Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Lol @ Wayne making the 'hard' decisions people are begging for. This would most likely be a 2019 Wayne coached side at full fitness:
1. Boyd (C)
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Niko
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. TPJ
11. Gillett
12. Glenn
13. McGuire
14. Staggs
15. Haas
16. Offa
17. Fifita/ Su'a

Don’t remind us of the team that got pumped out of the finals by the dragons at Suncorp. Nikorima at halfback was one of the worst projects ever

So this was after the 'baby Broncos' game against Wests? I don't recall 2010 being a particulalrly young side.

As a one off, the game against Cronulla came awfully close. However in terms of a general line-up across the season, I believe the 2010 Broncos were considered the bench-mark. I'll do a quick comparison for you, with both teams and the games they had played prior to the season.

2010 Brisbane Broncos
1. Josh Hoffman - 22 Years - 6 Games
2. Antonio Winterstein - 22 Years - 27 Games
3. Israel Folau - 21 Years - 71 Games
4. Alex Glenn - 22 Years - 26 Games
5. Jharal Yow Yeh - 21 Years - 14 Games
6. Darren Lockyer - 33 Years - 315 Games
7. Peter Wallace - 24 Years - 64 Games
8. Shane Tronc - 28 Years - 125 Games
9. Andrew McCullough - 20 Years - 29 Games
10. Nick Kenny - 28 Years - 67 Games
11. Sam Thaiday - 25 Years - 105 Games
12. Ben Te'o - 23 Years - 54 Games
13. Corey Parker - 28 Years - 193 Games

14. Ben Hunt - 20 Years - 2 Games
15. Matt Gillett - 22 Years - 0 Games
16. Mitchell Dodds - 21 Years - 0 Games
17. Scott Anderson - 24 Years - 28 Games

Average Age: 23.7 Years (24)
Total Games: 1126

2019 Brisbane Broncos
1. Darius Boyd - 32 Years - 292 Games
2. Corey Oates - 25 Years - 120 Games
3. Kotoni Staggs - 21 Years - 9 Games
4. Alex Glenn - 31 Years - 238 Games
5. Jamayne Isaako - 23 Years - 26 Games
6. Anthony Milford - 25 Years - 143 Games
7. Jake Turpin - 23 Years - 2 Games
8. Matt Lodge - 24 Years - 37 Games
9. Andrew McCullough - 29 Years - 236 Games
10. Payne Haas - 20 Years - 3 Games
11. David Fifita - 19 Years - 11 Games
12. Matt Gillett - 31 Years - 183 Games
13. Tevita Pangai Jr - 23 Years - 54 Games

14. James Segeyaro - 28 Years - 140 Games
15. Joe Ofahengaue - 24 Years - 70 Games
16. Patrick Carrigan - 21 Years - 0 Games
17. Thomas Flegler - 20 Years - 0 Games

Average Age: 24.64 (25)
Total Games: 1564

So not quite as inexperienced as back then.

I'm all for a bit of aggro and handbags, but what Roberts did was essentially assualt. It's embarrassing for the game. It wasn't even during the original tackle, he went out of his way to do it and it's completely unnecessary.

There's playing hard, and then there's being a complete cockhead.

What a fucking turnip.

****, woke up and the first thought was last nights game. I don't give a **** about the cat fighting between Souths and the Broncos, I just wanted the two points and a bit of a safety buffer. Our fates still in our hands but sadly I have to admit we can't do anything in the finals.

We might develop a bit more combination with a healthy SOS but Boydy just isn't doing enough at 5/8. That dying on the fifth last night gutted me and a pass or kick had to happen and didn't.

We also couldn't seem to get a ruck penalty for the bulk of the match and I have to put that down to poor reffing. Souths aren't perfect yet nothing was noticed.

Seibold hasn't convinced me that he can or has modernized our attack and love him or hate him, WB overcame the loss of his biggest and best big boys. Bennetball wins again. **** him ha ha

Take Cook out of the team and you have an ordinary team. Notwithstanding Walker and Reynolds, experienced and quality halves, we only lost by 2. Says a lot for the Broncos, especially when we get a decent 5/8 and, hopefully a better 9

Bennetball? Um, no.

Proud of our performance last night. 2 months ago if we went 22-8 down we would have capitulated. At the end of the day we lost by a penalty and some superb goal line defence at the end. Down side is that we have no structure and our tries are either instinct or pure brilliance. Also offloads killed us last night. Plus poor officials missing Jets clear knock on when he goes full length and then they get a pen and shortly afterwards a try. That poor decision cost us the game. Will still make 8th with 2 wins so all is not lost.
I have yet to review the knock on but the fact Jimmy seemed to be in two minds about going for the try tells me he thought he knocked it on.

It was the same old story in the NRl. One team seems to get penalties in important field position or when they need a hand out of trouble. Often resulting in a swing of momentum. The other gets them only for things that can't be ignored.

At the end of the day we had our chances to win the game and couldn't make it happen. Comes down to not having those players on the field to make the clutch plays. Boyds doing his best and thats obvious, but sadly he just doesn't have what we need at this point of his career. I can say the same for Macca.

