Round 23 - Bulldogs vs. Broncos - Build Up Thread

Haha, driving down to this... can't wait! :glare:

My fantasy team will have Inu as kicker this week, so go Bulldogs.

well the poor attitude cant continue this week thats for sure. i daresay for the last three weeks the majority of team just turns up expecting to get the points, and we get found out as players just arent making the effort. you can see theres only a handful of players really putting in.

then theres wallace running around with no real clue but as if he wont be picked in the #7 again this week

feck it. i've decided already we will beat the dogs.

bet we'll turn up at least

well the poor attitude cant continue this week thats for sure. i daresay for the last three weeks the majority of team just turns up expecting to get the points, and we get found out as players just arent making the effort. you can see theres only a handful of players really putting in.

then theres wallace running around with no real clue but as if he wont be picked in the #7 again this week

This. No-one has a clue on how to deal with the loss of Lockyer. No-one. At least yet.

Wallace is playing shit and I am about sick of him but he really isn't the biggest problem in our side at the moment. Hopefully Normans groin keeps out of the Bulldogs match so we can see how Hunt and Wallace go for a whole match. Hunt looked quite creative in his stint and will only improve given more opportunities IMO.

wallace is definitely a big problem. (in attack) we had plenty of opportunities in the first half an hour or so. we were generally all over the raiders yet wallace ran into trouble time after time. im sorry but he is the halfback and should be putting together better options than that or at least guiding the play to some degree. the first time we ignored wallace we scored down the left through a good sharp ball from hunt.

once again hoffman copped a high shot early (from some actual support play) and he went missing for a while after that.

i mean we could really do with a few things to just go our way. nothing seems to. i dont know what it is but even when we make half backs we just cant convert them into anything worthwhile and i think that could just be confidence.

He is a big problem but he isn't the biggest. Attitude is easily our worst enemy right now. Followed by injury then halves I would say

1. Beale
2. Hoffman
3. Whitchurch
4. Reed
5. Maranta
6. Capewell
7. Hunt
8. Civo
9. McCullough
10. Hannant
11. McGuire
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Dodds
15. Frei
16. Lui
17. Baptise

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Maranta
6. Hunt
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10.McGuire
11.Gillett
12.Thaiday
13.Parker

14. Te'o
15. Dodds
16. Petero
17. Baptiste

Isn't Hodges out for another 3 weeks?

At this stage I'm almost tempted to suggest plucking Dane Carlaw out of QLD cup!

Isn't Hodges out for another 3 weeks?

At this stage I'm almost tempted to suggest plucking Dane Carlaw out of QLD cup!

Should be back but you could be right.

Been looking forward to this one all year, its a shame we only get to play you guys once.. Hope the Broncs can play like they did before Origin, will be a cracker.

Harby

Hope your team are gentle with us.

We are very delicate ATM.

The Dogs, like the Storm, are entirely predictable, it's just that they do it so damn well and fast that it's so hard to defend. but it's possible. If we defended as well as we did early in the season, then I think we could contain both benchmark sides in this comp.

Trouble is, as a few of us observed about Rounds 6-8, there seems to be serious worries with our attack. So in simple terms, they will flog us, even if our defence turns up.

We just don't have the points in us, with this roster, coached the way it is, to trouble the Dogs.

Having said that, we will win by 12

I'm going to watch them train this week and show them how to tackle around the legs.

Haha, it writes itself doesn't it? 2006 round 24 was when we turned the corner, after a 5 five game losing streak we defeated the Bulldogs. Its only natural thats whats going to happen here.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • Waynesaurus
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Stix
  • abashii
  • Skathen
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.