Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Little surprise some people on here use this loss to bash the coach. If you can't see the improvement in this team your only seeing what you want to see. To come back and almost win a game like that was not even possible two months ago. Do I agree with everything the coach is doing maybe not. But do I know the exact framework of how everything works no and I am not going to pretend I do. Not everything is just as easy as we think it is at home on our couches.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do there is absolutely no denying it. The number one issue is the spine and there is no way in hell Seibs doesn't know it. Hopefully we can make the finals and go as far as we can. In the off season I predict a lot of work will go into this team and we will see some major improvements. This years off season was a complete shitshow and to dismiss it as a factor on a young team is just playing the fool. I still feel the fruit will ripen around 2021-22.

Roberts and Sua are fucking grubs and both deserve to be sitting out 3-5 wks for their disgusting displays of foul play. I won't hold my fucking breath but with how things are going with the NRL, they will likely end up paying a fine and playing on.

We got two penalties tonight not counting the two forced hands from the above dog shots to their 5. Souths were offside most of the night and Cook is a borderline quarter back with the amount of forward passes he is allowed to throw.

Finally can somebody please tell me if on live tv Roberts knocked it on or not, as
at the stadium it really looked like Roberts knocked that ball on before his break. ]]
I was at 5he stadium and had a clear view. It looked like Glenn dived back and knocked the ball back with his finger tips not Roberts

Be surprised if Seibs ever rocks the room this hard.
[automerge]1566627155[/automerge]

I expect he'll be sitting out the rest of the season, especially if they watch a bit more of the match. Check out the first tackle here:

Yup, Offa was on the ground with a hand on him = tackled. That's a penalty any day of the week, especially considering the soft 'flop' penalties we copped...but no, we would have squared it up, can't have that...

Also wtf was the go with the last set of the game? One of the refs called penalty twice when Sutton was refusing to play the ball, yet we never got one? I hate saying we got stitched up, but the last 2 weeks is really testing my faith in the 'level playing field' of the NRL.

Yup, Offa was on the ground with a hand on him = tackled. That's a penalty any day of the week, especially considering the soft 'flop' penalties we copped...but no, we would have squared it up, can't have that...

Also wtf was the go with the last set of the game? One of the refs called penalty twice when Sutton was refusing to play the ball, yet we never got one? I hate saying we got stitched up, but the last 2 weeks is really testing my faith in the 'level playing field' of the NRL.

I think that was a Souths player calling penalty. Sutton seemed to think they had received one.

I expect he'll be sitting out the rest of the season, especially if they watch a bit more of the match. Check out the first tackle here:

How this wasn't a penalty in step with the others that have been given in the NRL recently i will not know.

I’m really disappointed, not so much by this game - it was a great game and to be honest I don’t mind losing in a great game - but I’m disappointed by the NRL. As a few have stated, it’s just so poorly run and blatantly bias that it’s becoming hard to watch. The whole thing is rotten and it’s killing my favorite sport.

I disagree with your disagreement. Decades ago (and much more recently) play went on around injured players until play went near them... injured with the ball, roll aside and give it to someone else. Injured in defenece was play on... there was no incentive to fake injury. However now, knowing that if you lay down the refs have no choice but to stop play means its an easy way for play to be stopped by a struggling defence, ala Reynolds last night. If this is how its going to be because of duty of care, then protocols need to be introduced that force prone players off the field and burn interchanges. For me its becoming a real issue in the game and needs to be sorted... commentators whinge about reducing interchange to increase fatigue are really missing this as a genuine fatigue killer.
As for that last souths set, its just fucking bullshit.... Teams spend the whole game to play the ball as fast as they can, then that deliberate shit just stinks... not just this game, plenty of others the same. No idea how you fix that one but its fucking ugly and needs addressing.

Your are 100% right, it was handled better in the past but fact is players have still been trying it on for ages.

The fact that play is stopped at the drop of a hat these days would be to do with the big push on player welfare. Which, like it or not is probably fair enough. Perhaps we should go back to the trainer asking for play to be stopped, and if they do it should be an automatic interchange, to deter the disruption we get at the moment.

Roberts getting a max of three weeks for deliberately dropping an elbow on the head of a prone player while TPJ got five weeks for a legitimate tackle attempt. Wish I could say I was surprised but.....

And we’d be on 14 wins instead of 10

And still Leaking over 25 points a game without the gains of youth this season. You’ll like Seibold one day broncsgoat ...And while he’s still coaching us ....I can feel it in my bones :)

And still Leaking over 25 points a game without the gains of youth this season. You’ll like Seibold one day broncsgoat ...And while he’s still coaching us ....I can feel it in my bones :)

well all of that is just nonsense.

Roberts has to miss the rest of the season. TPJ is for a supposed "crusher" tackle with inccidental or even accidental contact with the head. Roberts has deliberately attacked the head of a prone player who is semi-councious and subsequently fails his HIA. Sua at least can say it was in the process of making a tackle, but roberts is just plain ugly. Both should see time on the side lines but Roberts shouldn't play another game this year.

Hope we run into them first week of the finals. It'll only be a few weeks, at the team who loses always seems to lift when the re-match is that close. Like us vs the Roosters.

Roberts has to miss the rest of the season. TPJ is for a supposed "crusher" tackle with inccidental or even accidental contact with the head. Roberts has deliberately attacked the head of a prone player who is semi-councious and subsequently fails his HIA. Sua at least can say it was in the process of making a tackle, but roberts is just plain ugly. Both should see time on the side lines but Roberts shouldn't play another game this year.
John Sutton has claimed that there wasn't much in it, "it's just footy"

Disappointed that the boys didn’t run in on Roberts after that shot on Offa. Not because it was grubby but because the smart players know that’s how you get a penalty awarded.

If Seggy kicks up a stink and starts pushing Roberts there, we get a penalty for sure. James Maloney, Michael Ennis, Cam Smith - these guys all would’ve known how to get a penalty out of that.

Disappointed that the boys didn’t run in on Roberts after that shot on Offa. Not because it was grubby but because the smart players know that’s how you get a penalty awarded.

If Seggy kicks up a stink and starts pushing Roberts there, we get a penalty for sure. James Maloney, Michael Ennis, Cam Smith - these guys all would’ve known how to get a penalty out of that.

Because we’re the good guys and we don’t wrestle.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.