ofahengaue

14. Segeyaro
15. Kennedy / Shibasaki / Perese
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

They are both total dickheads who put their damn egos ahead of the team's best interests.
Turps doesn't seem like the type that would have a huge ego. In fact, in some of the interviews I've seen him in, he seems as humble as they come. TPJ is an X factor player and when it comes off, it usually leads to a win. Take out his aggression and his effectiveness will then be stymied. I hope he never changes.

Chalk up a win then. You must be terrible in tipping pools.

😂

Fight the charge and win and the nrl has already had the effect they wanted by disrupting our preparation massively.

The courier mail today there was 4 pages dedicated to afl, 2 straight after the back page. I have seen more afl gear on people (not just the lions) in brisbane then I ever have before.

Someone was wondering why the crowd was so small the other. I can only talk for myself on this but I didn't go because of this. Look at the nrl lately. It's corrupt. Big time. It's turning away more people then it is gaining by turning a blind eye to the bs of Melbourne and by punishing popular clubs consistently. It's become VERY VERY SAD. they are killing the sport I love

Fight the charge and win and the nrl has already had the effect they wanted by disrupting our preparation massively.

The courier mail today there was 4 pages dedicated to afl, 2 straight after the back page. I have seen more afl gear on people (not just the lions) in brisbane then I ever have before.

Someone was wondering why the crowd was so small the other. I can only talk for myself on this but I didn't go because of this. Look at the nrl lately. It's corrupt. Big time. It's turning away more people then it is gaining by turning a blind eye to the bs of Melbourne and by punishing popular clubs consistently. It's become VERY VERY SAD. they are killing the sport I love
It will pass. Everyone in Brisbane liked AFL when the Lions were winning premierships. I'm a fairweather AFL fan too, just not the lions.

It will pass. Everyone in Brisbane liked AFL when the Lions were winning premierships. I'm a fairweather AFL fan too, just not the lions.
It will pass just like before... But how many do you think will come back to the nrl in its current state? I have to admit, if I didn't mind the sport (I don't, it's shit), I would have changed a long time ago. Afl has similar shit with the giants and the sun's for a bit but it seems to have levelled out. The storm have a different set of rules to the rest of the comp for more than 10 fucking years! AFTER CHEATING!!

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Maroon4life
  • Fitzy
  • marw
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • MrRobot
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • The Don
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • BroncosMan
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.