Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Kevin Walters:

“I will back Ezra. I know he can tackle, we’ve seen it in games. I am backing him 100 per cent. To be fair to Ezra, Nelson has done that to a lot of players in his time. Whether he’s playing through the middle or on an edge, like at the moment, he’s been quite damaging. He is a big unit and hard to handle. It’s all about gaining experience for Ezra and the confidence and composure. It’s the first time he’s played against someone that’s 125kg.”​
“There won’t be too many changes, I want to give them all another opportunity. I was disappointed with the result and how it all went, but these guys have been good enough all year to get us into this position. I don’t see a need for change. It’s a little bit of fatigue and tiredness. Defence is all mental. We’ve got to fix that up but we have been saying that for a month now. We’ve been good in patches but not overall. We had a seven-week block where we were really good, but for the rest of it we were a bit up and down.”​

Justin Hodges:

“The Broncos have had a great season so far but this is where the real test comes at this time of the year. I think some of their younger guys are feeling the pinch of a long season, especially with Origin, and I’ve experienced that Origin hangover later in the year. I really hope they make the finals but this game against the Eels will tell us if they can recover in time to make an impact in the playoffs.”​

Trevor Gillmeister:

“I have heard people say that big blokes like Nelson should not be running at Ezra but that’s bullshit. The big blokes used to run at Alf and he used to tackle them. What I have found with the halves though is that when they are tackling well the rest of their game goes through the roof because they are like cocky roosters. They strut around because if their defence is right the rest of their games just flows on. They don’t have to have the same tackling style every time. Attack varies and so can defence. It is a confidence thing, especially with the halves. Defence builds confidence. There is nothing quite like defending for a few sets on your line then saying to the opposition ‘right, time to get on your bike because we are coming down your end’.”​
"just on the edges it looked to me like one of the defenders is coming up and the other one is hovering. That’s like being passive-aggressive. You have to all be doing the same thing. You might get away with it occasionally but not against the Storm. It’s hard to pick one area. The whole team were pretty ordinary the other night.​
“But teams can brush things off pretty quickly these days. A lot of teams had more than 40 points put on them last week. Some of them looked as if they were checked out and waiting for their end-of-season trip but that should not be the case for the Broncos because they are hanging on to a place in the eight.”​
How can that tool Walters even mention Mam in any comment about being selected, when you have 2 completely hopeless dummyhalfs. Walters should be letting us know how Walters and Turpin are keeping there positions in our 17 each week. The last 3 weeks haven't been fatigue, the last 3 weeks showed me who in our squad deserves to play 1st grade football. James, Kennedy, Heoter, Walters. Turpin would be normally included in this list but at least he put he's body on the line in defence, but dam he's service from dummy half is complete rubbish. From the players we have available they should of been replaced by- T.C Robati, Hosking, Palasia, Paix, Lee.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Is 14 games a full-season mate? Was he the appointed coach of the Warriors when the season commenced in 2020? Was he appointed as a fill-in/replacement coach?

Did you miss the part where I said full-time as in for a full season?
Lol let's not forget, 2020 was the year of the covid and we only had 20 rounds, 14 games coached is a fair chunk of the season . I didn't miss the part where you said "full seasons" but you obviously missed the part where I said "third year".

I'll do the maths for you..

2020 =1st year
2021 = 2nd year
2022 = 3rd year.

Pretty simple. Todd payten is in his third year as a coach. Kevy is in his second.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
With Paix.

Fa1NUtuaIAU2g2p

With Turpin.

Fa1NXEZaAAY5asE

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Look at the teams we’re playing though

Warriors the only outlier for Turpin - all top 4-6 teams otherwise

Paix only has the Panthers and Roosters at the start of the year that had crossover with Turpin, which we lost anyway so what does it matter

Cowboys were very inconsistent to start off the season, so were Roosters who had lost 2 of their first 4 games when we played them, Storm had the wobbles leading into our game down in Melbourne. Apart from Panthers, they were very winnable games.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
I have no doubt we'll win next game due to the bounce back effect after a huge loss. But I fear Kev will think we won with Turps and James so we'll stick with them.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
A man does not realise he has 2 anchors strapped to his balls and sails to his destination. His joy blinds him of the fact he can reach his destination faster by cutting those anchors loose. ~ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Lol let's not forget, 2020 was the year of the covid and we only had 20 rounds, 14 games coached is a fair chunk of the season . I didn't miss the part where you said "full seasons" but you obviously missed the part where I said "third year".

I'll do the maths for you..

2020 =1st year
2021 = 2nd year
2022 = 3rd year.

Pretty simple. Todd payten is in his third year as a coach. Kevy is in his second.
Well, no, if you are saying as a 'coach', Kev coached as a head coach at Catalans for two years, so this is his 4th year as a 'coach'.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This might seem stupid but in my shock at that team list, just realised Paix isn’t even in the extended squad.

Also looks like TC and Peeks aren’t getting any / anymore games this season. I’m still over the moon with what Kevvie has done this season but this last month is extremely concerning and this week’s list is jaw dropping. I really hope he stops playing favourites, this is the same issue the Lions currently have.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This might seem stupid but in my shock at that team list, just realised Paix isn’t even in the extended squad.

Also looks like TC and Peeks aren’t getting any / anymore games this season. I’m still over the moon with what Kevvie has done this season but this last month is extremely concerning and this week’s list is jaw dropping. I really hope he stops playing favourites, this is the same issue the Lions currently have.
Its a guy who fluked some winning streaks and has no idea how he did it

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
Its a guy who fluked some winning streaks and has no idea how he did it
Broncs started their winning streak when Niu and Turpin got injured. That's when Kev was made to look like a coaching genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • The Strapper
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • thenry
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.