PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

100%. The Storm have done **** all positive for the game but have introduced an ugly, ugly side of wrestling tactics based around hurting opposition players. Their coach continually pushes the limits and the NRL lauds him as a great for it. After McKinnon was paralysed for life in a tackle which was absolutely foreseeable given the Storm's tactics they had an opportunity to do something to improve the game. And what happened? Sweet **** all. I'm rugby league to the core but jeez the governing body makes it difficult some times.

Last edited:
I love AFL and if I lived in Brisbane, I’d happily go to see the Lions instead of the Broncos because of two reasons - 1. AFL is Better live than on tv and 2. It is sooooooooo far in front of the NRL in terms of professionalism and at least attempting to be fair it isn’t funny, it’s actually really, really sad.

Last edited:
It will pass. Everyone in Brisbane liked AFL when the Lions were winning premierships. I'm a fairweather AFL fan too, just not the lions.

And this is the problem, the people that actually make the important decisions seem to think his way as well. As more kids in Qld and NSW are exposed to AFL at grassroots level and on tv, which they are, the more they will grow up with both sports. The NRL doesn’t have a monopoly on Qld and NSW anymore and over time, the stupid current view of many fans that’s AFL is soft, etc will erode and the amateurishness of the NRL will be its slow death.

Last edited:
I love AFL and if I lived in Brisbane, I’d happily go to see the Lions instead of the Broncos because of two reasons - 1. AFL is Better live than on tv and 2. It is sooooooooo far in front of the NRL in terms of professionalism and at least attempting to be fair it isn’t funny, it’s actually really, really sad.

At the end of the day AFL is still shit but.

100%. The Storm have done **** all positive for the game but have introduced an ugly, ugly side of wrestling tactics based around hurting opposition players. Their coach continually pushes the limits and the NRL lauds him as a great for it. After McKinnon was paralysed for life in a tackle which was absolutely foreseeable given the Storm's tactics they had an opportunity to do something to improve the game. And what happened? Sweet **** all. I'm rugby league to the core but jeez the governing body makes it difficult some times.
Yes, unfortunately in many people's eyes the storm are seen as the benchmark of perfectly executed set moves (I am guilty of this) rather than what you mentioned mate.

It frustrates me that people even admit the AFL is run better and more fair than the NRL.

Rugby League is the greatest game of all and should be the #1 spectacle in our country but the way it's run and the decisions being made are very unprofessional. No leadership.

This has to change.

Last edited:
They are both total dickheads who put their damn egos ahead of the team's best interests.
Agree that they are dickheads for the incidents but not in general. The suspensions will hurt us big time. The only plus is that we should now play a geniune half.

TPJ to miss 4-5wks
Turps to miss 2wks

How good are the NRL.
fkn hell.

They couldn't sink our season last night so they'll do it on Monday. I really dunno how much more of this current administration I can tolerate to be honest. The game is going backwards at 100k's an hour under this rabble.

Shaun Lane got a fine for having an "unidentified white substance" in a video...

I feel like the criteria to get a job in the nrl top office is that you sit in a padded room and don't associate with the outside world for 5 years. Their ability to ethically and morally reason seems to be massively askew with the rest of society. Lane's not hurting anyone sure, but are large reason they are supposedly clamping down on player safety (when it suits them and doesn't include the storm) is so that it encourages mums and dad's to let their kids play rugby league....

Have I got parenting way off or something? There's no hiding rugby league is a contact sport, but people have died in soccer, people die in motorsports, or action/extreme sports, there's paraplegics from downhill winter sports and more in union then league I'm sure. It's very, very minimal and a part of life that your child is at risk playing sports, just like when they cross a road or go to school. Id think ppl send their kids to a sport they enjoy playing with a good culture where they can bond, make friends and grow as a person.

Seeing a tackle gone wrong at professional level may be hard to watch but it won't change any of those things. Seeing nrl players constantly get done for wife beating or doing drugs will steer much more ppl away from letting my kid play rugby league a lot more...

Yet, we have TPJ sitting out 5 weeks and Lane getting a fucking fine that's probably half of one weeks wage for a minimum wage nrl player...

Last edited:
I think Glenn not getting a decent contract might make him part ways with us, he might not be selectable as he need keep himself fit for his future club. I’m not questioning his ethics but it’s what people do when money and family involved.

I don’t think throwing Gillet back to this game is good for him but might be good for clubs future plan.

1, Milford
2, Oates
3, Staggs
4, Shibasaki
5, Isaako
6, Boyd
7, SOS
8, Lodge
9, Macca
10, Haas
11, Fifita
12, Gillet
13, Joffa

14, Segeyaro
15, Flegler
16, Carrigan
17, Perese

Ego’s?? How did they do that?

Egos? Means showing off, and putting themselves ahead of the team, careless, reckless, not thinking. Every player ought to know how the NRL reacts to attacking the head of an opposing player whether or not it hurts or harms. You just don' do it

Egos? Means showing off, and putting themselves ahead of the team, careless, reckless, not thinking. Every player ought to know how the NRL reacts to attacking the head of an opposing player whether or not it hurts or harms. You just don' do it

How the **** were they showing off? They were playing aggressive and went a little over board (in Turpins case, there’s sfa in TPJ’s) it has nothing to do with ego

Thinking Milf gets a fine (Maloney got suspended for repeat infringements).
Turps grade 1... the guy didn't even go off for a HIA
TPJ will be in trouble... not a classic Storm cheating ***** crusher, but they will crack down, because NRL
Called it

I think Glenn not getting a decent contract might make him part ways with us, he might not be selectable as he need keep himself fit for his future club. I’m not questioning his ethics but it’s what people do when money and family involved.

I don’t think throwing Gillet back to this game is good for him but might be good for clubs future plan.

1, Milford
2, Oates
3, Staggs
4, Shibasaki
5, Isaako
6, Boyd
7, SOS
8, Lodge
9, Macca
10, Haas
11, Fifita
12, Gillet
13, Joffa

14, Segeyaro
15, Flegler
16, Carrigan
17, Perese

1. Glenn is too much of a professional to sit out in case he needs to move on

2. Glenn staying on the sidelines would not look good to potential future clubs, possibly lowering any future contract offer

3. The Broncos won't give a shit about protecting a rival clubs potential future investment. while the will ensure his welfare is looked after, if he is fit to play he will be selected.

They are both total dickheads who put their damn egos ahead of the team's best interests.
Egos? Means showing off, and putting themselves ahead of the team, careless, reckless, not thinking.

We've got Sigmund Freud over here.

Pretty sure Turpin is just highly aggressive and sometimes aggression + adrenaline will cause a player to take things too far. Probably forgot he wasn't playing Q-Cup for a second too where you've just gotta make sure the referees don't see anything.

We've got Sigmund Freud over here.

Pretty sure Turpin is just highly aggressive and sometimes aggression + adrenaline will cause a player to take things too far. Probably forgot he wasn't playing Q-Cup for a second too where you've just gotta make sure the referees don't see anything.

The doctor is in ...

I don't give a shit about justifications for aggression and adrenaline when it screws the team. It means in theory that we will have 1 or 2 players sin binned every time they play? That's good?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.