PRE-GAME [Round 24, 2021] Sharks v Broncos

Kevin Walters:

“Jordan Riki rolled his ankle in a training drill so Brendan Piakura is on standby. About 40 per cent chance Jordan will play. If you can’t run the day before a game, it makes it a bit difficult. We will see how Jordy goes on Saturday and if he is out, Brendan will play."

“Brendan has had a few injury setbacks this year. He is a player with a lot of talent, we have a lot of belief in what Brendan can bring for us, but he hasn’t had the opportunities with injuries and Covid affected the Intrust Super Cup competition. We are comfortable with where Brendan is at, we know he will be a really good player for us ... he is one for the future.”

“We want to finish on a good note and hopefully it sets up a good season for us next year. The Sharks will be desperate to win, their season is still alive, but I’ve been really happy with our consistency over the last month and we want to keep stringing some wins together.”

Corey Parker:

“I’ve watched Brendan for some time and he is outstanding. In my mind Piakura is physically ready for the NRL now and he would be the perfect replacement for Alex Glenn in the back row next season. Brendan has all the skills."

“Piakura is a different style of back-rower to David Fifita ... he is a damaging ball-runner but I also like the fact he has mongrel in defence. He is a quietly-spoken sort of kid but he has a great attitude ... I’m not surprised the Bulldogs tried to sign him.”

McHunt

Piakura plays left edge too, so can't really drop the captain in his last season to give him a run.

So here's a weird twist: if we beat the Sharks by more than 15, the Titans leapfrog them into the 8 (for this week). Which means Titans fans will be supporting us tomorrow. Those who can do simple arithmetic, that is.

But here's the kicker: when you're cheering on the Broncos to flog the Sharks tomorrow, you're also cheering on the Titans to make the 8.

So here's a weird twist: if we beat the Sharks by more than 15, the Titans leapfrog them into the 8 (for this week). Which means Titans fans will be supporting us tomorrow. Those who can do simple arithmetic, that is.

But here's the kicker: when you're cheering on the Broncos to flog the Sharks tomorrow, you're also cheering on the Titans to make the 8.
I've got no problems with the Titans making the 8 and just easily getting bundled out in the first week.

Sounds to me like we better win by 14 then.

Exciting if Piakura plays. I don’t think he’s put it all together this year, his defence has been physical but his attack has taken time.

I’d like it better if Gamble was playing. Piakura combined well with him earlier this year on the right.

I was at that game watching and Gamble man handled him to the sot he wanted and Piakura got two tries.

He can be a savage low tackler if he makes all his tackles and runs hard job done.

Far from ideal to make your debut after not playing since start of June.

so after last nights debacle and the outcry all over social media be prepared for the nrl to go back to anything even within centimetres of the chin is going to be a send off.

this is going to be worse then the last crackdown now that we sore early/mid season

And once again its thanks to robo.

Even though i 100% agree with him on what he said about refs and bunker you just know the refs are so incompetent they are going to go way to far the other way now.

so after last nights debacle and the outcry all over social media be prepared for the nrl to go back to anything even within centimetres of the chin is going to be a send off.

this is going to be worse then the last crackdown now that we sore early/mid season

Even though i 100% agree with him on what he said about refs and bunker you just know the refs are so incompetent they are going to go way to far the other way now.
You just beat me to it. Wait and see how we are the test subjects.

Step right up folks. How many Broncos players will be sent off tonight after Perenara the useless **** didn't do his job properly again?

Step right up folks. How many Broncos players will be sent off tonight after Perenara the useless **** didn't do his job properly again?
Surely they will get someone else for the bunker tonite.

I really don't care, as long as we win. But since you're asking: I'll pick Milford and Coates. **** giving either of them a sendoff. I'd rather give Brodie and Karmichael a final trot around Lang Park.

Speaking of which, what the **** is going on with Jamayne? He's not even in the reserves. No questions, no speculation, no press. It's very suspicious.

It was perenara who fucked us last week awarding a no try. Had he been held accountable for that, another person in the bunker sees that. Although I doubt nswrl will put that together.

I am not surprised Klein missed it, he is shit.

I really don't care, as long as we win. But since you're asking: I'll pick Milford and Coates. **** giving either of them a sendoff. I'd rather give Brodie and Karmichael a final trot around Lang Park.

Speaking of which, what the **** is going on with Jamayne? He's not even in the reserves. No questions, no speculation, no press. It's very suspicious.
Yeah the Isaako situation is strange. Disappeared without a trace. Don’t even recall seeing him in training photos or other media.

I thought he was doing better on the wing but I have no issue with him being dropped, though I’d prefer it weren’t for Coates. It is a little strange for sure. You’d have to assume he’s gone and it has just been kept quiet for whatever reason.

Brendan Piakura is in!

Screenpiakura

BRISBANE BRONCOS V SHARKS

1 Tesi Niu
2 Corey Oates
3 Selwyn Cobbo
4 Herbie Farnworth
5 Xavier Coates
6 Anthony Milford
7 Albert Kelly
8 Tom Flegler
9 Jake Turpin
10 Payne Haas
11 Alex Glenn ©
17 TC Robati
13 Kobe Hetherington

Interchange
14 Danny Levi
15 Rhys Kennedy
16 Ethan Bullemor
19 Brendan Piakura

Reserves
18 David Mead
20 Corey Paix

What’s Corey Paix got to do to get a game. The barber has signed overseas so as a reward for his hard work surely Kevvie give him a go mate.

Literally national roosters league. They get done by with some crappy calls and the whole shit turns into chaos with investigations, refs stood down etc. I'm sure he was happy with the officiating fiasco which they abused against us to get the win. No one bats an eye when it happens to us or any other bottom 8 team. Legit got fucked multiple weeks in a row. Robbo would've ordered a royal inquisition if they had to deal with the shit bottom 8 clubs do. Almost playing a different game.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Dazza 92
  • Fozz
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • Kev_Guz
  • Browny
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kman
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Turky Murky
  • Mustafur
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.