Our spine needs more threats. Souths have that, they are able to carry the inexperienced fullback because they have a world class kicker at 7, silky 6 and electric 9 who offers speed and another playmaking/kicking option at 9.

We only lost by a penalty so we have the points in us. Once we fix the spine this team will blow up and will be terrifying for other teams. Just imagine having Cooper on our team last night.

Seibs will be a success or failure purely on his ability to work out our spine. The hardest thing is he has a couple of puzzle pieces glued to the coffee table that have blurry images and deformed edges. He has two options try and jam the new pieces into them or throw out the coffe table and buy a new board.

We do need to move Boyd out of 5/8. I want either Isaako or Tagatese! Ok, Isaako then ha

I'm all for a bit of aggro and handbags, but what Roberts did was essentially assualt. It's embarrassing for the game. It wasn't even during the original tackle, he went out of his way to do it and it's completely unnecessary.

There's playing hard, and then there's being a complete cockhead.

What a fucking turnip.

Same with sua’s forearm. That was pure intent and not even close to what you call completing a tackle. TPJs was at least a proper way of wrapping your arms to hold someone down to complete a tackle.

Roberts Grade 2 dangerous contact head/neck = 2-3 weeks

Su’A a fine + carryovers
Giphy

So bitter ex players both use forarms to the head and they don’t consider that pre meditated? I feel like the broncos as an organisation need to call out the nrl brass and just go to town! Fucking bring on super league 2.0

Do you know what hasnt been mentioned about roberts dogshot on oates? 4 officials onfield and a multi-million dollar bunker did not see the incident. Cummins didnt indicate it when checking with the video ref, they stopped it as soon as he lost it in the replay and they were on their way back to the 20 restart.

It was only when the channel 9 broadcast requested the replay to continue that they saw it, and then acted.

That a broadcast commentry team has better game awareness is a disgrace. Again, another officiating lowlight in 2019.
I'm pretty sure Cummins said to check the put down and also check what happened afterwards.

The vid ref only ended up checking the grounding and Cummins called him back and said what happened after the tackle.

The joke is that they were too piss weak to send off a player after he forearmed a guy in the back of the head whilst he was on the ground... I guess that is also necessary contact to the head 😒😒😒

So disappointed - we could have easily won that game. Poor service from the usual culprits Boyd and McC ..please god let these two get out of our team at the end of this season. They have been a millstone around our necks for the past 5 years. I disagree with some on Milford not being worth big bucks... yes at the moment with our attack depending mostly on the crappy two Milford does not have the service from the 6 and 9 to work his magic.. give him a decent Half, Five eight and Hooker and you will see the real Milford. As long as we have Boyd in any 'back position and captain and McC at hooker we will NOT get a GF.

If we somehow make it to the Semi Final, keep the side as is and put TPJ at 6 Boyd is useless.
I think that's a fantastic idea. Clearly, Siebs has to think outside the box. I'm wondering if he could take a leaf out of Wayne Bennett's book and pull a few positional changes. I'm thinking of how successful it was when the Mad Old Rooter moved Thaiday into the 9 jersey. Dump Macca and give Alex Glenn a run at dummy half. A spine of 1. Milf 6. TPJ 7. SoS and 9. Glenn has real potential to my way of thinking.

Upon further reflection of last nights game, it;s still very very disappointing.

It's disappointing because we simply weren't up for it. If you break the game down in pieces and analyse it, we weren't up for it.

That 1st half, we lacked energy and enthusiasm. Every set the Souths forwards would gain extra yardage with their leg drive, we couldn't take them down or completely stop them from going forward. They were offloading alot and dominating the ruck all game. Us on the other hand looked sluggish, had no real energy. We improved in the 2nd half. We didn't execute most plays, Oates dropping the ball over the line, Boyd not diving low to score, Isaako knocking on when we had Souths on the ropes, giving away silly penalties etc. The fact is when the game was on the line, they scored back to back tries and broke us. Best thing we could do was push and shove, get frustrated and try to physically fight them but that just shows psychologically and mentally they won and excuses can be made, we are a young team etc but this is the difference between us and the premiership contenders - we aren't on their level yet.

It was a great effort to fight back and I'm proud of that, I really am and I liked how we all bought in once they put a shot on Glenn but playing footy wins games, not putting a shot on someone's chin. We need to control our aggression.

So, I'm still disappointed because our season is on the line and we didn't get the job done but I'm more disappointed in our effort, energy and enthusiasm in that 1st half and some of the 2nd half. I don't mind losing but our season is on the line and we start the game complacent. How can we be out enthused?

But let's move on. Eels next week.

Had we won, it would have probably been similar I dare say.
A winning dressing room will always look better then the losing shed.
Be surprised if Seibs ever rocks the room this hard.
[automerge]1566627155[/automerge]
Go **** yourself Roberts you disgusting piece of shit. I'm ashamed that you were ever a part of this club.
I expect he'll be sitting out the rest of the season, especially if they watch a bit more of the match. Check out the first tackle here:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.