LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
The major criticisms of Kev have been:

- Team selections;
- Interchange use (or lack of);
- Coaching passive defence; and
- Lack of a game plan.

Reyno has helped with the last point, apparently he's the one coming up with attacking structure etc. NONE of the others are showing any improvement whatsoever. If it doesn't start, and yesterday, Kev is a dead man walking at this club - and if he loses this gig, I doubt he gets another.

What the **** happened through the middle of the year? It's fucking hard to think about, but perhaps THAT was the anomaly rather than the past few weeks...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think it's time to admit Paix is honestly just not very good... but he still has potential to offer more than Turpin or Walters.
Broncos really need a hooker, really can't afford to wait and hope for Mozer for the next 3 years.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
James selection is the one that has the biggest questions marks.. he was terrible last week that effort on the try line for kamikamicas try was horrendous and should be a instant drop without even looking at his stats.
We have so many better options so why give him the position. Keenan was putting in alot more quality input than James when he actually got game time.
Hoeter should have retained his spot.. we've had 3 different centres since Herbie got injured.. defending next to a rookie. All 3 haven't deserved being dropped.
Turpin I can understand to point because Paix and Walters doing much more but Turpins not here next year so why continue with it when Paix and Walters are the combo for next season going by our squad.
Jensen needs to start with Flegler off the bench it provides alot more balance in the team. Flegler is your impact Jensen is your workhouse.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
The major criticisms of Kev have been:

- Team selections;
- Interchange use (or lack of);
- Coaching passive defence; and
- Lack of a game plan.

Reyno has helped with the last point, apparently he's the one coming up with attacking structure etc. NONE of the others are showing any improvement whatsoever. If it doesn't start, and yesterday, Kev is a dead man walking at this club - and if he loses this gig, I doubt he gets another.

What the **** happened through the middle of the year? It's fucking hard to think about, but perhaps THAT was the anomaly rather than the past few weeks...
Lol. I don't like your argument. Look at it anyway you like but here's the facts.

2020 - 3 wins and the spoon under siebold.
2021- 7 wins under kevy in his first year, a 133% increase from prior year
2022 - 13 wins in his second year 85% increase from price year. 333% increase from siebold.

Very impressive. If he has a shit year next year he will be In the same position as Justin holbrook this year. Lets not forget todd payten only had 7 wins in his second year as an nrl coach. Look at him in his third year.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
James is ok for about the first 10 mins. That's about it
Yeah I thought the same. If he actually played that way for 20 minutes I'd say he's a viable option

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Lol. I don't like your argument. Look at it anyway you like but here's the facts.

2020 - 3 wins and the spoon under siebold.
2021- 7 wins under kevy in his first year, a 133% increase from prior year
2022 - 13 wins in his second year 85% increase from price year. 333% increase from siebold.

Very impressive. If he has a shit year next year he will be In the same position as Justin holbrook this year. Lets not forget todd payten only had 7 wins in his second year as an nrl coach. Look at him in his third year.
This is Payten's second year as a full-time NRL coach, last year at the Cowboys was his first.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Maybe, If we just ignore the form over the last month. Honestly, the only person in the world who didn’t see last weeks flogging coming is Kevin Walters. The fact he still can’t see it is just staggering.
Agreed. I backed Storm minus 29.5 @ 5.50.
Was an easy watch from punting pov.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
This is Payten's second year as a full-time NRL coach, last year at the Cowboys was his first.
Coached the Warriors 14 games in 2020. Or are we saying someone else coached the Warriors in those games?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I knew it... Hoeter being there over Brenko definitely worth 60pts.

Looks like we'll put 70 on Parra with this astute announcement

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
“There won’t be too many changes, I want to give them all another opportunity,” he said.

“I was disappointed with the result and how it all went, but these guys have been good enough all year to get us into this position. I don’t see a need for change."

Kevvie must have copped one too many head knocks because I don't recall James & Turpin being a part of that on the field. Paix and Gamble on the other hand....

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Looks like we're tanking for draft picks with this team.

Well done Walters.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
“There won’t be too many changes, I want to give them all another opportunity,” he said.

“I was disappointed with the result and how it all went, but these guys have been good enough all year to get us into this position. I don’t see a need for change."

Kevvie must have copped one too many head knocks because I don't recall James & Turpin being a part of that on the field. Paix and Gamble on the other hand....
FFFB173B B3F5 4266 B4DD AE2BE77DCEB0

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Coached the Warriors 14 games in 2020. Or are we saying someone else coached the Warriors in those games?
Is 14 games a full-season mate? Was he the appointed coach of the Warriors when the season commenced in 2020? Was he appointed as a fill-in/replacement coach?

Did you miss the part where I said full-time as in for a full season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Spooky1013
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosAlways
  • Robboi_321
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.